Bill Maher calls himself a House N during an interview.....

Yeah I never understood this "cube ain't the same" thing. Some people wanted him to be dough boy his whole life. :lol:

Whatever movie he did or however rich he got I never heard Cube say some sucka ****. He always been the same dude in his interviews. I wasn't worried at all.

25 years later, the subject matter on Death Certificate is still relevant today. If you were born after this album dropped, do yourself a solid listen to it. One of Cube's best IMO

Last edited:
And Bill is still on the WS list to me. Cube said what he said, the lady said what she said and he still had that "well I apologized, it's over". Dude had that same ol dismissive/white privilege attitude. **** outta here.
While I don't think Bill is a WS, your second point is completely valid. This guy is way too dismissive on the topic of race. I'm not going to suggest your position on him being a WS isn't recognized, I just don't think he is myself. But I'm not black so I'm looking at it from a white persons perspective. 

He's always been this way. Someone makes a great point, and instead of embracing the point made, he'll be like, "great, moving on". It's as if because he's not racist and he's a lefty, no one on the left is racist, which is not the case. 

Last edited:
And Bill is still on the WS list to me. Cube said what he said, the lady said what she said and he still had that "well I apologized, it's over". Dude had that same ol dismissive/white privilege attitude. **** outta here.

While I don't think Bill is a WS, your second point is completely valid. This guy is way too dismissive on the topic of race. I'm not going to suggest your position on him being a WS isn't recognized, I just don't think he is myself. But I'm not black so I'm looking at it from a white persons perspective. 

He's always been this way. Someone makes a great point, and instead of embracing the point made, he'll be like, "great, moving on". It's as if because he's not racist and he's a lefty, no one on the left is racist, which is not the case. 

They usually are

I haven't watched really watched his show for the last year cause every time I would for the year prior to that, he'd always say some this that'd have me shaking my head. 

Dude has been corny. Every time the crown reacts to one of his jokes like, "awww" or "ohhhhhhh", he whines like a *****. 

I like what Cube said and I like what the woman said. Bill just had this look like, yeah N, I know. I can relate. I'm down and I'll continue to say it. His demeanor and his attitude said it all. **** wasn't a joke. He felt like he could get a pass and that's that.

I got the vibe that he was doing the bit just to save his ***. Not create open dialogue like it was framed as. 

Liberals with dismissive attitudes towards race annoy the living **** out of me. Race is something that is bipartisan that is framed as Republicans being the only devious ones. I prefer the trump supporters because at least they wear hats.

Last edited:
Bruh, get a grip :lol: Cube is just a bad actor that'll shell a couple bad movies.

He hasn't sold out and bargained away his blackness for more money and fame.

I still don't get why some thought Cube wouldn't address this or were talking about him coming on the show at all. Who has Cube ever gave a pass or let it slide?

This isn't about Cube and i don't want to derail the thread talking about him, but i don't think he "sold out" even though he's been called that by some. But when you go from a socially woke political rapper standing with the NOI and Khalid Muhammad in the early 90's, making songs like true to the game and turn off the radio; to the family-oriented movies and making songs with LMFAO, please will look at you strange. Some think it's selling out, some say it's maturing...I don't expect him to out here still making songs like cave ***** and telling white folks to kiss ***, but cube used to be very militant and outspoken about certain people and institutions back in the day. He has referred to himself as an activist, so when i say i was worried what cube we would be getting up there, i meant would be getting Hollywood, promo tour cube or the older cube, because i can't recall the last time i heard him speak out on recent injustices. (i salute him for the social commentary in barbershop 3 tho)... And to keep it buck if he wasn't out promoting the 25th anniversary of Death Certificate or the 3 on 3 league, i don't think we would have heard him speak on this at all...not that i expected him too, but yeah.

But the question is still when have we ever heard this Hollywood Cube? Or Cube tap dance?

I don't get when you say he "went from this to that" Cube never went away from being who he is. He just went away from music to movies. Cube has spoke on Donald Sterling, all the police killings, Lebron's house. He ain't just using this as promo.

That new Cube video is hard.

