big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

Nas can not touch Kendrick currently...no. I stand by that with all respect to NAS as a legend. I'm sorry..He can't touch Kendrick right now. Stop drinking the nostalgia.

For the last time, he didn't make a declaration for being the KONY. It was a metaphor for being a student of PAC and BIG.

I think the perfect summary of this whole **** was the person that posted the sports analogy...

People always falling back on some old **** when they feel "defeated" ....

My team could beat the dust off your team, and have been beating that *** head to head for a while, but it never fails.... "...we got more rings tho" ...

WUT? like, what in the **** does that have to do with ANYTHING we talking about RIGHT NOW?

:lol:, Still ducking and dodging.

Miss me with all that nonsense. I see a lot of Knicks fans in Miami heat and Lakers threads... If we want to talk about irrelevance.

I care about MUSIC. So I can only listen to Wale cause he's from DC? How do you even sound right now?

Thats you and damn near every NY cats thing. "Oh we set in stone, we started this ****, we the blah blah blah blah blah blah blah mecca"

I'm not even going to quote my sports reference again. Either you read it or you didn't. But you sound like someone who has no real answer to my question, and is holding on to your "glory days" to answer.

That **** doesn't matter, and neither does me being from DC.

Music is music. The fact of the matter is, once Kendrick dropped that bomb on hip hop, a lot of irrelevant ****** from NY came out of the woodwork.

But you STILL ain't answer my question though. :lol:
Another stupid response...

Did you listen to the song?

"New ******, just new ******. Don't get involved"

Like I said. If it weren't for Jay and Nas, ya'll wouldn't have anything to hold on to. Jay and Nas are both two of my favorite rappers, but Kendrick ain't direct ANY of that song towards them.

So why ya'll keep bringing them up?

Cause thats all ya'll ****** got.

Maybe you think you were saying more than you were.

Maybe you don't understand that the swag and confidence that comes from a New Yorker isn't because it's of rap, it's because you're from New York, the World's Capital.

People outside of New York seem to care about "New York" rap more than us. As if we sit around and cry about New York rap. And rappers all rap with the desire to be KONY.

Does it matter who else does jazz, what area is given credit.

Kendrick is hotter than any current new age New York rapper...what does that mean at the moment? Jay-Z is hotter than anybody period, not named Oprah and Obama, but wait, I can't include him. Were people giving credit to DMX and 50 as the KONY or rap? They were hotter than everyone.

Eli Manning is the best QB, besides Brady, Manning and Brees. Who even has that argument? So you want me to make sense out of an argument that doesn't make sense in the first place?

NY's whole structure right now in music is taken from Texas and Florida.

Please tell me how their swag comes from NY when NY rap doesn't even have an identity right now.

Its like I can't even have this discussion with you right now because you've gotten SO FAR off from my question, that I don't even care to discuss this with you right now. Your whole **** right now is just filled with excuses.

"We're the capital of the world" "We got Jay-Z" "But you're from DC though"

Your posts have no substance in relation to my initial question.

You're a fan of a current ****** team, and you're using old stats and **** that has nothing to do with our conversation as your response.

You're proof of my sports analogy.

But I "think I'm saying more than I am". You can't even answer a question straight.

Nas can not touch Kendrick currently...no. I stand by that with all respect to NAS as a legend. I'm sorry..He can't touch Kendrick right now. Stop drinking the nostalgia.

What do you mean by he currently can't touch him? I'm not coming at your head, just trying to see where you're going with that statement.

IMO, Life is Good >> GKMC

OGs like (Jay, Nas, Rakim, Etc..) in the game shouldnt respond

Gotta leave it up to the new generation of rap to respond now

What do you mean by he currently can't touch him? I'm not coming at your head, just trying to see where you're going with that statement.

IMO, Life is Good >> GKMC
No its all good. I'm not coming at you either..I just really believe that GKMC is better than LIG and Kendrick is currently outspitting NAS. I put them in the same class due to them being able to vivdly paint their enviroment and lifestyles. NAS in his prime would blow Kendrick away...but answer this...Is NAS currently in his prime?

Last edited:
laugh.gif

This thread turned into NY vs. The World
mean.gif
Par for the course on NT.

For the last time, he didn't make a declaration for being the KONY. It was a metaphor for being a student of PAC and BIG.
I mean, I thought this too and keep hearing people make this claim, but he said "I'm Makiavelli's offspring, I'm the King of New York. King of the Coast, one hand, I juggle them both.”  He knew what he was saying and how it'd be taken.  He's saying he's the nicest dude rapping anywhere period and it's so easy he's practically doing it with one hand.

A lot of dudes in here trying to act like Kendrick didn't know EXACTLY what he was saying and doing.
laugh.gif

He meant it to be the offensive that it was.

:lol:

This thread turned into NY vs. The World :smh:

It always does :lol:

Dudes want NYC to be irrelevant sooooo bad its hilarious.. You got ****** who literally got one 2nd tier artist holding down there state and they have the nerves to be throwing shots... ya'll ****** living off perrenial lottery bound teams to express hate for something you can't stop.

CAN WE GET BACK TO THE MUSIC

Lulz of the thread are officially dead.

This has become a battle of regions as opposed to musical debate.

Same repetitive nonsense being spewed about New York this and New York that. I got no hate for NY, but take that **** somewhere else. Go to a chat room or aim about it or some ****. Totally derailing the thread into something totally irrelevant. This thread is about the song and its impact, not which NT'er is from NY and why NY is the best region in the world.

Some of you Guys find a way to kill any good vibes we have on NT. like some people say sometimes, "this is why we can't have good things."

Keep that **** up and the thread will be locked, then all the fun ends for the rest of us. :smh:

And wait, from that list posted on the last page, someone is saying that only Joe Budden can make something on par of better than Kendrick Lamar? A list that ALSO includes Nas, GFK, Raekwon, Royce Da 5’9”, and Roc Marciano, and dude who released a top 3-4 album in 2012? LMAOOOOOOOO what planet is this?????

NY's whole structure right now in music is taken from Texas and Florida.

Please tell me how their swag comes from NY when NY rap doesn't even have an identity right now.

Its like I can't even have this discussion with you right now because you've gotten SO FAR off from my question, that I don't even care to discuss this with you right now. Your whole **** right now is just filled with excuses.

"We're the capital of the world" "We got Jay-Z" "But you're from DC though"

Your posts have no substance in relation to my initial question.

You're a fan of a current ****** team, and you're using old stats and **** that has nothing to do with our conversation as your response.

You're proof of my sports analogy.

But I "think I'm saying more than I am". You can't even answer a question straight.

I'm having a debate with someone who couldn't even comprehend Kendricks lyrics in the first place, and then acting like he's saying something deep using wack *** sports analogies :smh:

No wonder why you didn't respond to me asking you about Wale.

To use a stupid sports analogy for you

Jordan, Magic and Bird are who they are, regardless if they're retired or not

It amazes me how people can misinterpret things and carry on an argument/discussion when the point they are trying to make doesn't even matter.  I say that to the folks both here in the Music Forum and rappers that misinterpreted that KONY line.  It's like dudes don't have the basic fundamental skills to be able to understand things, or break things down.  It's quite sad.

Not sure what Lupe was thinking with that response, but then again Lupe hasn't been thinking too clearly these last few years anway so what else is new. 

It's sad, but this is why artist dumb down their lyrics.

That's why it's funny to see why dudes in this thread turned this in to some New York versus Kendrick thing.

Back
Top Bottom