big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

What do you mean by he currently can't touch him? I'm not coming at your head, just trying to see where you're going with that statement.

IMO, Life is Good >> GKMC
No its all good. I'm not coming at you either..I just really believe that GKMC is better than LIG and Kendrick is currently outspitting NAS. I put them in the same class due to them being able to vivdly paint their enviroment and lifestyles. NAS in his prime would blow Kendrick away...but answer this...Is NAS currently in his prime?

Nah, Nas isn't in his prime but him being an "old head" what he did on Life is Good blew my mind. For him to be able to dig in the crates and bring back that vintage Nas style and paint the pictures he did throughout that album left me in awe. That made me go back and dust off albums like It was Written, God Son, and Hip Hop is Dead. This is coming from a Jay-Z fan who despised Nas while they was beefing.

Not saying I don't appreciate GKMC even though I like Section 80 better, but it's exactly what I expected from Kendrick on a debut album. I'm more concerned about what he's going to do on his sophomore album.

And Kendrick is only outspitting Nas currently because Nas is on chill mode :lol:

"Worth 200 million now, bicentennial *****, flat screens and condominiums
Brazilian women on Xannies they pulling off panties
I'm pushing 40, she only 21
Don't applaud me, I'm exhausted G" :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
SMH so the past 10 pages are people trying to call NYC irrelevant with the same dumbass points.

This man is going to say that houston has a bigger impact on hip-hop than NYC :rofl: :rofl:
the supposed Mecca... So i guess very ARTIST, MEDIA CENTER, WRITER, & Prominent hiphop figures are lying

NYC have no relevant artist right now.... As long as you don't mention Two of the Best artist out right now.
None of the new cats are popping right now... Kendrick & his camp are tied in with rocky and his camp.

Her's the thing it's not like NYC is claiming Rakim and KRS we are claiming Jay & Nas because there STILL putting out good music.. because there still bodying artist out today... and ***** ain't you from philly your biggest artist made a blog reaction, dropped a hype williams video and acted as if his name wasn't called. YOUR IN THE WORST position to comment on NYC fam.

And are we back on this Houston/A$AP thing again G. Purple swag was two ****** years ago... ****** Problems, Wild For the Night, suddenly, 1train, Goldie..... NOTHING on his album sounds like houston.

the same ****** who claim rocky & french bit the south... are the same ones to say the south is running the game when some of the Biggest artist (Wayne, T.I, Cole) HAVE RIPPED their entire life from NYC. **** cole has a song dedicated to Nas, & one dedicated to NYC on the same album :rofl:

the hottest ***** from houston right now is Kirko bangz and you wanna poke your chest out at NYC... ***** go drown in some lean.

This is my whole gripe with you NY cats right now. Its like you listened to the song, but completely disregarded the end of it.

You guys are so stuck far up your owned ***** that you don't see how none of this is about you in the first place, but since you made it about yourselves (as usual), I asked a question in response hoping for a real answer but never got one.

I've stated PAGES back yesterday in response to someone about the whole KONY line and how it was in relation to 2Pac and Biggie. I understood the damn line form the first listen of the verse.

I get in the car and go about my day after I log off, hear the song on the radio, and DMV cats talking about some "IS KENDRICK SAYING HE'S THE KING OF NY? HOW IS HIP HOP GOING TO RESPOND TO THIS? Blah blah blah blah blah" I hop online last night, and theres more of the same BS. Hell, I even had to break the damn line down to my boys cause they got caught up in the same hype.

But this **** ain't even about NY. Kendrick spit one little piece of a line mentioning ya'll and ya'll ran with it. That whole line was irrelevant to his verse in a bigger sense because Kenderick's main point in the whole verse was "All you new ****** I'm coming up with, we homies but don't get it twisted. I'm out here aiming to be number one. I want to take all of your fans even down to the core ride or die fans, and leave you without a job. I love ya'll, but once I get on this mic is war". Thene he proceeed to go into a slim shady reminiscent verse of punchlines and metaphors to finish the job off to show you how lyrical he can be.

This **** ain't have a damn thing to do with New York. This was Kendrick flexing his lyrical ability to let ****** know what time it is.

I've posted MULTIPLE times in this thread saying, I don't want to hear **** from a NY rapper, unless he was called out. I honestly, don't care about NY.

But as usual, New Yorkers will make everything about them.

