big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

So for those saying Kendrick aint the king in LA right now, who is?

If he is, that goes to show how weak the west coast has been over the longer period of time, where an artist in what his junior year can come and claim King...in NY we have some of the most important figures of hiphop that been relevant for longer than some been born...Jay, Puff, Nas, etc.... Ain't no French Montana or any new rapper gonna come into the mix and be crowned king of NY by the people of this city when it comes to hiphop....the fact ya slurping this kid so bad really shows how desperate the west coast has been for someone to come and represent ya nationwide....enjoy it while it lasts.

You sound more upset for reasons outside of music...

Your whole passion for this is driven by the LA vs NY argument that plagues the general section.

Its ok son. NY takes L's. Live with it. Let this ***** have his spotlight.

NY ****** always so sensitive :lol:

I wanna hear some **** from the following ppl:
Styles + jada
Budden
Nas
Royce
Action Bronson
Roc Marciano
Joey badass
Kinda wanna hear something from deck, Raekwon and ghost
Still feel like busta could do a lil something
Killa
Wish Kane or rakim would spit something just for this

I heard Joell just fine. I also heard the normal level of rap have gave over the same beat....which was the point of what Kendrick was trying to say in the 1st place. Make better material!! That sounded like any other Joell verse I've already heard. Which is not a bad thing but it also didn't help prove or say anything about Joell.

This makes no sense. So is all of Kendrick's work going to be talked about like this? Top quality? Not forgettable?

Joell is already making good lyrical material. Kendrick wasn't saying what you're saying isn't good enough. He's saying it's a competition. Just like Kobe, Lebron and KD are all competing for the scoring title and championship.

[COLOR=#red]Let's get this straight once and for all...It doesn't matter when people hop on the wagon, whether is was the Section 80 folk or the folk who got on around B Don't Kill My Vibe...fans are fans. Nobody is getting any loyalty checks in the mail because "I been rockin with him from his first mixtape". Who gives a **** when you recognized the talent as long as the talent is recognized. Nuh's be wanting respect because they heard of artists before they went mainstream...Stop It. The people who been there since "day one" are quick to call new fans slurpers and nut gobblers, it's getting old and it's dumb...transcending talent usually doesn't stay underground forever, Deal With It./COLOR]

hit dog howl for me

Styles + jada
Budden
Nas
Royce
Action Bronson
Roc Marciano
Joey badass
Killa

I want to hear some **** from the ****** who were actually called out.

"New ******, just new ******. Don't get involved"

Last edited:
The only response that matters is Drake, J. Cole, and KRIT

all the rest of these guys are crabs in a bucket and its funny this is turning into the next "A Milli Freestyle" im already tired of rappers and people over hyping Kendrick verse

in a era where there is only a handful of good hip hop artist im not impressed

but we all know when Drake responds or throws a jab back the whole game is gonna shut down people riding Drake so hard right now its not even funny

If I was Drake I would save everything for the album

all jokes aside I hope Carter 2 Wayne makes a apperence since his named wasnt mentiond along with the old Ye

Last edited:

Your whole passion for this is driven by the LA vs NY argument that plagues the general section.

Why ya keep thinking I'm upset?...lol I'm not typing in caps bro..

Why ya keep thinking I'm upset?...lol I'm not typing in caps bro..

:lol: I'm just saying, let that boy be great. Its good that NY got a smack upside the head.

Now maybe these fools will start taking this seriously.

This could fuel a whole new renaissance in hip hop. One driven by lyrics and skill, and not money or who's got the most "swag".

Honestly I'm not concerned with this King of NY isht. Especially once he sidestepped the OG's, or "hall of famed" them as 9th said in that vid. I mean its cute to say but New York really doesn't have many new artists buzzing like that so it doesn't amount to much imo. It just speaks to the state of NY rap, though we've known this for a long time now. It basically feels like he hit a homerun off a tee. I'm more interested in his stance as overall #1 in rap. Drake should be the one trying to go at his neck but he probably won't. I'm curious to see if this song signifies the end of the south's rain and a transition to the west being on top. Most of the big southern rap acts have cooled off so now would be a good time.

Fred the godson. Tuhhh. The hell he think he is. He might be the worst rapper alive along with jojo Simmons and chanel west coast.
Just because YOU'VE never heard of him, don't come in here speaking this non-sense.

:lol: every verse from here on out is "come harder"

I see it now...

Exactly g.... only way that wouldn't hold true was if Drake, Rocky, Cole, Wale responded with something on the level of Los & Ortiz

I promise you if Drake spit the same exact freestyle any of them ****** just spit cats would be in here trying to put the OVO owl on the Canadian flag...

This **** is rigged B... I admire what Kendrick is trying to do for Hiphop but like i've been saying for awhile now the fans are a bigger problem than the rappers.

Just look at the aftermath of what happened in only a day after the verse was dropped.

1) Verse drops everyone is :wow: giving props, hoping this makes other rappers step their game up.
2) Yea so and so can spit but we ONLY want to hear responses from the people he called out.
3) Rappers who put out GREAT lyrical responses they're ignored because they don't have enough buzz.
4) People are either calling Kendrick a legend or Trash and waving their favorite artist flags.
5) the conversation goes from creating better music to how Kendrick "won" dissing fellow rappers... He is now the KONY.

