big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

Appreciate what the verse did for hip hopand I say this as someone that has known and listened to K dot since training day before 95% of yall even heard of him. This verse is possibly the most overhyped verse in the history of hip hop and in just reflects how sad of a state the game is. I guess because I came yo when biggie, Pac, LL,snoop, Easy E, Big L, and Westside connection and every east coast crew Damn near had beef im not seeing what all the fuss is about but I'm happy that you late teen and early 20's cats get to see some lyrical sparing in your lifetime. I just hope somebody gets Ja Ruled so things will be very entertaining.

Appreciate what the verse did for hip hopand I say this as someone that has known and listened to K dot since training day before 95% of yall even heard of him. This verse is possibly the most overhyped verse in the history of hip hop and in just reflects how sad of a state the game is. I guess because I came yo when biggie, Pac, LL,snoop, Easy E, Big L, and Westside connection and every east coast crew Damn near had beef im not seeing what all the fuss is about but I'm happy that you late teen and early 20's cats get to see some lyrical sparing in your lifetime. I just hope somebody gets Ja Ruled so things will be very entertaining.

laugh.gif

what's the image? Meek came in the game scruffy ***** with no bread.... Kendrick just started wearing all that high fashion ****.... Cole wears normal everyday ****... French dresses like a regular hood *****... Action Bronson weard ****** sweats and cargos...

To make it to the mainstream you either have to be 1) extremely trendy & likable or 2) extremely talented and rare at what you do...... Pap has neither one.

DMX would KILL in this new ERA actually because he's the exact opposite of a drake and has a personality, skill, and presence he's naturally a Star.
Wut

U sound foolish and bitter too :lol:

KRIT, J Cole, Curren$y, Tito Lopez, Kevin Gates are only some of the great and relatively new talent from the south. All w/ different styles.

Not to mention u jumped a whole generation of great rap artist like Tip (the creator of "trap" music), Wayne (u can lie to yourself wayne is one of the best to ever do it), and Ludacris.

Ontop of that u still have a ton of guys that may not be lyricist but still make great songs and music. There's such a wide range of diversity in southern music which is why we never fall off :lol:

"I ain't from Houston but I rap alot" - :smokin the south been running rap you and the sucka MCs u download just won't admit it :lol:

First of all, I forgot more about rap than you will ever know. Foolish :lol:

And when lyrical rappers are mentioned who gets mentioned...exactly...you can go through this thread. My point.

And I wouldn't consider Currensy lyrical, and J Cole? You dudes need to make up your mind. So you're claiming him?

But when you rap like French or Frenchie, you're rapping like a down south dude? So when you rap lyrical like Jay Elec, are you trying to be a New York rapper?

It's also funny how dudes keep comparing 13 states to one city. I can't be the only one who notices the hypocrisy.

Running rap? But everyone complains about it and talks about New York so much, because they long for what it was :lol: Ok, running rap. :lol: Did you miss the point of the Kendrick verse? Was it to sound like Lil Boosie?

I shouldn't even respond to you after you said Wayne is one of the best to ever do it :rofl:

Last edited:
This dude sounds like a little nerd when he raps. The toughness sounds mad forced. Song wasn't that hot. New Luke Bryan album is fire though

Who?

Interscope Records preventing Fabolous from dropping his Control Freestyle

Ice‏@OfficiallyIce
When u got [Redacted] callin Fab tellin him to not drop his record, there's a bigger issue here. But whatever.

What I have said before, labels and them people have ruined hip hop

- Kid Cudi
Cudi gets it, Tyga gets it. Good to hear they're motivated like Kendrick wanted.

Meanwhile others are getting hung up over something trivial like the KONY line. That's why you're behind...
those 2 artist aren't from NY, KONY means something around this town, it caused a fire storm because NO ONE outta

town did that before, imagine jay-z saying he's da king of LA.

Cassidy  said he tired of all the rapping about dope, the cars and all of that, but he still on the same ****. It's been 10 years almost, and this in**a still is on that I'm a hustla BS
da problem is you think cuz he got da same flow he's not spitting completely different ****..c'mon b

timeless flows feel timeless.

