big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

He'd have to get farrr away from Def Jam for that to happen
laugh.gif
Exxxxxactly!

the Los track was dope as ****...

Joell did what Joell does and continues to be slept on...

B.O.B., bruh... why? ****** need to get at him for putting out such a raggedy track

Fred the Godson... smh... Fred got bars, but he shoulda had someone proof read that **** and came harder

No one has yet to match or bring that caliber of a verse to the table that's needed. NY is defenseless at this point TBH.

I remember when lupe could do no wrong on here. It's those dreads mane

He was the man but after Lasers he lost a lot of his core fan base. He's still one of best lyricist out today. But he and twitter should go they separate ways

thats exactly what happened. I was a die-hard Lupe fan up until Lasers. After that i couldnt listen to his music the same way. I could barely give Food & Liquor 2 a chance

I'm glad Young Guru got it

He wasn't specifically calling himself the King Of New York...he was using a double entendre saying he was the best from coast to coast and everything in between. He was saying he's Biggie's and Pac's offspring, because he's the next generation and that's what made him...but that he's also the best.

And it doesn't really matter about the response, because nobody really cares about the response. You have people that will gobble Kendrick's nuts, just because it's Kendrick and he's the flavor of the month and that's the in thing to do. People who didn't have no clue who Kendrick was and never listened to Section 80 will say he's their favorite rapper.

Not as many people are going to hear Joell, Lupe or anyone elses responses, much less talk about them

Lupe's flows in that song were :smh:

And I'm still wondering why Big Sean put this out, because nobody is talking about him. It doesn't promote his album at all, other than them having to sit through him at the beginning. I guess he thought he could LL Canibus and go back and change up his bars. Naw homey, it wasn't subliminal :smh:

Last edited:
How do you take out the two Kings who are still VERY ACTIVE and still bodying verses and claim someone who isn't from here is king?

I wasn't really bothered by the King of NY thing until people started taking the discussion somewhere else. This record was to purely tell cats to step they lyrical game up.... in the matter of 12 hours it went from that to the emphasis all on NYC. People don't want NYC to be relevant but have turned the entire discussion into something about NYC :lol:

Point blank there is nobody in NYC who is as well rounded as K.dot is right now out of the new artist.... However when you have two Legends who are still on their A game & who K.dot LITERALLY STUDIED you can't give a prince a crown.

If that was the case Jay been the King of Cali since 2001 (Lets not even get into the fact that Jay heavily worked on chronic 2001). There aint been nobody on the westcoast since Pac's death who could hold a candle to Jay or Nas but you didn't see them claiming king of Cali....

Literally agree with everything you said.
This wasn't a NY diss and idk how it turned into that but I was speaking in terms of the new class of rappers. I can't understand how a simple metaphor has caused so much uproar.

You the king of New York? Beg ya pardon?/ The King of L.A. is dead and that n*gga from Harlem…[TUPAC!]

Everyone has had some pretty hard bars over this... but cats aint gettin the message, Better songs NOT FREESTYLES OVER THE SAME BEAT

How do you take out the two Kings who are still VERY ACTIVE and still bodying verses and claim someone who isn't from here is king?

I wasn't really bothered by the King of NY thing until people started taking the discussion somewhere else. This record was to purely tell cats to step they lyrical game up.... in the matter of 12 hours it went from that to the emphasis all on NYC. People don't want NYC to be relevant but have turned the entire discussion into something about NYC :lol:

Point blank there is nobody in NYC who is as well rounded as K.dot is right now out of the new artist.... However when you have two Legends who are still on their A game & who K.dot LITERALLY STUDIED you can't give a prince a crown.

If that was the case Jay been the King of Cali since 2001 (Lets not even get into the fact that Jay heavily worked on chronic 2001). There aint been nobody on the westcoast since Pac's death who could hold a candle to Jay or Nas but you didn't see them claiming king of Cali....

It's like saying, well besides Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, I'm the best QB

That's why the argument is silly to me, because Jay and Nas are way beyond king. Jay doesn't even have to talk about King anymore. Jay's the mythic god like figure over rap like Oprah. They're both immortals, who are still relevant.

He was the man but after Lasers he lost a lot of his core fan base. He's still one of best lyricist out today. But he and twitter should go they separate ways

I think his arrogance bordered on whininess and turned off people. From day one he was sort of annoying to listen to outside of music. It's sort of weird that he is now in that same lane that he disrespected after the Tribe/VH1 ****.

... am i missing something ?

SLR2 is a piece of hot garbage

It was ok, the flows were :smh:

It sounded jumbled with no flow.

I think this is a song he already had in the can.

