Black Culture Discussion Thread

I hear, understand, and agree with everything you 100%. My issue is none of what you stated (which is what most people take issue with), is inherent to actual Christianity. Its bad church systems, con men who claim they are preachers, and people who don't understand or desire to develop a true relationship with their Creator. Matthew 7:15-20. Most peoples interactions with forms of Christianity are only in name alone, which creates a distaste for the actual belief system. But they are not true representations of humble imperfect people understanding the standard set by Messiah and seeking true transformation. Most encounter a person pursuing their own desires and throwing Gods name around every once in a while, attending a service, and giving God props for any success obtained from their own vain pursuits. This is the unfortunate imagery of Christianity in our society. A far cry from what a christian truly is supposed to be.

Very true and agreed. People hate how Christianity is portrayed and recognized completely differently than how the book itself lends instruction. And one of the worst parts is that this will prevent people from even considering Christianity because all they hear is how preachers are all crooks and womanizers while ignoring the book itself.

People who read fictional books like the Bible and send their DNA to companies that they know very little about...sounds about right:lol:

People who read fictional books like the Bible and send their DNA to companies that they know very little about...sounds about right:lol:

Having your saliva analyzed so you can know exactly your lineage is from is something that hilarious to you? Some of you people on here are so childish with every little thing.

My reading of, and believing in the Bible impacts no one but myself. *shrugs* if something gives someone peace, and they’re demonizing the lives of people around them let em rock. I’ll take my own personal peace over the pseudo science and conspiracy theories plaguing the community any day.

I say this as an engineer and someone who uses the scientific method and D.O.E. Everysingle day.

Psedo science and conspiracy theories plague the community (whatever that means) yet you believe in the bible :lol: If Christianity is your solace, do your thing. But don't try to throw rocks and hide your hands when speaking on the ideologies of others.

My reading of, and believing in the Bible impacts no one but myself. *shrugs* if something gives someone peace, let em rock. I’ll take my own personal peace over the pseudo science and conspiracy theories plaguing the community any day.

My issues with it are these

1) when they push it in your face, saying it is the way to go

2) when it is CLEARLY throughout examples of history that has contributed to the current and continual demise of our people.

I dont walk around telling people what to believe at this point, you made a good point in whatever people want to believe to make themselves sleep at night go ahead, but when you look at the bigger picture of how a religion has NOT helped a certain sect of people its quite alarming. Jamaica has the most churches on Earth per square mile but a couple of years ago was the murder capital on Earth.

Like why are my people SO BLINDED by religion, its a funny rope to walk on when you want to respect people individual wishes but also want to open a group of people eyes to reality. Its tricky

Pseudoscience does plague the community seeing how Dr. sebi is fooling people into believing he cured HIV and other BS

My issues with it are these

1) when they push it in your face, saying it is the way to go

2) when it is CLEARLY throughout examples of history that has contributed to the current and continual demise of our people.

I dont walk around telling people what to believe at this point, you made a good point in whatever people want to believe to make themselves sleep at night go ahead, but when you look at the bigger picture of how a religion has NOT helped a certain sect of people its quite alarming. Jamaica has the most churches on Earth per square mile but a couple of years ago was the murder capital on Earth.

Like why are my people SO BLINDED by religion, its a funny rope to walk on when you want to respect people individual wishes but also want to open a group of people eyes to reality. Its tricky

I don’t disagree with you, organized religion has been destructive to the black community and I believe in a lot of ways it still is. But I separate personal beiliefs/impetus from organized religion. Which is why I’m a pusher if learn for yourself as opposed to being told what to believe.

My reading of, and believing in the Bible impacts no one but myself. *shrugs* if something gives someone peace, and they’re demonizing the lives of people around them let em rock. I’ll take my own personal peace over the pseudo science and conspiracy theories plaguing the community any day.

I say this as an engineer and someone who uses the scientific method and D.O.E. Everysingle day.
But are those two the only options?

You COULD not believe in the Bible but NOT be into pseudo science and conspiracy theories.

Psedo science and conspiracy theories plague the community (whatever that means) yet you believe in the bible :lol: If Christianity is your solace, do your thing. But don't try to throw rocks and hide your hands when speaking on the ideologies of others.

I’m all for people doing whatever they want and believing whatever they want as long as they’re not negatively impacting the lives of people around them.

Serious question
U guys think some people
Believe in god
But don’t really
But believe JUST in case there is one
Yep, I mentioned this in the Religious thread.

It is funny because if God IS in fact, "all-knowing" he would see right through the, "You don't REALLY believe in ME" facade and still send you straight to Hell for fake believing.

Doing something out of “just Incase necessity” and believing aren’t inherently the same thing though.
I think that was his point :lol:

Back
Top Bottom