Black Culture Discussion Thread

Nah Fam.

Cardi cleared this one up nicely when Jermaine Dupri made his comments...

Cardi B acknowledged that after “Be Careful,” her Invasion of Privacy single about infidelity, received a tepid and confused response, she figured people just weren’t interested in hearing that kind of song. While Cardi suggested she didn’t mind catering to her audience at times, she also put the onus on those critics to seek out and acknowledge the myriad female rappers who are writing about other topics.

“There’s a lot of female rappers that be rapping they *** off and don’t be talking about they ***** and don’t be talking about getting down and dirty, and y’all don’t be supporting them! Y’all don’t be supporting them and they be mad dope! These bloggers don’t support them, they don’t give them the recognition, so don’t blame that **** on us, when y’all not the ones that’s supporting them.”

Basically these guys are barking up the wrong tree.

Dont hate the player...

Cardi = supply, Demand = the market. Simple. Obviosly there is a demand for the supply.

This is business.

No artist, actor, or athelete is responsible for raising our daugters or sons.

Also - whats this about ****** rape???

Anyway -

The difference is none of the men came forward. Duh!

No victim = no crime.

Last edited:
This is the way. He’s teaching his daughter how to own her own business at an early age.
39DE7086-1E76-409D-98F7-93DF046AAE54.jpeg

Sorry if this is offensive to some of yall but it's just my observation having been around black americans in my travels around the world and celebrity interviews I have noticed. Why is it that black americans are the pickiest eaters and most reluctant to try other cultures food?

Sorry if this is offensive to some of yall but it's just my observation having been around black americans in my travels around the world and celebrity interviews I have noticed. Why is it that black americans are the pickiest eaters and most reluctant to try other cultures food?
I think it’s b/c we’ve been forced to be enclosed. I’d say there’s been integration to promote whitewashing in the other large parts of the diaspora while we Black Americans were forced to do the exact opposite. We aren’t even 50yrs from segregation and the mentality is still lingering.

Also, America as a whole is fairly closed-minded/Ignorant as a whole due to our privilege.

We picky eaters????
Even though we were FORCED
To eat scraps
Chitterlings
Pigs feet and plenty of other foods
That are considered the norm
Were invented by us
Because we weren’t allowed to eat the “good stuff”
I be around Filipinos who don’t like lamb
Whites who don’t like fried chicken
Mexicans who don’t like cabbage
U just have an ignorant observation

Simple answer, exposure.

Those of us that HAVE been more exposed to the world aren't as picky as those that haven't.

But by nature, qe aren't as trusting as others.

Why? Could be for many reasons that one could assume.

Was your observation from a far or you actually have friends, acquaintances, colleagues etc to make your assumption you've talked about with?

We are the same at office parties or family get togethers. Is not so much that we are picky / reluctant as we are honest and speak directly. A people treated as we have don't have much BS in us when it comes to food. If it's a choice between someone's feelings and the food we put in our mouths...the choice is as clear as crystal. Note: we aren't homogeneous. There are lots of us and we vary greatly.

We are the same at office parties or family get togethers. Is not so much that we are picky / reluctant as we are honest and speak directly. A people treated as we have don't have much BS in us when it comes to food. If it's a choice between someone's feelings and the food we put in our mouths...the choice is as clear as crystal. Note: we aren't homogeneous. There are lots of us and we vary greatly.

Nah Fam.

Cardi cleared this one up nicely when Jermaine Dupri made his comments...

Cardi B acknowledged that after “Be Careful,” her Invasion of Privacy single about infidelity, received a tepid and confused response, she figured people just weren’t interested in hearing that kind of song. While Cardi suggested she didn’t mind catering to her audience at times, she also put the onus on those critics to seek out and acknowledge the myriad female rappers who are writing about other topics.

“There’s a lot of female rappers that be rapping they *** off and don’t be talking about they ***** and don’t be talking about getting down and dirty, and y’all don’t be supporting them! Y’all don’t be supporting them and they be mad dope! These bloggers don’t support them, they don’t give them the recognition, so don’t blame that **** on us, when y’all not the ones that’s supporting them.”

Basically these guys are barking up the wrong tree.

Dont hate the player...

Cardi = supply, Demand = the market. Simple. Obviosly there is a demand for the supply.

This is business.

No artist, actor, or athelete is responsible for raising our daugters or sons.

Also - whats this about ****** rape???

Anyway -

The difference is none of the men came forward. Duh!

No victim = no crime.

131422510899.gif

Because we generally aren’t allowed the opportunity to be cultured and adventurous. I went to public and then private schools when I was young. The experiences were night and day between what you get exposed to. The private school had all types of different cuisines and cultural things where as none of that existed in public schools. This also goes hand in hand with how white kids are told to travel the world and explore but that’s not told to us etc

Back
Top Bottom