Black Culture Discussion Thread

jump at the first chance they get to get in the house 
mean.gif

Last edited:
[h1]55 years ago today, Congolese liberator, Patrice Lumumba, was assassinated.[/h1]
Patrice Lumumba, the first legally elected prime minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), was assassinated 50 years ago today, on 17 January, 1961. This heinous crime was a culmination of two inter-related assassination plots by American and Belgian governments, which used Congolese accomplices and a Belgian execution squad to carry out the deed.

Ludo De Witte, the Belgian author of the best book on this crime, qualifies it as "the most important assassination of the 20th century". The assassination's historical importance lies in a multitude of factors, the most pertinent being the global context in which it took place, its impact on Congolese politics since then and Lumumba's overall legacy as a nationalist leader.

For 126 years, the US and Belgium have played key roles in shaping Congo's destiny. In April 1884, seven months before the Berlin Congress, the US became the first country in the world to recognise the claims of King Leopold II of the Belgians to the territories of the Congo Basin.

When the atrocities related to brutal economic exploitation in Leopold's Congo Free State resulted in millions of fatalities, the US joined other world powers to force Belgium to take over the country as a regular colony. And it was during the colonial period that the US acquired a strategic stake in the enormous natural wealth of the Congo, following its use of the uranium from Congolese mines to manufacture the first atomic weapons, the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs.

With the outbreak of the cold war, it was inevitable that the US and its western allies would not be prepared to let Africans have effective control over strategic raw materials, lest these fall in the hands of their enemies in the Soviet camp. It is in this regard that Patrice Lumumba's determination to achieve genuine independence and to have full control over Congo's resources in order to utilise them to improve the living conditions of our people was perceived as a threat to western interests. To fight him, the US and Belgium used all the tools and resources at their disposal, including the United Nations secretariat, under Dag Hammarskjöld and Ralph Bunche, to buy the support of Lumumba's Congolese rivals , and hired killers.

In Congo, Lumumba's assassination is rightly viewed as the country's original sin. Coming less than seven months after independence (on 30 June, 1960), it was a stumbling block to the ideals of national unity, economic independence and pan-African solidarity that Lumumba had championed, as well as a shattering blow to the hopes of millions of Congolese for freedom and material prosperity.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...sary-assassination?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Tweet

Isn't he the one who profited heavily off of creating a white rapper who profited heavily by appopriating the culture??
 Mr 'If it aint about money" wants to lecture us on the Lynch Agenda now????
T.I is one of last people fools who should be condemning anyone about "selling out".

he didn't 'create' iggy she been was rapping like that long before ti put her on, the only reason people were criticizing her so heavy was because she was became so successful 'appropriating' that southern style (there was a valid question to ask about why this australian white girl was rapping with a southern affect, to which, she had previously answered); given the myriad of superficial rap & rappers, the way people decided to single her out was super condescending (in some ways it is comparative to how folk are getting at lil yachty, except she didn't call legendary figures in hip hop wack...people call his music trash but you don't hear folk question his motivation to make it, similarly with people like asap rocky & desiigner, who got a bit of criticism for 'appropriating' styles but those same folk aren't/weren't giving them history lessons on the origins of hip-hop)...but the why of it was pretty clear, she was seen as an outsider to hip-hop, i feel like the whole appropriation conversation around iggy was a misdirection of that...

that ti saw some potential/talent in what maybe a superficial artist and thus make some bread in the music business, makes him a sellout but not the profiting off of the music he makes that at times glorifies the drug game, materialism, objectification, & violence...just curious about the inconsistency there? as for ti's point in the video, he isn't wrong about what he is saying, there is always an agenda, unfortunately that is politics; obviously trump has been pretty incendiary with his rhetoric in regards to people of color in the run up to him becoming president elect, but, as tip did eventually get to near the end of the vid, if done in good faith, it makes sense that both sides would come to table despite being disagreeable, to define what a trump presidency will mean...

