big sean featuring kendrick lamar and jay electronica "no i.d" freestyle

Certainly you must be if you can't attest to the impact of an event that occurred before your birth.

Yes, lets compare the holocaust to a rap verse :lol: Teachers will be forever educating students about the Kendrick verse and the Holocaust. He verbally killed millions :lol:

Last edited:
I'd like to see this youngin try to school gramps on what the general social climate of the civil rights era was like. You know, 'cause your HS sophomore US history curriculum is just as good as actually experiencing it...

95 isn't like biblical times, we had radio lol News traveled very fast

My guess is more teenagers have heard Kendrick's verse. You're using YouTube views to argue impact when it wasn't even around for almost 15 years after Ironman dropped. I ain't no joke hasn't hit 3 million views yet I guess Kendrick's one verse on Control has had as big an impact on hip hop then.
My point is damn near EVERYONE who listens to hip-hop has heard Kendrick's verse. Not many people have heard Cappadonna's. Again, which had the bigger impact, the local broadcast or the global one?

My guess is more teenagers have heard Kendrick's verse. You're using YouTube views to argue impact when it wasn't even around for almost 15 years after Ironman dropped. I ain't no joke hasn't hit 3 million views yet I guess Kendrick's one verse on Control has had as big an impact on hip hop then.
My point is damn near EVERYONE who listens to hip-hop has heard Kendrick's verse. Not many people have heard Cappadonna's. Again, which had the bigger impact, the local broadcast or the global one?

Damn near everyone that listened to hip-hop heard Cap's verse when it came out. **** was even on the Don't Be a Menace soundtrack and played during the closing credits :lol: You've heard of Don't Be a Menace right? :lol:

Last edited:
I'd like to see this youngin try to school gramps on what the general social climate of the civil rights era was like. You know, 'cause your HS sophomore US history curriculum is just as good as actually experiencing it...

95 isn't like biblical times, we had radio lol News traveled very fast
The difference is, I've studied hip-hop damn near my whole life. I haven't studied much of the civil rights era. Your argument is about as invalid as it gets.

Damn near everyone that listened to hip-hop heard Cap's verse when it came out. **** was even on the Don't Be a Menace soundtrack and played during the closing credits
laugh.gif
So you're telling me more people have heard Cap's verse?

Youre sinking further and further with each post fam just cut your losses and quit before you enter the land of no return.

Its not a good look if you need the holocaust for comparison in a hip hop discussion to make a point.

Here's an idea. Rather than wasting our time tryna convince each other who's opinion is more valid, when in fact NOTHING that any one of us says will change the opposition's opinion, how about we move on? It's rather pointless arguing over something that will not change the opinion of the person you're arguing with. Don't you agree?

I mean I wasn't trying to convince you on anything, I was trying to tell you the impact these songs had on our generation without the backing of social media. Instead of being hard-headed, someone that loves hip hop as much as you supposedly do should've appreciated the insight the older heads tried to give you instead of debating it using things like YouTube views. The argument has become redundant as **** though I agree.

Don't even bother with that nerd man...

He's the type of kid who thinks he's an encyclopedia of rap knowledge because he found a Rakim CD at the Goodwill.
Or maybe 'cause I've listened to the genre my whole life...? You and your ****** music, please ****. I already ran you out of that last thread fella.

I mean I wasn't trying to convince you on anything, I was trying to tell you the impact these songs had on our generation without the backing of social media. Instead of being hard-headed, someone that loves hip hop as much as you supposedly do should've appreciated the insight the older heads tried to give you instead of debating it using things like YouTube views. The argument has become redundant as **** though I agree.
Well said. Stating that the verse WILL have the biggest impact is more of an assumption than an actual fact. While I still believe this to be true in the near future, maybe it was wrong of me to compare it to verses that have already made their mark.

^^
Repped give the kid some credit for knowing when to take a step back or give a little instead of being plain stubborn, we need more of that around here.

:lol: Plan, you just get it.
The only thing dude gets is bad reviews on his music. We won't go there though.

That's why BBC radio, one of the biggest online streaming syndications, has played his music, because it's bad. Ok :lol: Coming from someone that's gone to school for sound engineering and electronic production, Plan is talented as ****, whether you like his music or not. And I personally love his ****.

Last edited:
^^
Repped give the kid some credit for knowing when to take a step back or give a little instead of being plain stubborn, we need more of that around here.
I constantly find myself partaking in pointless debates. If the opposition cannot be convinced that what you are saying is correct, or that what they are saying is incorrect, the argument is a complete waste of time. That's the way I see it. Although it is hard to refrain from stating your opinion regarding a matter that you strongly disagree with, maybe it's best to avoid doing so to avoid senseless babbling.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom