Black Culture Discussion Thread

This fool here....

“If you notice, John McCain, he [sic] dead,” Peterson continues, listing other people he believes God has killed while playing the role of hitman for Trump.

Charles Krauthammer, he dead,” he continues. “And Elijah Cumming, now he [sic] dead. They all didn’t like The Great White Hope, they went against him, they talked about him, now they all dead. That’s amazin’.”

Jesse Jackson 1988 = push for African American labeling.

Really hasnt been that long. 60's = Black. 80's = African American

Side Note:

Whites view the term “African-American” more favorably than “black”

"In one study, we randomly assigned white participants to associate words with either blacks or African-Americans. Specifically, they selected 10 terms out of a list of 75 (e.g. aggressive, ambitious) that they felt best described each group. The participants that evaluated blacks chose significantly more negative words than those who evaluated African-Americans. Notably, whites did not associate more negative words with “Whites” than with “Caucasians.”

Last edited:
This fool here....

“If you notice, John McCain, he [sic] dead,” Peterson continues, listing other people he believes God has killed while playing the role of hitman for Trump.

Charles Krauthammer, he dead,” he continues. “And Elijah Cumming, now he [sic] dead. They all didn’t like The Great White Hope, they went against him, they talked about him, now they all dead. That’s amazin’.”

Timeout, youre Pro-Jesse Lee Peterson?

nevermind, you said "this fool here", but there are a lot of foolish black people on the internet.

There are fools, you right...but wow, the level this guy is on is almost unreal.

The mans body isnt even cold yet.

I heard about Jesse Lee Peterson a while ago but never really looked into him.

Had no idea he was a pastor!

Was he the inspiration for Unkle Rukus?

There are fools, you right...but wow, the level this guy is on is almost unreal.

The mans body isnt even cold yet.

I heard about Jesse Lee Peterson a while ago but never really looked into him.

Had no idea he was a pastor!

Was he the inspiration for Unkle Rukus?

dude, dont even waste your time him and Tommy Sotomayor are the worst.

Jesse Jackson spearheaded the move back in the 60s.
No he (Jesse Jacksons) spearheaded the term in the late 80's & as tay1 tay1 mentioned the term was used much earlier w/ documentation as proof back in 1782.

I think that the African American term is exclusionary, pompous, regressive, and establishes the slave mentally by some pseudo "proof blacks" who were too coward to actually move make & establish themselves in Africa. Mind you the term was repopularize by Jesse Jackson.

Also, "African-American" is too broad of term and establishes the ignorant view the world has on Africa. I'm sadly willing to believe that the average person in the states thinks that Africa is damn a country and not a continent. If I'm "African-American" then what type of African am I? Isn't there there like 54 countries and god only knows how many types of people? Ireland is European country. I have never heard someone call themselves European-American. Irish-Americans are pinpointing a specific location w/n their continent and proclaiming themselves to be that. "African American" is not doing that and sounds as dumb as European-American (wth is even that?) or using female as an adjective instead of just saying "woman."

Now I mentioned it being "exclusionary" who are you and why should I accept an immigrant type tag when the majority of my immediate heritage comes from America? The 1st Sub-African slave arrived in like the "new world" in like 1502, 1503... 1502. It is the year 2019. Me claiming to be African is just as dumb and dishonest as me claiming to be a pair damn horse. I'm likely more American than most of these that white people that have the privilege to simply call themselves "American."

I am Black. I am American. I am not African American. I think that African American is a racist term.

You a Repblican/Conservative arent you?

source (1).gif

You a Repblican/Conservative arent you?

To back him up, im conflicted on its use

Personally I just prefer being called black. Our relationship with Africa has been as cleanly severed as our family ties, at least for those of us whose ancestors came here in bondage centuries ago. I don't even feel as if I have a place on the continent I could ever call home cause lets be honest, ADOS culture is as rooted in American culture as white culture is. I see myself as a Black American first and foremost. African culture, true 100% African culture, is foreign to me. All I know is the Black American ADOS experience/culture.

But again, still conflicted on it. A rational argument that can justify the use of the term in relation to ADOS would go a long way.

Democrat on team Sanders if it matters :lol:

I kinda get where yall coming from. However, even though I recently became an American citizen my people back home in Jamaica are on the same wave length.

Ill be the first one to love Jamaican culture, and I see nothing wrong with you all loving your black American culture, but at the end of the day our culture derives from AFRICAN culture. There is absolutely nothing wrong in recognizing your nationality while also embracing your culture.

I think its wrong for yall seek out validation that you are stricly "American", being a part of a historically oppressed group of people as black Americans I was hoping that you all will take pride in being of African descent.

No one is telling yall to saying yall are from African. Im not from Africa, my nationality isnt one of the African nations, like im not "Nigerian", "South African", or Kenyan", however I take pride in my African descent and wear it proudly.

I'm slightly disappointed that yall want to be grouped in more with the average white "American" as opposed to "African-American" because to be "African-American" you are grouping yourself with other great black Americans like MLK and Malcolm X.

It;s just crazy to me how we all damn look the same, same rhythm (lol), same skin color descent all from AFRICA, but we try our best NOT to associate with it. I dont know its just weird to me.

Until all descendants of Africa, actually love Africa we aint going nowhere. Trust me, I get it our grandparents are not from Africa and we should take pride in our nationality and our upbringing, but a pig being borm in a horse sty is still a pig got dammit.

So in conclusion all of you black people in here, whether you wanna say "oh, im black" or "oh Im Dominican" or "oh, Im American"

Guess what...YOU A DAMN AFRICAN...whether you like it or not. Peace brothers

Last edited:
I like BLACK. That is because it identifies with the look, while also pointing out the oppressor. Once you identify with BLACK, you identify with the political game that is pressed against Africans, which then can become tribal and potentially corrupt. Black allows you to identify with the whole diaspora. The aborigines, the people of the African continent, people of the Caribbean, Black people in America, even those born in Asia AND those still in Europe.

As long as the white oppressor is alive, Black people are at risk. It does not matter what part of the world you are in. If you are Black, white supremacy sees you as an obstacle that disproves their theory.

I kinda get where yall coming from. However, even though I recently became an American citizen my people back home in Jamaica are on the same wave length.

Ill be the first one to love Jamaican culture, and I see nothing wrong with you all loving your black American culture, but at the end of the day our culture derives from AFRICAN culture. There is absolutely nothing wrong in recognizing your nationality while also embracing your culture.

I think its wrong for yall seek out validation that you are stricly "American", being a part of a historically oppressed group of people as black Americans I was hoping that you all will take pride in being of African descent.

No one is telling yall to saying yall are from African. Im not from Africa, my nationality isnt one of the African nations, like im not "Nigerian", "South African", or Kenyan", however I take pride in my African descent and wear it proudly.

I'm slightly disappointed that yall want to be grouped in more with the average white "American" as opposed to "African-American" because to be "African-American" you are grouping yourself with other great black Americans like MLK and Malcolm X.

It;s just crazy to me how we all damn look the same, same rhythm (lol), same skin color descent all from AFRICA, but we try our best NOT to associate with it. I dont know its just weird to me.

Until all descendants of Africa, actually love Africa we aint going nowhere. Trust me, I get it our grandparents are not from Africa and we should take pride in our nationality and our upbringing, but a pig being borm in a horse sty is still a pig got dammit.

So in conclusion all of you black people in here, whether you wanna say "oh, im black" or "oh Im Dominican" or "oh, Im American"

Guess what...YOU A DAMN AFRICAN...whether you like it or not. Peace brothers
And you're trying be something you're not dawg. YOU "THE OH SO PROUD AFRICAN" brought you butt over here to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN to get a citizenship instead of Ghana of something. You literally had option and you choose here. You're the biggest hypocrite in here

Don't you ever fix your lips on fingers to down me.

Malcolm & Martin referred to themselves as "negro." Malcolm & Martin referred to themselves as "black." Malcom adopted "Afro." I have never heard either call themselves "African American." Don't you ever in life try to school my something you don't have the facts to back.

That's the problem w/ a lot foreigners. My N****R, NEGRO, COLORED, & BLACK ancestors paved the way for ppl like your ungrateful butt to come here and down-talk us & them. Don't you ever disrespect Black Americans and then try profit off of the things we built and made accessible to you.

You're literally an immigrant that went out of his way to be indoctrinated into this here white society, to be excepted by white people, & likely is working for white people, and you want to look down on me? Kick socks kid and go somewhere in Africa

I'm Black and I'm Proud.

Black American culture has influenced many places throughout the world to embrace their blackness. I've seen people holding up "BLACK LIVES MATTER" signs in Israel. That came from Black America, and I ain't giving that credit to no one but us.

Don't you ever tell me what I am or what to call myself; do you understand? *This is me poking you in the chest if we were in person. Seriously.*

I'm Black and I'm Proud.

marikomorose marikomorose yoooooo

Homeboy mad angry, I came here when I was a teen, Damn. Youre not going to thank me for Marcus Garvey then? Jesus you sound mad.

All Im saying is that black people should be proud of their ancestry from Africa. Whether you from Canada, America, Jamaica, Brazil, or England. PERIOD

Also, dont turn this into an African-American vs other black people conversation. Thats why I took a peep into that ADOS thread and stayed away

You African booty scratcher.

Last edited:
I'm Black and I'm Proud.

Say it LOUD!!!!

Uh! With your bad self!

[Hook]
Say it loud: I'm black and I'm proud!