When I heard that Malcolm quote is just reminded me of what's going on now. I don't know what to think about those dudes that met with Trump but I don't know Trump is using them for appearances.

i get you, it is probably about the look for trump (kanye especially!), but jim brown as far as i know has always been a stand up dude, and i'd hope that MLK jr's son would be optimistic about continuing his father's mission...to me that quote serves as a reminder that it always makes sense to be a bit skeptical/wary of those in power, maybe even moreso those that seek to be seen next to power, that is what comes with trying to make change though, sometimes you will have to come to the table on their terms in order to be heard or just figure out what the next move should be...again that is politics, the surface level meme-ification of images like these with such quotes (oft times out of context) is a disservice to those who have done and are doing the work, the whole process is harder if people are more worried about how things look than what actually is being done and probably makes things more adversarial than they need to be...

Secret Service agrees to pay $24 million in decades-old race bias case brought by black agents

photos.medleyphoto.6178583.jpg

WASHINGTON - The Secret Service agreed Tuesday to pay $24 million to settle a two-decade-old case in which more than 100 black agents alleged that the agency fostered a racist culture and routinely promoted white agents over more qualified African-Americans, according to documents filed in court and interviews with representatives of both sides.

As part of the deal, which is the result of a push in the waning days of President Barack Obama's administration, the agency admits to no wrongdoing or institutional bias.

https://t.co/zv0UVlzn0z

Is anyone here affiliated with the Moorish Science Temple? i follow a few on social media and while i could see inaccuracies in some there's a handful i follow who seem to really make a point to understand law, especially as a black man in America. I would like to get a wider understanding of how Moors have established themselves as a nationality.

Is anyone here affiliated with the Moorish Science Temple? i follow a few on social media and while i could see inaccuracies in some there's a handful i follow who seem to really make a point to understand law, especially as a black man in America. I would like to get a wider understanding of how Moors have established themselves as a nationality.

Don't waste your time. That Moorish science temple stuff has gotten Wesley Snipes locked up, gotten Korryn Gaines killed, and Mos Def in trouble in South Africa. It's a hustle at the end of the day and a lot of it is based on the pseudo notion that Africans are indigenous to the Americas. They trick you into paying to get your status corrected and give you worthless papers that no organization or country recognizes.

Last edited:

Don't waste your time. That Moorish science temple stuff has gotten Wesley Snipes locked up, gotten Korryn Gaines killed, and Mos Def in trouble in South Africa. It's a hustle at the end of the day and a lot of it is based on the pseudo notion that Africans are indigenous to the Americas. They trick you into paying to get your status corrected and give you worthless papers that no organization or country recognizes.

I don't know if ya'll listen to Zo Williams but it's a brotha on there thats always getting mad that we call ourselves black and "If you classified yourself as Moor the cops and courts will treat you better".

I just don't believe that. :lol:

We should know and understand what the Moors have done but classifying yourself as a Moor won't stop a racist from being a racist.

Last edited:
I don't know if ya'll listen to Zo Williams but it's a brotha on there thats always getting mad that we call ourselves black and "If you classified yourself as Moor the cops and courts will treat you better".

We should know and understand what the Moors have done but classifying yourself as a Moor won't stop a racist from being a racist.

I know who you're talking about and that brother is consistently wrong and a flat our liar. Historical Moors are not what he says they are. In fact it's a lot more complicated than many Moorish Science temple people will tell you. You have to go into the history of North Africa to really get good understanding of what a Moor really was.

On the subject of black, most Moorish Science temple guys base the idea of black being negative from old copies of Black's law dictionary, which is a European source. I myself have no issues with the word black becasue Africans have called ourselves black for thousands of years. One classic example is the word "Khem", which means black in ancient Egyptian. They called their country Kemet, or land of the black. So to me it's a non-issue.

