biggest nba trade ever: vc, arenas, hedo, jrich, lewis, pietrus, gortrat to suns/wiz/magic

Orlando still doesn't fix their problems of perimeter defense, and they lose a big man to help out Dwight.

Otis Smith didn't want to overpay for Turk with his new deal, yet 2 years later once he's clearly not the same player, you're trading back for him? He's not the same player, I'd be shocked if he returned to his Orlando form... and even then, he got away and lucky with so many big shots/moves, fans only remember the good with him.

Shard for Gil is a good move to me, but now what do you do with Jameer? Play them together? Bring Jameer as a 6th man/backup?

If they trade someone for a backup big, Jameer/Duhon/Q-Rich, then I like it better. But it seems like Otis was realizing his roster won't win and definitely made some panic moves to win right now, with some long term ramifications if it doesn't workout.

Orlando still doesn't fix their problems of perimeter defense, and they lose a big man to help out Dwight.

Otis Smith didn't want to overpay for Turk with his new deal, yet 2 years later once he's clearly not the same player, you're trading back for him? He's not the same player, I'd be shocked if he returned to his Orlando form... and even then, he got away and lucky with so many big shots/moves, fans only remember the good with him.

Shard for Gil is a good move to me, but now what do you do with Jameer? Play them together? Bring Jameer as a 6th man/backup?

If they trade someone for a backup big, Jameer/Duhon/Q-Rich, then I like it better. But it seems like Otis was realizing his roster won't win and definitely made some panic moves to win right now, with some long term ramifications if it doesn't workout.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

not bad for orlando
Really tho 66.5M to Rashard over 3 years or 124M to Turk & Gil over 4 years? Looks like they just upped the ante on a risky deal...
Dwight is still pretty young but the door is closing on that team to win a championship. They needed to shake things up quick.
You right, if the change of scenery brings back the old Gil and Turk goes back to what he was in 08...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by 0cks

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

not bad for orlando
Really tho 66.5M to Rashard over 3 years or 124M to Turk & Gil over 4 years? Looks like they just upped the ante on a risky deal...
Dwight is still pretty young but the door is closing on that team to win a championship. They needed to shake things up quick.
You right, if the change of scenery brings back the old Gil and Turk goes back to what he was in 08...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by al3x89

it's a done deal.

i think the trade is good for PHX

pietrus > hedo
vince = jrich
gortat > clark
i think hedo is better, but his contract in camparison to his production the last year and a half
eyes.gif
. hopefully he's happy in orlando and will produce again, and not just chill cuz he got a fat contract
grin.gif

and gortat is gonna be good with some playing time

it's a done deal.

pietrus > hedo
vince = jrich
gortat > clark
i think hedo is better, but his contract in camparison to his production the last year and a half
eyes.gif
. hopefully he's happy in orlando and will produce again, and not just chill cuz he got a fat contract
grin.gif

They should just pass on Arenas. If they get back to that great ball movement team they were with Hedo, they are gonna be tough. But Shard for Arenas doesn't really suit them better in that regard.

it's a done deal.

pietrus > hedo
vince = jrich
gortat > clark

I agree with this. J. Rich may be a little bit better though. Vince legs are done

They should just pass on Arenas. If they get back to that great ball movement team they were with Hedo, they are gonna be tough. But Shard for Arenas doesn't really suit them better in that regard.

it's a done deal.

pietrus > hedo
vince = jrich
gortat > clark

I agree with this. J. Rich may be a little bit better though. Vince legs are done

This is a very sexy trade for the Magic bringing in 3 guys that were all-star caliber players at some points in their careers however it reeks of desperation and doesnt really make them better than the Celtics. Maybe it'll help them win their division - it looks like they're deeper than the Heat - but they aint winning @!#* with this team.

Hedo loves the ball in his hands but I dont think he'll be anywhere near as effective as he was 2 years ago since Arenas loves to dominate the ball as well.

One thing is for sure though, the Magic are going to be a really exciting team to watch
pimp.gif

The Wizard take back another horrible contract but atleast its for a shorter term and having Rashard addresses a position they arent very strong in.

It's good that the Suns were able to clear cap room but it seems like that team isnt far from fading into complete obscurity. I hope they can trade Nash to a better situation but when you look around the league, there arent any contenders out there that need him or can afford him.

This is a very sexy trade for the Magic bringing in 3 guys that were all-star caliber players at some points in their careers however it reeks of desperation and doesnt really make them better than the Celtics. Maybe it'll help them win their division - it looks like they're deeper than the Heat - but they aint winning @!#* with this team.

Hedo loves the ball in his hands but I dont think he'll be anywhere near as effective as he was 2 years ago since Arenas loves to dominate the ball as well.

One thing is for sure though, the Magic are going to be a really exciting team to watch
pimp.gif

The Wizard take back another horrible contract but atleast its for a shorter term and having Rashard addresses a position they arent very strong in.

It's good that the Suns were able to clear cap room but it seems like that team isnt far from fading into complete obscurity. I hope they can trade Nash to a better situation but when you look around the league, there arent any contenders out there that need him or can afford him.

Damn, Orlando should improve big time....too bad they let go of Pietrus though.
ohwell.gif
...and I don't see them surpassing Miami in the east.

And I'm happy Washington got rid of Arenas...Lewis should fit in pretty well on the roster.

Damn, Orlando should improve big time....too bad they let go of Pietrus though.
ohwell.gif
...and I don't see them surpassing Miami in the east.

And I'm happy Washington got rid of Arenas...Lewis should fit in pretty well on the roster.

laugh.gif

The Magic are panicking at pulling off 2 !#%+ trades. How pathetic. Getting rid off old $%% VC for Arenas' awful contract. Then trading for a guy that you let walk in FA. The only good part of this trade is that they got J-Rich. Besides that Otis should be embarrassed.

Love it
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

The Magic are panicking at pulling off 2 !#%+ trades. How pathetic. Getting rid off old $%% VC for Arenas' awful contract. Then trading for a guy that you let walk in FA. The only good part of this trade is that they got J-Rich. Besides that Otis should be embarrassed.

Love it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

it's a done deal.

pietrus > hedo
vince = jrich
gortat > clark
eyes.gif
grin.gif

it can be up for debate but hedo's contract is horrible. 
i've only watched a couple of magic games this season and they're always running plays for howard in the post. they hardly ever run plays for their wing players, or any other players for that matter. now i may be wrong, but this is what i saw on those games that i watched.

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

it's a done deal.

pietrus > hedo
vince = jrich
gortat > clark
eyes.gif
grin.gif

it can be up for debate but hedo's contract is horrible. 
i've only watched a couple of magic games this season and they're always running plays for howard in the post. they hardly ever run plays for their wing players, or any other players for that matter. now i may be wrong, but this is what i saw on those games that i watched.

I hope Turk learned his lesson about consulting a woman when it comes to career altering decisions.

Back
Top Bottom