big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

hit dog howl for me

[COLOR=#red]Not hardly, I keep my ear to the streets, only difference is I don't expect any credit for doing so like so many hip hop heads expect for knowing about an artist before they blow. It's so stupid.

Then again you could be the hit dog howling because that's the type you may be.[/COLOR]

Los did work.

But I guess he'll get overlooked. Not sure why lol

Los spazzed like a bad back on that track :smokin .. I need him to be lyrically consistent like this all the time.

I don't care how many dudes hop on this track, irrelevant or not, come strong with your content and keep it consistent. If a rapper takes the approach of "look at me now, I can still spit hot bars and diss Kendrick at the same time" they lost. It's not about firing back with 1000 bars or 6 minutes of death, it's about perfecting your craft, not being lazy, and bringing your A game every time you step in the booth.

"No Days Off, Ferris Bueller *****"

It's a shame he doesn't have the name to carry it because he put up 50... His bars were much better than Ortiz.

But like Guru said regardless of who gets off Kendrick still win's because he Geppetto'd all of this ****. Really was a GREAT chess move.

You really just have to be consistently with your A game from here on.

Big K.R.I.T. works his *** off and hands down has one of the best mixtapes to drop this year that HE produced himself. K.R.I.T. is slept on because he's from the south, but he will lyrically rap circles around your favorite rappers. He's more well rounded than Kendrick, he brings more to the table from a musical standpoint if you ask me. He just hasn't found that commercial hit nor does he have the same support system that Kendrick has (Dr.Dre) .. Once he does, watch out. I wish someone like Bun B/Scarface/Dre3000 would take him under the wing, he has all the potential in the world to be the voice of the South for years to come :smokin

I agree with all you said about Krit but don't see what Bun, Face or 3K would do for him to get his music out.

3K had killa mike who was a beast and didn't even push him.

I have a real question for you guys.

Who in NY can hang with Kendrick?

The ***** got a Platinum Plaque, money, spits ******g burning gasoline, and awards.

WHO IN NY can **** with him right now? Even outside of the fact that he can spit with the best lyricists in NY in right now. I see a lot of people bringing up old rappers, trump cards that they know have history. But Kendrick ain't call them out.

Its like the old sports argument. Your current team is some ****, so you start bringing up old past teams that won Superbowls or NBA Championships.

We not talking about them though, we're talking about your team now.

Who can **** with him?

Lebron called out the Bulls, so you got Scottie Pippen responding to him? Why isn't Derrick Rose responding?

I don't want ot hear struggle bars from KRS ONE or Jim Jones. I don't want to hear Fat Joe or some other washed up ***** defend NY. I want to hear one of the ****** who got called out (ASAP ROCKY for example) defend his home turf.

I want ot hear Meek Mill defend himself. I want to hear someone who got blatantly called out come back and say "Aye, don't sleep on me." and drop some REAL MUSIC.

Everyone saying Kendrick ain't the King of LA, but the dude clearly has the credentials right now. There's nobody in NY with credentials. And when you do bring someone up, their first album was before 1997... Hence my sports analogy...

If theres a kingdom with no king at the moment, you damn right I'm going to walk in and take over the throne. And there ain't a damn thing anyone can do about it until the townspeople claim their kingdom back and overthrow me.

Why dudes not from New York keep responding worried about New York?

Who in DC can respond to him? You should be worried about Wale.

[COLOR=#red]The whole "response" thing is weak. Respond by stepping up the lyrical quality in your albums and mixtapes. Directly responding to him only makes he look better and that he really touched a nerve. I'm not even a Pusha T fan like that but he saying "I hear you loud and clear my *****" made a lot of sense. You get the feeling that he's going to respond by making quality music.[/COLOR]

No matter what others may say, folks still care about NYC music.

[COLOR=#red]It's the mecca my dude. No matter how rap evolves and how global it becomes the roots are still in NYC specifically the BX and Queensbridge. Sorta like with hoops...even when the Knicks sucked dudes get hyped and feel the need to show out when they play at the Garden.

I'm Brooklyn born and raised, Bed Stuy, Clinton Hill, Fort Greene...we some proud mofos even when we aint lived there in awhile.[/COLOR]

I wanna hear some **** from the following ppl:
Styles + jada
Budden
Nas
Royce
Action Bronson
Roc Marciano
Joey badass
Kinda wanna hear something from deck, Raekwon and ghost
Still feel like busta could do a lil something
Killa
Wish Kane or rakim would spit something just for this

:rofl:

[COLOR=#red]The whole "response" thing is weak. Respond by stepping up the lyrical quality in your albums and mixtapes. Directly responding to him only makes he look better and that he really touched a nerve. I'm not even a Pusha T fan like that but he saying "I hear you loud and clear my *****" made a lot of sense. You get the feeling that he's going to respond by making quality music.[/COLOR]

Spot the f___ on!!

i'm a Pusha fan, though. If this means fashion rap Pusha is done, i'm all for it. The return of We Got IV Cheap Terrence Thornton is much needed.

Like Bomani Jones says, the South won.....NY can't hang on with Jay and Nas forever, they're HOF already acclaimed as greats, as is BIG, most dope NY artists are either heavily influenced from the south or they are OLD. We know NY is the mecca, but since that golden era of the 80s-90s with artists who were transcendental, what has been hot recently?? You can't name one person who isn't influenced with a southern style or isn't old and already established. Honestly, and correct me if I'm wrong, Cole is the only new rapper who has spent significan ttime in NY who is doing it right now at a major level and even he's from the south :lol: ( Joey Bad, Bronson those types of cats aren't there yet)....Kendrick didnt say he's better than Jay or Nas they're idols and legends, he's saying the new cats. I think that NY bar is heavily misconstrued. And honestly, in the recent past GKMC >>>> what Nas and Jay have put out....in the RECENT past not their entire catalogues. No need to be defensive over it. It happens. When ever a new artist comes out and is 3 4 yrs in with DOPE stuff, people always come out claiming Jay and Nas, like we don't know their credentials :lol: :smh: what about the present or future bc both are past their primes. In 15 yrs when they are in their 50s yall still gonna be hearkening back to the early 90s? They can't hold up the city forever. And y'all saying folks still care about NY music....well DUH its the birthplace, its held to a higher standard than anywhere else...the mecca like someone said....with its illustrious history in this it will always be under the microscope for good reason.

Last edited:
It's crazy how some of you comprehend lyrics and make them in to have your own meaning.

Did you actually listen to the song?

He's not talking about one song....he's talking about period.

songs, albums, mixtapes, features
mean.gif

I need to read dudes statements, before I even respond to them
mean.gif

Nas and Royce don't have the skill?
1st off I heard the verse and listened to the song 3-4 times and even read the lyrics before I opened my mouth just to be certain my opinion was valid. I just don't see how this was any more severe than any other verse from Joell. Sorry. We agree to disagree.

2nd no I'm not saying Royce or Nas have no skill... now your reaching. I'm saying these Hip Hop greats CAN NOT  currently touch this kid. Point Blank. Period. Call me what you want. A stan...a ********r or whatever but its true and you know this if you know Hip-Hop. Don't let nostalgia blind you it's a new day. Track for track that last Nas or the last Royce can't touch GKMC. C'mon man...really? Who is touching this guy in rap right now???

New York will never be back on top. Your own radio stations don't even play your music
laugh.gif

DJs don't play your music in the club...

When NYers tour, they only do shows in the North East

Deal with it..
You do know that there is one playlist for urban radio nationwide right? Everyone plays the same track because they are owned by the same media conglomerate.

Got New York all in your mouth and you're from Arizona of all places. FOH. When Hot Rod album coming out?

The ***** got a Platinum Plaque, money, spits ******g burning gasoline, and awards.

WHO IN NY can **** with him right now? Even outside of the fact that he can spit with the best lyricists in NY in right now. I see a lot of people bringing up old rappers, trump cards that they know have history. But Kendrick ain't call them out.