[Verse 1]
Some people say we've got a lot of malice
Some say it's a lot of nerve
But I say we won't quit moving until we get what we deserve

We have been 'buked and we have been scorned
We've been treated bad, talked about as sure as you're born

But just as sure as it takes two eyes to make a pair, ha
Brother we can't quit until we get our share

[Hook]

[Verse 2]
I worked on jobs with my feet and my hands
But all the work I did was for the other man

Now we demand a chance to do things for ourselves
We're tired of beating our head against the wall
And working for someone else

[Bridge 2]
All right now, good God
You know we can do the boogaloo
Now we can say with the funky talk, and we do
Sometimes we sing and we talk
You know we jump back and do the camel walk

All right now, all right
All right

[Hook]

[Verse 3]
We demand a chance to do things for ourselves

[Hook]

[Bridge]
Ooh-wee, give it to me
All right, you're out of sight
All night, so tough
You're tough and rough
Ooh-wee, uh, you're killing me

[Hook]

[Verse 3]
We demand a chance to do things for ourselves

[Verse 4]
We're people, we like the birds and the bees
We'd rather die on our feet
Than be living on our knees

[Hook]

[Bridge 3]
Ooh-wee, you're killing me

Ooh-wee, ah
Ooh-wee, you're killing me
Ooh-wee

[Hook]

Last edited:
That right there is the greatest entertainer of all time for me. Micheal Jackson came close, meant more to white people, but James Brown?

You don't get Micheal Jackson, if there were no James Brown.

Youre not going to thank me for Marcus Garvey then?

Oh the irony...

"Although his legacy as a leader and activist lives on, Garvey’s separatist and Black Nationalist views were not embraced by many of his peers. In fact, W.E.B. Du Bois of the NAACP famously said, “Marcus Garvey is the most dangerous enemy of the Negro race in America and in the world.”

"However, Garvey’s supporters prefer to focus on his key message, which was steeped in African-American pride.
After all, he is credited with coining the phraseBlack is beautiful.”

IJS.

Oh the irony...

"Although his legacy as a leader and activist lives on, Garvey’s separatist and Black Nationalist views were not embraced by many of his peers. In fact, W.E.B. Du Bois of the NAACP famously said, “Marcus Garvey is the most dangerous enemy of the Negro race in America and in the world.”

"However, Garvey’s supporters prefer to focus on his key message, which was steeped in African-American pride.
After all, he is credited with coining the phraseBlack is beautiful.”

IJS.

um, I was joking about giving me credit for Garvey, because homeboy sounds pissed I came to his country and stealing all his jobs like im a Mexican.

I LOVE BEING BLACK and you know what also I LOVE BEING OF AFRICAN DESCENT

And you're trying be something you're not dawg. YOU "THE OH SO PROUD AFRICAN" brought you butt over here to THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICAN to get a citizenship instead of Ghana of something. You literally had option and you choose here. You're the biggest hypocrite in here

Don't you ever fix your lips on fingers to down me.

Malcolm & Martin referred to themselves as "negro." Malcolm & Martin referred to themselves as "black." Malcom adopted "Afro." I have never heard either call themselves "African American." Don't you ever in life try to school my something you don't have the facts to back.

That's the problem w/ a lot foreigners. My N****R, NEGRO, COLORED, & BLACK ancestors paved the way for ppl like your ungrateful butt to come here and down-talk us & them. Don't you ever disrespect Black Americans and then try profit off of the things we built and made accessible to you.

You're literally an immigrant that went out of his way to be indoctrinated into this here white society, to be excepted by white people, & likely is working for white people, and you want to look down on me? Kick socks kid and go somewhere in Africa

I'm Black and I'm Proud.

Black American culture has influenced many places throughout the world to embrace their blackness. I've seen people holding up "BLACK LIVES MATTER" signs in Israel. That came from Black America, and I ain't giving that credit to no one but us.

Don't you ever tell me what I am or what to call myself; do you understand? *This is me poking you in the chest if we were in person. Seriously.*

I'm Black and I'm Proud.
marikomorose marikomorose yoooooo

Homeboy mad angry, I came here when I was a teen, Damn. Youre not going to thank me for Marcus Garvey then? Jesus you sound mad.

All Im saying is that black people should be proud of their ancestry from Africa. Whether you from Canada, America, Jamaica, Brazil, or England. PERIOD

You African booty scratcher.
Opposite sides of the same nonsensical coin. Many people left their homeland(by force or on their own accord) and came here to and helped fight for civil rights. To sit here and say this was strictly done by Blacks who born here is some foolishness. In case y'all haven't noticed, blacks as a whole are looked at as inferior throughout the world. No need for us to further cause division amongst ourselves.

Opposite sides of the same nonsensical coin. Many people left their homeland(by force or on their own accord) and came here to and helped fight for civil rights. To sit here and say this was strictly done by Blacks who born here is some foolishness. In case y'all haven't noticed, blacks as a whole are looked at as inferior throughout the world. No need for us to further cause division amongst ourselves.
I guess that is why damn near everyone in the entire world IMITATE Black american culture, right?

You'd better act like you know.

I guess that is why damn near everyone in the entire world IMITATE Black american culture, right?

You'd better act like you know.
This is simply not true. Black culture as a whole is imitated. To say it's strictly black American Culture that is imitated would mean your uninformed. And that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that.

Back
Top Bottom