Bill Maher calls himself a House N during an interview.....

Nah, cuz Pac was always an actor.

If you fell 100% for it, I can see ppl being mad.

I'm still not seeing how Cube has changed though.

That's more so about ppl's personal stigmas and stereotypes they hold about doing certain professions or specific types of entertainment.

He has?

All of those are easy targets and not issues that would damage or risk Hollywood star power.

Listening to Amerikkka's Most Wanted and Death Certificate, would you imagine this would be the Ice Cube that we would have now?

Ice Cube used to be along with Chuck D and KRS. You notice the difference? The one with the biggest and most powerful voice is the one who says the least.

Imagine if Tupac in 1996 became the Ice Cube we have today. You wouldn't be disappointed?

no because the other end of the spectrum is how pac ended up

if he didnt get involved w suge and co's nonsense he would have been brought to his demise the same way by a different shooter w a different motive

Last edited:

That's more so about ppl's personal stigmas and stereotypes they hold about doing certain professions or specific types of entertainment.

now Ice Cube 25 years later does corny family comedies

no because the other end of the spectrum is how pac ended up

if he didnt get involved w suge and co's nonsense he would have been brought to his demise the same way by a different shooter w a different motive

I'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about activism and speaking out on black issues.

What if Spike Lee after Do The Right Thing started doing Tyler Perry type comedies, because that's what's more profitable.

I'm confused, should Cube keep getting type casted as a hood dude into his 50s?

Or keep making music about killing cops and carrying AKs while making millions of dollars :lol: dude would be just like all these other fake cornballs out here.

He's been speaking against racism since the 80s but he hasn't been poppin besides in movies so it gets cast to the side for bigger names. I don't get what his family comedies have to do with it.

I'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about activism and speaking out on black issues.

What if Spike Lee after Do The Right Thing started doing Tyler Perry type comedies, because that's what's more profitable.

no thats what im saying lol

if pac was on his revolutionary **** instead of the thug **** it would have been a white dude to take him out

he wasnt making it past 2000 without calming down both the street **** and the revolutionary **** lol

but i see what youre saying. Cube has made corny movies but i never saw him as a sellout. admittedly I also wasnt alive in 88, 92, 93 or whenever he was rolling w Chuck D to see the difference.

Last edited:

Or keep making music about killing cops and carrying AKs while making millions of dollars :lol: dude would be just like all these other fake cornballs out here.

He's been speaking against racism since the 80s but he hasn't been poppin besides in movies so it gets cast to the side for bigger names. I don't get what his family comedies have to do with it.

He has?

We know where he stands when the check is offered

And you don't see what his family comedies have to do with it? Because he's the one bringing many of these movies to the studios. Where's the balance?

I guess Barbershop 2 was an attempt, but that seemed like a money grab attempt to profit off Chicago. I'd rather have had him speak out about what's going on.

What does that commercial or his movies have to do with him speaking out? I swear Detroit Red couldn't have turned into Malcom X in this era.

Yup i miss the old cube that I used to have dreams about that would murder my whole family. :lol:

Like I said everybody evolves, but it's been different phases with cube just like any normal person. He was outspoken and militant when he got around the Bomb Squad and them, he went through a thug phase when he got with WC and Mack 10, and he's the guy he is now. He kinda set himself coming out the gate so political and militant, some ppl wanted him to be that guy forever, but ppl change. It's maturity to some and selling out to others. It's a difference btwn being outspoken on issues and answering questions when they are brought up. Like I said initially I don't want to detail the thread, I just wondered what version we would get up there in 2017. I know he's in current business with HBO kinda expected him to tap dance...I don't see buddy as a sell out and whatnot.

And it's funny I'm trying to find this thread on here from a few years ago celebs being ******** or whatever and an nter talking about interviewing Cube during the west side connection promo run and cube being in full character thug mode refusing to answer serious questions.

Take from this what you want

He's always had political raps though. He always had gangster rap in his music too. You would think Cube was in Driving Ms Daisey or something for people to question whether he'll tap dance. :lol:

What does that commercial or his movies have to do with him speaking out? I swear Detroit Red couldn't have turned into Malcom X in this era.
He's always had political raps though. He always had gangster rap in his music too. You would think Cube was in Driving Ms Daisey or something for people to question whether he'll tap dance. :lol:

Real ****. MLK wouldn't have even made it in this era with all his side chicks. People would've discounted his message over petty **** and his money.

Reminds me of a Rickey Smiley rant he went on about the road to success, and how you'll have to leave some people behind and disregard opinions. They don't want to see you change for the better.

But the question is still when have we ever heard this Hollywood Cube? Or Cube tap dance?

