Black Culture Discussion Thread

Man just looking at the thumbnail reminds me of philosphy 101 freshman year. When the teacher asked if anyone knew the root meaning of the n word and everyone looked at me.

I hate being the only black person in the room.

Of course i knew the answer, raised my hand and answered accordingly.

Never spoke again.

A ‘Living Single’ Reboot Is Reportedly In The Works

CREDIT: Getty Images

https://www.vibe.com/2018/07/living...w&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Now, this is one reboot worth having. Living Single, the series that welcomed Khadijah, Synclaire, Obie and Maxine into our lives in the 90s, might be the next show on the reboot train.

Erika Alexander dropped a very noticeable clue on Instagram Monday (July 30), with a funny pun. “Anyone know how to “reboot” this?” she questioned while pointing to her laptop.

The rest of the tribe have been quiet about the reboot except Kim Coles who spoke with ET about a possible project dropping next month with the cast described as “reboot-ish.”

“[Queen Latifah’s] been talking, listen what [I’d] love to say is that I have been neither contacted nor contracted. However, something is happening next month that I cannot talk about and that’s all I’m gonna say,” she said. “That’s all I can say. The six of us together; a reboot-ish. That’s all I can say.”

In 2017, Latifah shared on Andy Cohen’s Watch What Happens Live!, that something was on the way. “We’re actually working on it,” she said. “It’s not there yet. But, hopefully, we can get it happening.” She also revealed what many of the younger fans discovered through Alexander’s interview with The Breakfast Club–the 1993 series was the direct inspiration for Friends.

Nonetheless, Living Single went on to launch iconic characters, careers and romances like Synclaire and Overton. The series has gained new fans through its syndication on Hulu and can garner more if their reboot flows through the channels of Netflix.

No matter the channel, we’re all ready for this.

Check out the cast’s many reunions below.

Last edited:
Is there any indication on how the presidential center 2019 delay might affect the Chicagoans CBA? I did a light search on Twitter but didn't find anything

Fresh Prince and Jamie Foxx show was just a Black slapstick show like Wayans Bros etc, but Fresh Prince at least delved into deeper issues on some episodes. Same with Family Matters.

The Bernie Mac show is top Black sitcoms to me.

I don’t know about that. I mean you could say most 90’s sitcoms not Seinfeld or Cosby show were mediocre. It was fine for the time and better than stuff like Martin or Jamie foxx show
I can't sit through a single episode of Seinfeld today, but Martin and Jamie Foxx Show still make me laugh.

IMG-20180731-WA0002.jpg

I dont like lack of black teachers in that vid from lebron

Also this him opening a school juat stirred better than jordan ....thats unnecessary...brothas give back is the plus

Back
Top Bottom