AZ :pimp: :pimp:

NC is pretty much east coast rap...

When did this happen? I always thought that NC was the south. Peddy Pablo anyone?

View media item 538951
so da south claiming pusha T too? >D

Ehhh, if VA isn't the South, than neither is Kentucky, Tennessee, and the Carolinas.

Also, I know the topic of "relevance/irrelevance" kept popping up throughout, which brings me to ask, do people just like casually hearing what's popular on a daily basis, or do people actually enjoy rap/hip hop regardless of who it is? Cause if I had to listen to only people considered relevant by the masses, I'd be buried under YM and Taylor Swift albums. Seems like people would rather be told what to listen to instead of genuinely listening to what they like, whether it's one of their long time favorite vets, or a new artist on the raise. If somebody is putting out quality stuff, it should matter whether they are on the radio or not. I wouldn't like the Billboard 200 turn me away from getting Prodigy/Alchemist's Albert Einstein album, or Planet Asia's Black Belt Theatre. If something is of good quality, regardless of the artist, it shouldn't matter if Flex is dropping bombs over it or not.

Also, I know the topic of "relevance/irrelevance" kept popping up throughout, which brings me to ask, do people just like casually hearing what's popular on a daily basis, or do people actually enjoy rap/hip hop regardless of who it is? Cause if I had to listen to only people considered relevant by the masses, I'd be buried under YM and Taylor Swift albums. Seems like people would rather be told what to listen to instead of genuinely listening to what they like, whether it's one of their long time favorite vets, or a new artist on the raise. If somebody is putting out quality stuff, it should matter whether they are on the radio or not. I wouldn't like the Billboard 200 turn me away from getting Prodigy/Alchemist's Albert Einstein album, or Planet Asia's Black Belt Theatre. If something is of good quality, regardless of the artist, it shouldn't matter if Flex is dropping bombs over it or not.

Why does this matter? People listen to what they want. A lot of people are bringing up relevancy because washed-up 00's rappers are using this as a chance to get some shine for a bit, when they should focus more on trying to revive their careers or lack thereof

Why does this matter? People listen to what they want. A lot of people are bringing up relevancy because washed-up 00's rappers are using this as a chance to get some shine for a bit, when they should focus more on trying to revive their careers or lack thereof

Actually what he's saying is you should focus more on the music than who hot an artist is.

That's the problem with rap music today.

Of course the West Coast dudes and K.Dot penis slobbers would say that. Interscope stepping in this is wack.

Interscope stepping in this because they know it isn't gonna end well with all these disses coming at Kendrick, it's gonna be hard for him to keep up with them. chances are he isn't gonna even respond.

Actually what he's saying is you should focus more on the music than who hot an artist is.

That's the problem with rap music today.

and I'm saying it really doesn't matter, let people like what they like. I'm not really seeing any problems with the rap music, it's alive and bustling to me. If you don't like mainstream rap music then great, good for you. If you like mainstream rap music then great, good for you

^yea newmoanyuh, you basically missed the entire point of that post. Straight Sanchezed that. Seems like you thought I was taking a shot at KL, which I wasn't, as he's one of my favorite top 2 artists right now.

Last edited:
and I'm saying it really doesn't matter, let people like what they like. I'm not really seeing any problems with the rap music, it's alive and bustling to me. If you don't like mainstream rap music then great, good for you. If you like mainstream rap music then great, good for you

What are you talking about? He was the one speaking, not you.:smh:

^yea newmoanyuh, you basically missed the entire point of that post. Straight Sanchezed that. Seems like you thought I was taking a shot at KL, which I wasn't, as he's one of my favorite top 2 artists right now.

Dudes man crush has him not thinking straight

Actually it does matter, Too Many sheep = "Artist" focusing less on music and more on popularity. 

Which diminishes the quality of music put out by major music outlets. 

What are you talking about? He was the one speaking, not you.:smh:

Dudes man crush has him not thinking straight

her

Back
Top Bottom