So once I saw this huge uproar from not only NY NTers, but NYers online in general and on the radio, I thought I would ask the question "If Kendrick ain't as hot as ya'll claim to be the King of LA let alone NY, who in NY can spit with him?"

And then all hell breaks loose because this fool I've been going back and forth with can't even answer my simple question.

NY's whole structure right now in music is taken from Texas and Florida.

Please tell me how their swag comes from NY when NY rap doesn't even have an identity right now.

Its like I can't even have this discussion with you right now because you've gotten SO FAR off from my question, that I don't even care to discuss this with you right now. Your whole **** right now is just filled with excuses.

"We're the capital of the world" "We got Jay-Z" "But you're from DC though"

Your posts have no substance in relation to my initial question.

You're a fan of a current ****** team, and you're using old stats and **** that has nothing to do with our conversation as your response.

You're proof of my sports analogy.

But I "think I'm saying more than I am". You can't even answer a question straight.

I'm having a debate with someone who couldn't even comprehend Kendricks lyrics in the first place, and then acting like he's saying something deep using wack *** sports analogies :smh:

No wonder why you didn't respond to me asking you about Wale.

To use a stupid sports analogy for you

Jordan, Magic and Bird are who they are, regardless if they're retired or not

It amazes me how people can misinterpret things and carry on an argument/discussion when the point they are trying to make doesn't even matter.  I say that to the folks both here in the Music Forum and rappers that misinterpreted that KONY line.  It's like dudes don't have the basic fundamental skills to be able to understand things, or break things down.  It's quite sad.

Not sure what Lupe was thinking with that response, but then again Lupe hasn't been thinking too clearly these last few years anway so what else is new. 

It's sad, but this is why artist dumb down their lyrics.

That's why it's funny to see why dudes in this thread turned this in to some New York versus Kendrick thing.

:lol: Bruh wut.

I still don't get the shot at New York

It was standard braggadocio rap saying he was the best from coast to coast

It was like Wayne was saying he was the best rapper alive

You're putting too much energy into this.

He spit a rhyme claiming to be the new 2pac.

****** in NY are too basic, they don't understand where the line came from. They're all getting rustled and taking **** to heart because they don't know any better, and can't do anything about it.

New rappers don't know their history, and these older rappers who are getting bent out of shape don't know a damn thing to begin with.

Simple as that brah.

Kendrick spit a double liner. His objective was to rustle jimmies, and thats what he did.

We BOTH know I been understood that line dawg. That was like... Yesterday...

This is why I'm not going through this with you anymore. You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

If you would have just answered my harmless question, it would have been done. But you started some dumb ****. If you ain't have a legit answer, you should have just kept it moving.

Last edited:
Okay rappers Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz stop rapping over this one beat....

and Cas kinda came off on here too but these bars gotta be used on better songs

Nas is NOT touching Kendrick :lol: not in 2013, and Jay Z fell off after The Black Album.

But he wasn't even aiming at them, or even NY :lol:

so all you needa do to become king of LA is drop a decent album then throw a verse out there name droppin? he aint done s*** to earn that title, specially with all them OG's out there.

no doubt, he next up but thats a different discussion...

kendrick sound like a squirrel rappin. yaw needa stop...

This is my whole gripe with you NY cats right now. Its like you listened to the song, but completely disregarded the end of it.

You guys are so stuck far up your owned ***** that you don't see how none of this is about you in the first place, but since you made it about yourselves (as usual), I asked a question in response hoping for a real answer but never got one.

I've stated PAGES back yesterday in response to someone about the whole KONY line and how it was in relation to 2Pac and Biggie. I understood the damn line form the first listen of the verse.

I get in the car and go about my day after I log off, hear the song on the radio, and DMV cats talking about some "IS KENDRICK SAYING HE'S THE KING OF NY? HOW IS HIP HOP GOING TO RESPOND TO THIS? Blah blah blah blah blah" I hop online last night, and theres more of the same BS. Hell, I even had to break the damn line down to my boys cause they got caught up in the same hype.

But this **** ain't even about NY. Kendrick spit one little piece of a line mentioning ya'll and ya'll ran with it. That whole line was irrelevant to his verse in a bigger sense because Kenderick's main point in the whole verse was "All you new ****** I'm coming up with, we homies but don't get it twisted. I'm out here aiming to be number one. I want to take all of your fans even down to the core ride or die fans, and leave you without a job. I love ya'll, but once I get on this mic is war". Thene he proceeed to go into a slim shady reminiscent verse of punchlines and metaphors to finish the job off to show you how lyrical he can be.