As for the Moor classification stopping racism, again I bring up Korryn Gaines. She thought that status correction crap made her different and it got her killed and her 8 year old son shot by the same racist police force that killed Freddie Gray. The black community really has a problem right now becasue of wreckless teaching and fake leaders in the community don't really care about the people. They are only in it for money like a lot of these traveling preachers and fake Christian prosperity ministers.

America breeds a culture of quick fixes and we're in love with what makes us feel good. The Moorish doctrine is feel good doctrine at the end of the day. We have to face the fact that it's going to take a lot more than that to progress. But I feel it all boils down to culture. We have to cultivate a culture that emphasizes education. Too many grown black people are uneducated on basic s***. They are constant targets and many prey on our ignorant to fuel their bank accounts.

Iv'e def peeped the elitest attitude from some but some of the info has sparked interest. What i will say is everytime i see them add a scenario of them stating their laws and sovereignty i'm like that's great if America actually played fare and gave a **** about ANYBODYS rights

Isn't he the one who profited heavily off of creating a white rapper who profited heavily by appopriating the culture??

Mr 'If it aint about money" wants to lecture us on the Lynch Agenda now????

T.I is one of last people fools who should be condemning anyone about "selling out".

preach brother....Snoop Lying aka Snoop Lion aka whatever his name is...is also foolish...i have no idea who takes that man seriously...hypocrite

I know who you're talking about and that brother is consistently wrong and a flat our liar. Historical Moors are not what he says they are. In fact it's a lot more complicated than many Moorish Science temple people will tell you. You have to go into the history of North Africa to really get good understanding of what a Moor really was.

On the subject of black, most Moorish Science temple guys base the idea of black being negative from old copies of Black's law dictionary, which is a European source. I myself have no issues with the word black becasue Africans have called ourselves black for thousands of years. One classic example is the word "Khem", which means black in ancient Egyptian. They called their country Kemet, or land of the black. So to me it's a non-issue.

As for the Moor classification stopping racism, again I bring up Korryn Gaines. She thought that status correction crap made her different and it got her killed and her 8 year old son shot by the same racist police force that killed Freddie Gray. The black community really has a problem right now becasue of wreckless teaching and fake leaders in the community don't really care about the people. They are only in it for money like a lot of these traveling preachers and fake Christian prosperity ministers.

America breeds a culture of quick fixes and we're in love with what makes us feel good. The Moorish doctrine is feel good doctrine at the end of the day. We have to face the fact that it's going to take a lot more than that to progress. But I feel it all boils down to culture. We have to cultivate a culture that emphasizes education. Too many grown black people are uneducated on basic s***. They are constant targets and many prey on our ignorant to fuel their bank accounts.

Doesn't Moor just mean Black? Blackamoor.

Last edited:
Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius

Most of what is in that video is on point. Moor is a descriptive term to describe those mixed Arab and Berbers from North Africa. It later was associated with black just like that snippet from Hidden Colors stated. The argument here is that Moorish Science Temple guys who come from the school of thought Noble Drew Ali founded argue against being called black. I've seen some of them make an argument that we are white. :smh:

At the end of the day it's a clear difference between the historical Moor's and the "Temple" Moors. Temple Moors are the ones who follow Noble Drew Ali's outdated teachings and preach about status correction. The real historical Moors were the ones who invaded Spain in 711 AD. Two different things.

preach brother....Snoop Lying aka Snoop Lion aka whatever his name is...is also foolish...i have no idea who takes that man seriously...hypocrite
Exactly....people still looking for leadership and some sort of inspiration from money hungry celebrity opportunists...

So many social media activists these days....and of course thier short attention span ig/fb/tumblr scrolling followers

take everything they say as gospel.

I just find it pathetic people would even think to listen these weak souls who worship the very currency created by the most vile oppressors. No one else sees a huge spiritual/mental deficiency with these type of people???.

Yes money is thier Bible and thier God  before anything this currency is #1...they may say one thing but thier true beliefs are pretty evident.