I don't get when you say he "went from this to that" Cube never went away from being who he is. He just went away from music to movies. Cube has spoke on Donald Sterling, all the police killings, Lebron's house. He ain't just using this as promo.

He has?

All of those are easy targets and not issues that would damage or risk Hollywood star power.

Listening to Amerikkka's Most Wanted and Death Certificate, would you imagine this would be the Ice Cube that we would have now?

Ice Cube used to be along with Chuck D and KRS. You notice the difference? The one with the biggest and most powerful voice is the one who says the least.

Imagine if Tupac in 1996 became the Ice Cube we have today. You wouldn't be disappointed?

Disappointed in what? What has he done? Make movies? He a grown *** man, that's raised kids. So if he wants to make movies for his kids or other kids I have no problem with that.

That kills me when I see black people nitpicking at the ones that got a history of being 100. I don't understand that ****.

Because he has been contradicting himself and doing anything to benefit Ice Cube for 25 years

That's why Common commented on it

and Tupac later

and I wish you dudes would stop bringing up Malcolm X. It's not comparable.

Disappointed in what? What has he done? Make movies? He a grown *** man, that's raised kids. So if he wants to make movies for his kids or other kids I have no problem with that.

That kills me when I see black people nitpicking at the ones that got a history of being 100. I don't understand that ****.

No he doesn't

Real ****. MLK wouldn't have even made it in this era with all his side chicks. People would've discounted his message over petty **** and his money.

Donald Trump can do all kinds of dirty **** and his people will stand with him but if Ice Cube does a kids movie some of us are done with him. :lol:

This foolio and her bait

He has?

We know where he stands when the check is offered

And you don't see what his family comedies have to do with it? Because he's the one bringing many of these movies to the studios. Where's the balance?

I guess Barbershop 2 was an attempt, but that seemed like a money grab attempt to profit off Chicago. I'd rather have had him speak out about what's going on.

Yeah. I don't think all of it will qualify to your purity test standards because of the settings (some is from interviews and media runs) but it's out there. Main reason I know is because when he speaks out there's white people online complaining about how racist he was in the 90s.

Hell he spoke out about Trayvon but you were probably too focused on Ride Along to see or care.

Maybe you should be pitching him movie ideas, and finding a studio to get it made. Like what do you want him to do :lol: I def don't see what the problem is or why he needs "balance".

Either way I'm not looking to Ice Cube to be some big political voice in 2017. Make some corny movies for me to overpay to take my kid to see while I keep running The Predator like it's 92 and we're good.

Last edited:
Not in good taste, and he shouldn't have said it, but not that big of a deal imo. A comedian told a risky joke and it's a tad too far. Life goes on.

Haven't seen the vid yet but the whole room cringed at my crib when Louis CK used the n word multiple times in his stand up. Terrible.

Im guessing this wasnt as bad.

KAM is a real Watts dude.....ex Watts Crip turned NOI.

Ice Cube was a studio gangsta.

While KAM was making this

Ice Cube and that clown *** studio gangsta Dr Dre was doing this

The streets of LA know what it is......

You sound as fickle as all them cats on the west coast when they were beefing :lol:

Cube called them (E, Ren, and Dre) studio gangstas. Then E called Dre the same later on after he dipped.

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't think all of it will qualify to your purity test standards because of the settings (some is from interviews and media runs) but it's out there. Main reason I know is because when he speaks out there's white people online complaining about how racist he was in the 90s.

Hell he spoke out about Trayvon but you were probably too focused on Ride Along to see or care.

Maybe you should be pitching him movie ideas, and finding a studio to get it made. Like what do you want him to do :lol: I def don't see what the problem is or why he needs "balance".

Either way I'm not looking to Ice Cube to be some big political voice in 2017. Make some corny movies for me to overpay to take my kid to see while I keep running The Predator like it's 92 and we're good.

Then don't make excuses for him then. You don't expect much. I expect more from someone who put out Amerikkka's Most Wanted and Death Certificate. In addition to Kam and the Lench Mob.

He's been inconsistent, if not non existent over the past 25 years.

You can't jump in and out of speaking out, which he has done. While using his platform to do very little publicly.

Then don't make excuses for him then. You don't expect much. I expect more from someone who put out Amerikkka's Most Wanted and Death Certificate. In addition to Kam and the Lench Mob.

He's been inconsistent, if not non existent over the past 25 years.

You can't jump in and out of speaking out, which he has done. While using his platform to do very little publicly.

If it's that serious to you go @ him on twitter. It's not like he's not accessible. Typing on NT and posting old *** commercials ain't bout to solve whatever your problem is.

Back
Top Bottom