This **** ain't have a damn thing to do with New York. This was Kendrick flexing his lyrical ability to let ****** know what time it is.

I've posted MULTIPLE times in this thread saying, I don't want to hear **** from a NY rapper, unless he was called out. I honestly, don't care about NY.

So once I saw this huge uproar from not only NY NTers, but NYers online in general and on the radio, I thought I would ask the question "If Kendrick ain't as hot as ya'll claim to be the King of LA let alone NY, who in NY can spit with him?"

And then all hell breaks loose because this fool I've been going back and forth with can't even answer my simple question.

If you don't care about New York, why do you keep typing long *** post about New York?

Do you have amnesia or bad short term memory?

Because in the middle of writing your long *** dissertations you seem to forget what you say and contradict yourself.

If you don't care about New York, why do you keep typing long *** post about New York?

Because in the middle of writing your long *** dissertations you seem to forget what you say and contradict yourself.

SMH so the past 10 pages are people trying to call NYC irrelevant with the same dumbass points.

This man is going to say that houston has a bigger impact on hip-hop than NYC :rofl: :rofl:
the supposed Mecca... So i guess very ARTIST, MEDIA CENTER, WRITER, & Prominent hiphop figures are lying

the hottest ***** from houston right now is Kirko bangz and you wanna poke your chest out at NYC... ***** go drown in some lean.

You could've ripped tyisny's stereotypical response right out of the Knicks thread :lol: :lol:

Last edited:
so all you needa do to become king of LA is drop a decent album then throw a verse out there name droppin? he aint done s*** to earn that title, specially with all them OG's out there.

no doubt, he next up but thats a different discussion...

kendrick sound like a squirrel rappin. yaw needa stop...
Oh really....What is this?

mean.gif

Last edited:
If he is, that goes to show how weak the west coast has been over the longer period of time, where an artist in what his junior year can come and claim King...in NY we have some of the most important figures of hiphop that been relevant for longer than some been born...Jay, Puff, Nas, etc.... Ain't no French Montana or any new rapper gonna come into the mix and be crowned king of NY by the people of this city when it comes to hiphop....the fact ya slurping this kid so bad really shows how desperate the west coast has been for someone to come and represent ya nationwide....enjoy it while it lasts.

how many albums BIG have when he claimed King?

tumblr_lu5fi4AaTs1qzbikq.gif

Please, show me where I contradicted myself.

I mean, I thought this too and keep hearing people make this claim, but he said "I'm Makiavelli's offspring, I'm the King of New York. King of the Coast, one hand, I juggle them both.”  He knew what he was saying and how it'd be taken.  He's saying he's the nicest dude rapping anywhere period and it's so easy he's practically doing it with one hand.

A lot of dudes in here trying to act like Kendrick didn't know EXACTLY what he was saying and doing. :lol:

He meant it to be the offensive that it was.

Man come on. Where was the uproar when Wayne proclaimed he was the best rapper alive? If anyone is seriously taking offense to a rapper saying he's the best coast to coast, you need to reevaluate some things.

Fam your going back and forth for pages trying to throw shots at NYC but now you don't care. I stated several pages ago that out of the new rappers Kendrick is better than anyone in NYC. i'm cool with that.

The fact of the matter is cats are in here talking bout NYC this, that.... *** if Kendrick didn't just slap everyones cap off their head. ALL of hiphop is supposed to be on edge but suddenly the conversation went from people should step their bars up to sideline ****** screaming "you gonna let himsay that bout NYC".

Cats clearly feel some type of way and by asking that question the ENTIRE thread was sidetracked discussing irrelevant ****... I mean there were mentions of paul wall and slim Thug :smh:

Not at all. I think we want NY to acknowledge it isn't what it should be so we can move forward. ASAP & FRENCH are not NY. Is NY proud of these guys? I don't know if your from there but if you are...Is NY proud of these 2?

I'm proud of asap but he make music for us fashionable people, So of course most of ya wouldn't understand

This was lame. What torch? what does that even mean? a bunch of washed up rappers acting relevant..

:smh:

How was this lame?

Snoop is respected by LA so much it's crazy.

That's why when he passed the torch (and are you 6? you know wtf the torch is) Kendrick cried.

All the OGs in Cali respect his grind and obviously all the fans do so they passed the torch...

they feel like he IS King of LA.

y'all dudes simple minded as ****

Back
Top Bottom