I'm just gonna leave these hear folks.....come on people its right before your very own eyes with our own people.

The same currency used as a bartering item for the freedom and soul of our own people by the oppressors

How did we get so intimate and close with this currency????

Last edited:
Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius

Most of what is in that video is on point. Moor is a descriptive term to describe those mixed Arab and Berbers from North Africa. It later was associated with black just like that snippet from Hidden Colors stated. The argument here is that Moorish Science Temple guys who come from the school of thought Noble Drew Ali founded argue against being called black. I've seen some of them make an argument that we are white. :smh:

At the end of the day it's a clear difference between the historical Moor's and the "Temple" Moors. Temple Moors are the ones who follow Noble Drew Ali's outdated teachings and preach about status correction. The real historical Moors were the ones who invaded Spain in 711 AD. Two different things.

200x200px-ZC-7830a0a8_yeah_eddie_murphy.gif

I hear you

Last edited:
And the first thing the ******* does when he comes in power he takes all the Negro leaders And invites them for coffee. To show that he's all right. And those Uncle Toms can't pass up the coffee. They come away from the coffee table telling you and me that this man is all right

- Malcolm X 1964

View media item 2302108View media item 2302109View media item 2302110

so because he met with dude, jim brown is an uncle tom now???

How bout now?

[Video][\video]

Accept that this negro sold his soul.[/Video]

He actually hosted one of the inaugural parties. Son is full on with it and folks won't accept it. Jerry ****ing for chicken pales in comparison to what Trump has been doing.

Last edited:
Jim Brown got the late arriving CTE.

Only thing that makes sense.

Dude spent his whole life going against **** like Trump.

He was a woman beater anyway so that lost most of his credibility in my eyes but this **** here too? :x

[Video][\video]

[Video]

Nah Jim :smh:

Jim Brown got a SOLID rep. Don't wanna disrespect him but why is he out here playing captain save a Trump?

He's done great work for what 50 years? Now he out here talkin bout "Mista Trump him's a good man, you folks leaves him alone"

Why? :smh:[/video]

And the first thing the ******* does when he comes in power he takes all the Negro leaders And invites them for coffee. To show that he's all right. And those Uncle Toms can't pass up the coffee. They come away from the coffee table telling you and me that this man is all right

- Malcolm X 1964

View media item 2302108View media item 2302109View media item 2302110

so because he met with dude, jim brown is an uncle tom now???

How bout now?

[Video][\video]

[Video]

how did jim get so gray over the course of a month??? while i would hope that jim brown would be more critical & skeptical of trump's rhetoric & the way he has been going back & forth with sen. john lewis, i don't see what the problem is with what he doing or saying? not really clear on what his role in hosting a pre-inauguration party will be, the interviewer didn't really provide any clarity with her questions (brown was a clinton supporter, does he agree/disagree with trump's vision of america? what are the things he is aligned with trump on, if any? why does brown think trump decided to meet him?) but his general point being, no matter who the president is there is work to be done and starting a conversation with the person who currently holds the title (however euphemistic) of "leader of the free world' is a step towards getting closer to brown's goals with brown's community program(s)...

i just don't think the work he has done & seemingly is still doing should be discounted at this point...now if trump's words prove to empty and brown is still talking like this, there can be some discussion about what brown's motives are

[Video][\video]

[Video]

Nah Jim :smh:

Jim Brown got a SOLID rep. Don't wanna disrespect him but why is he out here playing captain save a Trump?

He's done great work for what 50 years? Now he out here talkin bout "Mista Trump him's a good man, you folks leaves him alone"

Why? :smh:[/video]
[Video]

i feel like all brown seems to be saying is going to deal with the world as it is and he feels like it is a waste time to argue about the legitimacy of the election, insofar as he will be the president, he thinks better to try to see if they can work together...[/video][/video]

Back
Top Bottom