Its like the old sports argument. Your current team is some ****, so you start bringing up old past teams that won Superbowls or NBA Championships.

Nothing else needs to be said after this.

You do know that there is one playlist for urban radio nationwide right? Everyone plays the same track because they are owned by the same media conglomerate.

Got New York all in your mouth and you're from Arizona of all places. FOH. When Hot Rod album coming out?

View media item 538733

Hot Rod getting that overseas money. I'm sure he's living lavish unlike Papoose and Vado with their prepaid phones.

You would've been better off mentioning Wily Northpole or Juice :tongue:

If he is, that goes to show how weak the west coast has been over the longer period of time, where an artist in what his junior year can come and claim King...in NY we have some of the most important figures of hiphop that been relevant for longer than some been born...Jay, Puff, Nas, etc.... Ain't no French Montana or any new rapper gonna come into the mix and be crowned king of NY by the people of this city when it comes to hiphop....the fact ya slurping this kid so bad really shows how desperate the west coast has been for someone to come and represent ya nationwide....enjoy it while it lasts.

IMO the only one that can claim that title as the king of the west when it comes to hiphop is Dre, just because Kendrick is nice lyrically doesn't mean he's king, a king needs to stand on his own two feet and command his troops, the only dude that has earned that respect nationwide in hiphop from the west is Dre.

He's in the same boat as Jay, Nas, & Em. Theres no need to fight for the crown when your already a respected figure that has put countless years in the game.

Kendrick is talking about today new wave of artist.

Who can **** with him?

Lebron called out the Bulls, so you got Scottie Pippen responding to him? Why isn't Derrick Rose responding?

I don't want ot hear struggle bars from KRS ONE or Jim Jones. I don't want to hear Fat Joe or some other washed up ***** defend NY. I want to hear one of the ****** who got called out (ASAP ROCKY for example) defend his home turf.

I want ot hear Meek Mill defend himself. I want to hear someone who got blatantly called out come back and say "Aye, don't sleep on me." and drop some REAL MUSIC.

Everyone saying Kendrick ain't the King of LA, but the dude clearly has the credentials right now. There's nobody in NY with credentials. And when you do bring someone up, their first album was before 1997... Hence my sports analogy...

If theres a kingdom with no king at the moment, you damn right I'm going to walk in and take over the throne. And there ain't a damn thing anyone can do about it until the townspeople claim their kingdom back and overthrow me.

Why dudes not from New York keep responding worried about New York?

Who in DC can respond to him? You should be worried about Wale.

:lol: You sound salty.

You from NY?

How about you answer my question instead of deflect it.

No matter what others may say, folks still care about NYC music.

[COLOR=#red]It's the mecca my dude. No matter how rap evolves and how global it becomes the roots are still in NYC specifically the BX and Queensbridge. Sorta like with hoops...even when the Knicks sucked dudes get hyped and feel the need to show out when they play at the Garden.

I'm Brooklyn born and raised, Bed Stuy, Clinton Hill, Fort Greene...we some proud mofos even when we aint lived there in awhile.[/COLOR]

I'm saying though. The only people who think that way are people from NY.

Leave out of NY, and NONE of us look at you like that. Ya'll hanging on to this old "mecca" mind state, while holding on to old rappers.

Last edited:
@Prime He has to be! When you see someone deflect the arguement to a rapper in your region a nerve has been touched.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Basically it boils down to this: Aside from the obvious well respected legends we all know full well name another youngish, hot right now artist doing it more than Kendrick. Toronto has more claim on that with Drake which you can argue but I think they're in different lanes however each does it well. I'll even let NY claim Cole since he's been there for like 6-7 yrs even then, its close and he's a transplant. :stoneface:

:lol: You sound salty.

You from NY?

How about you answer my question instead of deflect it.

Yeah I'm from New York

but again, why do you care about New York when you're from DC?

For a region irrelevant, why do you care about it?

New York's history in rap is set in stone, even if it doesn't do anything else.

Back
Top Bottom