But do dudes really expect Cube to play himself in every movie? Y'all act like he only has one emotion. Y'all think he kisses his wife angry too?

ice-cube-and-wife-bet-honors-2014-1.jpg

Last edited:
Yup i miss the old cube that I used to have dreams about that would murder my whole family. :lol:

Like I said everybody evolves, but it's been different phases with cube just like any normal person. He was outspoken and militant when he got around the Bomb Squad and them, he went through a thug phase when he got with WC and Mack 10, and he's the guy he is now. He kinda set himself coming out the gate so political and militant, some ppl wanted him to be that guy forever, but ppl change. It's maturity to some and selling out to others. It's a difference btwn being outspoken on issues and answering questions when they are brought up. Like I said initially I don't want to detail the thread, I just wondered what version we would get up there in 2017. I know he's in current business with HBO kinda expected him to tap dance...I don't see buddy as a sell out and whatnot.

And it's funny I'm trying to find this thread on here from a few years ago celebs being ******** or whatever and an nter talking about interviewing Cube during the west side connection promo run and cube being in full character thug mode refusing to answer serious questions.

Take from this what you want

But the question is still when have we ever heard this Hollywood Cube? Or Cube tap dance?

I don't get when you say he "went from this to that" Cube never went away from being who he is. He just went away from music to movies. Cube has spoke on Donald Sterling, all the police killings, Lebron's house. He ain't just using this as promo.
Yeah, I get what's he's saying in general but I simply don't get it with Cube.

I guess ppl are taking his transition to making a loving full time, maturing, and even "crossing over" as going Hollywood since he's not the first kne in everybody's face to react to some injustice.

Now that I think about it, its similar with Ice T. T has never changed personally. Never owned some tap dancing shoes but cuz he's been playing a cop on tv the past 20 years, had his own rock band, and is married to a white girl thick as a black chick they think he's gotten soft. I recall hearing crazy assumptions about T cuz he's been an actor even though it don't add up.

Salute to Cube, that was reminiscent of the old cube. Lowkey was worried the are we there yet Cube would shown up.

He might be back musically too.

[\video]

its crazy how some ****** physically look washed like snoop or dre and some dudes can not age for 15 years @ a time like pharrell or cube

Kept it a billion. :pimp: Cube too sharp.

I'm glad that sistah up there said that part. It ain't just the N word. It's the house slave he was joking about too. That was some serious, ugly ****. If it was a black women she was being raped and beaten. If she had kids her kids suffered the same treatment. Like I said from the jump you won't hear no Holocaust jokes or 911 jokes but joking about the treatment of black people is ok in America.

Pretty much. People always bring up the argument, " maybe if you just sit down and explain to them why they are being racist maybe they'll understand"

No. It just gets dismissed and whatever you say falls on deaf ears. Maher not gonna change. This was just to save some face. He's just a kid sitting in the principals office saying yes sir I understand, but rally ain't going to change

bill was being a **** from the clips i saw

he never conceded to being wrong and IMO kept giving off the aura of "okay i get it" everytime cube tried to make a point

its about time for another Pac type dude who can say what he wants but is too hot musically to be blackballed. Cube couldnt go off and really son him like he should have because Cube is in a different place with different responsibilities.

Cube probably deals with Bill maher comfortable types all day who think that b/c they grew up on rap and are liberal and have rapper friends that they can do whatever. He probably has a few of those types helping him get his movies and ventures through so he probably could only scrape the surface if he didnt want to offend.

I wanted someone to make Maher uncomfortable. We dont have no one in the culture that can go on these types of shows like Tomi lahren or Bill maher and make these people sweat and let them know that its not always smiles and canned laughter.

Watch the show from the beginning.

Bill is being a dismissive *** cuz he just got it from his friend Michael Eric Dyson where he wasn't giving as much push back but you could sense it.

He thought it was over. They went in to political discussion for like 20 min. Then he brought out Cube and he gave it to Bill all over again and then black shorty jumped in to.

That's just how Bill is. He probably thought he got it and wasn't expecting to get it again.

But that goes in line with what I'm talking about with what ppl are assuming about Cube. He's never given anybody a pass or let it slide like that.

He has?

All of those are easy targets and not issues that would damage or risk Hollywood star power.

Listening to Amerikkka's Most Wanted and Death Certificate, would you imagine this would be the Ice Cube that we would have now?

Ice Cube used to be along with Chuck D and KRS. You notice the difference? The one with the biggest and most powerful voice is the one who says the least.

Imagine if Tupac in 1996 became the Ice Cube we have today. You wouldn't be disappointed?

Back
Top Bottom