Black Culture Discussion Thread

Better question is why are you calling a gatekeeper? :lol:

He does do too much at times but he makes great points at times. Son is definitely mixed also.

Shaun%20King%20sophomore.png

If you google they did an investigation and found out both his biological parents are both white.

I say he’s a gatekeeper because as soon as anything pop up about civil rights or police brutality it’s on his Twitter first. I wouldn’t mind if he had some black in him but he 100% white like milk.

If you google they did an investigation and found out both his biological parents are both white.

I say he’s a gatekeeper because as soon as anything pop up about civil rights or police brutality it’s on his Twitter first. I wouldn’t mind if he had some black in him but he 100% white like milk.

This is what I found

"I refuse to speak in detail about the nature of my mother's past, or her sexual partners, and I am gravely embarrassed to even be saying this now, but I have been told for most of my life that the white man on my birth certificate is not my biological father and that my actual biological father is a light-skinned black man. My mother and I have discussed her affair. She was a young woman in a bad relationship and I have no judgment. This has been my lived reality for nearly 30 of my 35 years on earth. I am not ashamed of it, or of who I am — never that — but I was advised by my pastor nearly 20 years ago that this was not a mess of my doing and it was not my responsibility to fix it. All of my siblings and I have different parents. I'm actually not even sure how many siblings I have. It is horrifying to me that my most personal information, for the most nefarious reasons, has been forced out into the open and that my private past and pain have been used as jokes and fodder to discredit me and the greater movement for justice in America. I resent that lies have been reported as truth and that the obviously racist intentions of these"

None of us know for sure. He don't look all white. Just like Rashida Jones looks white until you see certain features. I'm not about to debate what he is or isn't though. :lol:

Hey, Rosa Parks didn't look like Harriet Tubman, but I'll be damned if I ain't rolling with BOTH Harriet and Rosa.

'eff what ya' heard....:lol:

F7CEFA59-33E5-44EC-A917-6CBE1925BC3D.png

Rachel Dolziel 2.0

he just be dying the hell out of his hair.

I don’t hate him, he seems like a cool dude, but as I said having a white man be the gatekeeper and most influential civil rights guy in the media rubs me the wrong way.

Hey, Rosa Parks didn't look like Harriet Tubman, but I'll be damned if I ain't rolling with BOTH Harriet and Rosa.

'eff what ya' heard....:lol:

There’s no debating that Rosa Parks was black.

Shaun King however there is an actual debate about whatever he is black. He don’t look black at all.

edit- also today is Rosa Parks birthday 🎂. HBD Queen

F7CEFA59-33E5-44EC-A917-6CBE1925BC3D.png

Rachel Dolziel 2.0

he just be dying the hell out of his hair.

I don’t hate him, he seems like a cool dude, but as I said having a white man be the gatekeeper and most influential civil rights guy in the media rubs me the wrong way.
Ay, but if folks born a man/woman can I identify as a the opposite gender or as no gender at all, why cant these folks "feel" like they're black?

She was too dark skinned for the civil rights leaders to get behind. Rosa was "fair skinned" and they felt she would be.a.better image to get behind

Nah Fam.

At the time, Parks was a seamstress in a local department store but was also a secretary of the Montgomery chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People (NAACP).

Colvin knew her very well.

"I became very active in her youth group and we use to meet every Sunday afternoon at the Luther church," she says.

"Ms Parks was quiet and very gentle and very soft-spoken, but she would always say we should fight for our freedom."

Colvin says Parks had the right image to become the face of resistance to segregation because of her previous work with the NAACP. The organisation didn't want a teenager in the role, she says.

Another factor was that before long Colvin became pregnant.

"They said they didn't want to use a pregnant teenager because it would be controversial and the people would talk about the pregnancy more than the boycott," Colvin says.

On the night of Parks' arrest, the Women's Political Council (WPC), a group of black women working for civil rights, began circulating flyers calling for a boycott of the bus system. Soon afterwards, on 5 December, 40,000 African-American bus passengers boycotted the system and that afternoon, black leaders met to form the Montgomery Improvement Association (MIA), electing a young pastor, Martin Luther King Jr, as their president.

Ay, but if folks born a man/woman can I identify as a the opposite gender or as no gender at all, why cant these folks "feel" like they're black?

You can feel anyway you can, but when you profit off anothers historical struggles then it’s a problem.

if I went To the Jewish museum (or whatever) and say I’m a holocaust survivor and I am owed compensation. Then you see how it’s a problem right?

NT lame as hell....this was actually a great thread.
NT has too many busters and decepticons to keep anything authentic.

NT lame as hell....this was actually a great thread.
NT has too many busters and decepticons to keep anything authentic.
You should see how all of the wrong people are in love with Kobe Bryant, for all of the wrong reasons.

If Kobe took a knee with Colin, if Kobe was shown shaking hands with someone like Farrakhan?

The responses to his tragic death would be vastly different here on this site.

Back
Top Bottom