big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

I remember when lupe could do no wrong on here. It's those dreads mane

He was the man but after Lasers he lost a lot of his core fan base. He's still one of best lyricist out today. But he and twitter should go they separate ways

verse was dope but w/o the name dropping this is somethin we've heard before from the likes of budden, royce, ortiz, etc. goin off for 3-4 minutes, puttin on a lyrical display.

only reason this is gettin as much attention as it is is b/c of the names. we all kno how how to rob turned out. same s***. we seen this movie before. good for the game i guess.:rolleyes

the responses in here are hilarious tho and im not speakin on responses to lamar verse. some of you are delusional.

KL aint eem the king of LA, now a handful of you saying that kendrick is the KONY. foh.

"now just say s***, these N_s'll believe it"

cannot believe this thread has reached 40 somethin pages over THAT verse.:smh:

who is the king of LA?

the kendrick slurpage in here is disgusting but what you expect from this new generation, they impressed by that name dropping

Lupe came with that heat, No where better than the OG S.L.R but it got the point across

3 pages since last night, no new rap? I am disappoint

I have a feeling today is the day we get a nice big chunk of music released.

Yesterday was national recording day for all rappers across America.
Today is when we'll have the Tyga's and French Montana's of the world all release their response. :lol: :smh:

I'm from NY don't get why anyone from NY would be mad at anybody other than NY rappers.

Los went off.

This **** was so smooth on Kendrick's behalf.
One of the best power moves I've seen since 50.

I don't even think dude is the nicest rapper out but he is nice and his level of fame make him almost unbeatable in this situation especially on the same beat, Los and Ortiz both went crazy but does it matter to the masses? NOPE

Nobody that he mentioned or that's out there at all has his combination of skill and platform

3 pages since last night, no new rap? I am disappoint
I have a feeling today is the day we get a nice big chunk of music released.

Yesterday was national recording day for all rappers across America.
Today is when we'll have the Tyga's and French Montana's of the world all release their response.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
French Montana is in the studio with Miley Cyrus, he has no time for the likes of Kendrick Lamar

Big K.R.I.T. works his *** off and hands down has one of the best mixtapes to drop this year that HE produced himself. K.R.I.T. is slept on because he's from the south, but he will lyrically rap circles around your favorite rappers. He's more well rounded than Kendrick, he brings more to the table from a musical standpoint if you ask me. He just hasn't found that commercial hit nor does he have the same support system that Kendrick has (Dr.Dre) .. Once he does, watch out. I wish someone like Bun B/Scarface/Dre3000 would take him under the wing, he has all the potential in the world to be the voice of the South for years to come :smokin

Lupe's verse from "Poor Decisions" is exactly the type of stuff I want to hear from him. You tend to forgot how great of an artist he has in the middle of his whining, psedo-revolutionary act, along with looking like Chief Keef's older brother.

Every time I here Los' name come up, I keep thinking of Fabolous and not the dude from Bad Boy :lol:

*waits for Riff Raff's response*

The fact that so many New Yorkers are upset proves Kdot is the King of New York.
I mean why else would you guys be so mad?
Probably cause there's no one (outside of Jay and Nas) that can touch him in NY.

How do you take out the two Kings who are still VERY ACTIVE and still bodying verses and claim someone who isn't from here is king?

I wasn't really bothered by the King of NY thing until people started taking the discussion somewhere else. This record was to purely tell cats to step they lyrical game up.... in the matter of 12 hours it went from that to the emphasis all on NYC. People don't want NYC to be relevant but have turned the entire discussion into something about NYC :lol:

Point blank there is nobody in NYC who is as well rounded as K.dot is right now out of the new artist.... However when you have two Legends who are still on their A game & who K.dot LITERALLY STUDIED you can't give a prince a crown.

If that was the case Jay been the King of Cali since 2001 (Lets not even get into the fact that Jay heavily worked on chronic 2001). There aint been nobody on the westcoast since Pac's death who could hold a candle to Jay or Nas but you didn't see them claiming king of Cali....

Last edited:
verse was dope but w/o the name dropping this is somethin we've heard before from the likes of budden, royce, ortiz, etc. goin off for 3-4 minutes, puttin on a lyrical display.

only reason this is gettin as much attention as it is is b/c of the names. we all kno how how to rob turned out. same s***. we seen this movie before. good for the game i guess.
eyes.gif

the responses in here are hilarious tho and im not speakin on responses to lamar verse. some of you are delusional.

KL aint eem the king of LA, now a handful of you saying that kendrick is the KONY. foh.

"now just say s***, these N_s'll believe it"

cannot believe this thread has reached 40 somethin pages over THAT verse.
mean.gif
This. It's cool to inject some excitement into rap. But at this point, I see this on some WWE ****. Ain't nobody really coming at each other forreal this is just an aggressive way of saying "y'all rap dudes are lazy right now". In the grand scheme of things, after what happened between Big and Pac, nobody really wants to go back to that type of exchange. So you'll get someone calling others out, it gets people's attention for a minute, then everything will go back to the status quo. 

Big K.R.I.T. works his *** off and hands down has one of the best mixtapes to drop this year that HE produced himself. K.R.I.T. is slept on because he's from the south, but he will lyrically rap circles around your favorite rappers. He's more well rounded than Kendrick, he brings more to the table from a musical standpoint if you ask me. He just hasn't found that commercial hit nor does he have the same support system that Kendrick has (Dr.Dre) .. Once he does, watch out. I wish someone like Bun B/Scarface/Dre3000 would take him under the wing, he has all the potential in the world to be the voice of the South for years to come
smokin.gif
In a way, I hope he doesn't get total commercial appeal, then that might take away from what makes him him. Unless he can find that balance of being a commercial success without sacrificing his sound.

So for those saying Kendrick aint the king in LA right now, who is?

****** don't know what the **** they talking about.

Ain't nobody running LA like Kendrick right now.

****, after yesterday, ain't nobody running hip hop like Kendrick right now.

Every rapper in LA is either old, or just getting on and trying to get where Kendrick is at right now.

Let that boy shine.

"But I've done so much, no matter how far you go, you will reflect me"

Lupe has some heat in there, but he got lazy. His flow wasn't the savage Lupe I wanted.

Lupe the killer needs to come back...

Big K.R.I.T. works his *** off and hands down has one of the best mixtapes to drop this year that HE produced himself. K.R.I.T. is slept on because he's from the south, but he will lyrically rap circles around your favorite rappers. He's more well rounded than Kendrick, he brings more to the table from a musical standpoint if you ask me. He just hasn't found that commercial hit nor does he have the same support system that Kendrick has (Dr.Dre) .. Once he does, watch out. I wish someone like Bun B/Scarface/Dre3000 would take him under the wing, he has all the potential in the world to be the voice of the South for years to come :smokin

KRIT will get his shine. I wish someone like Dre3000, Big Boi, Bun or someone would take him under their wing as well. Someone with some history and wisdom in the game and some pull to steer that boy in the right direction.

Real life, Kendrick, KRIT, Dom, and Currency are pretty much all I listen to outside of Jay and Nas.

So seeing all of them shine is a good feeling.

Last edited:
In a way, I hope he doesn't get total commercial appeal, then that might take away from what makes him him. Unless he can find that balance of being a commercial success without sacrificing his sound.
He'd have to get farrr away from Def Jam for that to happen
laugh.gif
But you know what I meant when I said that. He's already on commercials so he's headed in that direction. I just don't want him to get worse. Def Jam in recent years is not really known for artist development. That's the scary part. 

Back
Top Bottom