If he is, that goes to show how weak the west coast has been over the longer period of time, where an artist in what his junior year can come and claim King...in NY we have some of the most important figures of hiphop that been relevant for longer than some been born...Jay, Puff, Nas, etc.... Ain't no French Montana or any new rapper gonna come into the mix and be crowned king of NY by the people of this city when it comes to hiphop....the fact ya slurping this kid so bad really shows how desperate the west coast has been for someone to come and represent ya nationwide....enjoy it while it lasts.

Wait wait wait.
Wasn't Big named King of New York on the Source after he dropped Ready to Die? You're talking like Kendrick is a lightweight and your venturing off from the music. Name another new artist that's dropped anything close to GKMC. And lol at enjoy it while it last. Kendrick is here to stay. The fact that people are comparing Kendrick to Jay and Nas means he won.

And this proves my point, no matter what's put out by any rapper, it's a predisposed ideal that its either nothing new or sucks...let me ask you something, if you we're not impressed by Joells lyrical bomb yesterday, what could he have done to blow you away?...that was raw hiphop, I don't understand what kind of quality sound ya expecting to satisfy Kendrick's request?..
What I expect is doing more than your norm at this point. What Joell did was his norm and if he can't reach any further than that its a wrap. Kendrick will not lose any sleep at night over that verse what so ever. I can't say the same about the Mickey verse. He honestly sounded like he felt disrepected and went for not only K but TDE all together. This is how you have to come for a dudes neck when he walks in your crib and says this is my house. You can't go at someones neck with something dull...come with your sharpest weapons only.

New York will never be back on top. Your own radio stations don't even play your music :lol:

DJs don't play your music in the club...

When NYers tour, they only do shows in the North East

Deal with it..

This makes no sense. So is all of Kendrick's work going to be talked about like this? Top quality? Not forgettable?

Joell is already making good lyrical material. Kendrick wasn't saying what you're saying isn't good enough. He's saying it's a competition. Just like Kobe, Lebron and KD are all competing for the scoring title and championship.
hit dog howl for me
Were not talking about an entire catalog of work! Were talking about the OG VERSE from K and RESPONSES right now. Don't turn down that street.
mean.gif

Last edited:
Los did work.

But I guess he'll get overlooked. Not sure why lol

Los spazzed like a bad back on that track :smokin .. I need him to be lyrically consistent like this all the time.

I don't care how many dudes hop on this track, irrelevant or not, come strong with your content and keep it consistent. If a rapper takes the approach of "look at me now, I can still spit hot bars and diss Kendrick at the same time" they lost. It's not about firing back with 1000 bars or 6 minutes of death, it's about perfecting your craft, not being lazy, and bringing your A game every time you step in the booth.

"No Days Off, Ferris Bueller *****"

[COLOR=#red]If a rapper calls out other rappers in a forest with nobody in it...does it make a sound? [/COLOR]

Im just saying that the whole competitive vibe is nothing new to kendrick and the entire TDE camp. this was just another verse for kendrick

Styles + jada
Budden
Nas
Royce
Action Bronson
Roc Marciano
Joey badass
Killa
No one on this list except Budden has the skill present day to match Kendrick. You betta have a Delorean or something to hop through time and grab each of these artists in their prime and then we'll have a convo. You must be from NY...I feel the saltiness with each keystroke
laugh.gif

Were not talking about an entire catalog of work! Were talking about the OG VERSE from K and RESPONSES right now. Don't turn down that street.
mean.gif

It's crazy how some of you comprehend lyrics and make them in to have your own meaning.

Did you actually listen to the song?

He's not talking about one song....he's talking about period.

songs, albums, mixtapes, features :smh:

No one on this list except Budden has the skill present day to match Kendrick. You betta have a Delorean or something to hop through time and grab each of these artists in their prime and then we'll have a convo. You must be from NY...I feel the saltiness with each keystroke
laugh.gif

I need to read dudes statements, before I even respond to them :smh:

Nas and Royce don't have the skill?

Last edited:
I have a real question for you guys.

Who in NY can hang with Kendrick?

The ***** got a Platinum Plaque, money, spits ******g burning gasoline, and awards.

WHO IN NY can **** with him right now? Even outside of the fact that he can spit with the best lyricists in NY in right now. I see a lot of people bringing up old rappers, trump cards that they know have history. But Kendrick ain't call them out.

Its like the old sports argument. Your current team is some ****, so you start bringing up old past teams that won Superbowls or NBA Championships.

We not talking about them though, we're talking about your team now.

Who can **** with him?

Lebron called out the Bulls, so you got Scottie Pippen responding to him? Why isn't Derrick Rose responding?

I don't want ot hear struggle bars from KRS ONE or Jim Jones. I don't want to hear Fat Joe or some other washed up ***** defend NY. I want to hear one of the ****** who got called out (ASAP ROCKY for example) defend his home turf.

I want ot hear Meek Mill defend himself. I want to hear someone who got blatantly called out come back and say "Aye, don't sleep on me." and drop some REAL MUSIC.

Everyone saying Kendrick ain't the King of LA, but the dude clearly has the credentials right now. There's nobody in NY with credentials. And when you do bring someone up, their first album was before 1997... Hence my sports analogy...

If theres a kingdom with no king at the moment, you damn right I'm going to walk in and take over the throne. And there ain't a damn thing anyone can do about it until the townspeople claim their kingdom back and overthrow me.

Last edited:
even if the whole "king" line was to be taken literally, which I don't believe for a second it was ....  a king can be the "king of the moment" -- thrones are always overthrown...

Back
Top Bottom