So for those saying Kendrick aint the king in LA right now, who is?

If he is, that goes to show how weak the west coast has been over the longer period of time, where an artist in what his junior year can come and claim King...in NY we have some of the most important figures of hiphop that been relevant for longer than some been born...Jay, Puff, Nas, etc.... Ain't no French Montana or any new rapper gonna come into the mix and be crowned king of NY by the people of this city when it comes to hiphop....the fact ya slurping this kid so bad really shows how desperate the west coast has been for someone to come and represent ya nationwide....enjoy it while it lasts.

Fred the godson. Tuhhh. The hell he think he is. He might be the worst rapper alive along with jojo Simmons and chanel west coast.

Last edited:
In a way, I hope he doesn't get total commercial appeal, then that might take away from what makes him him. Unless he can find that balance of being a commercial success without sacrificing his sound.

He'd have to get farrr away from Def Jam for that to happen :lol:
But you know what I meant when I said that. He's already on commercials so he's headed in that direction. I just don't want him to get worse. Def Jam in recent years is not really known for artist development. That's the scary part. 

If KRIT can go commercial in his own way he'll be fine. I remember when UGK got on Big Pimpin, a lot of my dudes in H-Town was happy to see them finally get the respect they deserved but they also had the sour face because they didn't want UGK to sell their souls to the commercial side of music. Thankfully they didn't sellout, they managed to keep their status as legends and balance both sides of the industry, same exact thing I see in KRIT.

If he is, that goes to show how weak the west coast has been over the longer period of time, where an artist in what his junior year can come and claim King...in NY we have some of the most important figures of hiphop that been relevant for longer than some been born...Jay, Puff, Nas, etc.... Ain't no French Montana or any new rapper gonna come into the mix and be crowned king of NY by the people of this city when it comes to hiphop....the fact ya slurping this kid so bad really shows how desperate the west coast has been for someone to come and represent ya nationwide....enjoy it while it lasts.

IMO the only one that can claim that title as the king of the west when it comes to hiphop is Dre, just because Kendrick is nice lyrically doesn't mean he's king, a king needs to stand on his own two feet and command his troops, the only dude that has earned that respect nationwide in hiphop from the west is Dre.

and in all honesty if i was Rocky right now I would be completely focused on making the best Lyrical track i could make right now.

Musically he has all the variety in the world to be a FORCE.... He already has crossed into the mainstream all while keeping his style...

If he were to come with anything vicious it would be not only a huge boost to him but the Entire A$AP crew. he's really the only cat from NY in position to gain something from this and it doesn't hurt that TDE/ASAP are forever intertwined.

And another Sidenote how long until Game starts coming at peoples heads???

he was ready to diss shyne for a tweet but with Alot of rappers solely coming at K.dot you KNOW he's going to use this time to sharpen his knife i just wonder who gonna get stabbed first.

I'm glad Young Guru got it

You have people that will gobble Kendrick's nuts, just because it's Kendrick and he's the flavor of the month and that's the in thing to do. People who didn't have no clue who Kendrick was and never listened to Section 80 will say he's their favorite rapper.

[COLOR=#red]Let's get this straight once and for all...It doesn't matter when people hop on the wagon, whether is was the Section 80 folk or the folk who got on around B Don't Kill My Vibe...fans are fans. Nobody is getting any loyalty checks in the mail because "I been rockin with him from his first mixtape". Who gives a **** when you recognized the talent as long as the talent is recognized. Nuh's be wanting respect because they heard of artists before they went mainstream...Stop It. The people who been there since "day one" are quick to call new fans slurpers and nut gobblers, it's getting old and it's dumb...transcending talent usually doesn't stay underground forever, Deal With It./COLOR]

either you're deaf or you didn't hear Ortiz over that beat...
I heard Joell just fine. I also heard the normal level of rap have gave over the same beat....which was the point of what Kendrick was trying to say in the 1st place. Make better material!! That sounded like any other Joell verse I've already heard. Which is not a bad thing but it also didn't help prove or say anything about Joell.

I heard Joell just fine. I also heard the normal level of rap have gave over the same beat....which was the point of what Kendrick was trying to say in the 1st place. Make better material!! That sounded like any other Joell verse I've already heard. Which is not a bad thing but it also didn't help prove or say anything about Joell.

And this proves my point, no matter what's put out by any rapper, it's a predisposed ideal that its either nothing new or sucks...let me ask you something, if you we're not impressed by Joells lyrical bomb yesterday, what could he have done to blow you away?...that was raw hiphop, I don't understand what kind of quality sound ya expecting to satisfy Kendrick's request?..

Back
Top Bottom