Black Culture Discussion Thread

You must’ve forgot, we live in a society where all kids are supposed to get first place trophies….
Who said anything about participation trophies?

Not just that but you are telling a dude that has a track record of being a great recruiter that his "mindset" is terrible
I was talking about stereotyping, especially when it comes to players from poorer backgrounds.

Funny how we want one thing, but don't have an issue with its opposite the moment the messenger changes...

He didn't just talk about resilience. He also talked about being smart and risk-averse, and his approach to figuring out which player would exhibit which characteristics is reminiscent of the adjectives sports commentators used to use to describe white and black players: cerebral, high football/basketball/soccer IQ, tactical, coach-on-the-field/court/pitch vs athletic, explosive, freak-of-nature, etc...

Just because every coach does it doesn't mean it's right.

Not to mention that resilience and grit manifest themselves in many ways that are not always related to one's socioeconomic background.

…he is really just using a simplistic heuristic of a player’s background as a shortcut, which as a stereotype has obvious downsides but recruiting is an in exact thing & considering the demographics/pool, in this case athletes good enough to play at the collegiate level, it is a bit of splitting hairs as to distinguishing what will make one player a better fit into a coaches program than another…

i do wonder how far it really extends tho, like if a top prospect was literally the opposite of his positional socioeconomic metric(s) would he preference a much less known player that had the ‘preferred’ background, my guess would be no

Taking pics frontin' like prison/jail is lit/the place to be is peak fools wildin'. :smh: :lol:

… and some fools are lining up to save them because that’s what men do… and “sex sells” rings even more true nowadays.

I didn’t even read the comments but I already know it’s dudes on their drooling. That’s our society in a nutshell. Dudes don’t care if they got rap sheets.

Cats probably in the comment saying “shoot, I got a record too!”

There’s literally a reality TV show about marrying inmates:lol:

What’s wrong with them taking pics like that?

They ain’t doing nothing any different than women on social media or male inmates…

Can’t have it both ways
Last thing we need in the community is jail being promoted as a vacation destination for black girls.

They already got black men in there like modern day slavery.

This **** is subconscious programming to the youth

Y'all gotta stop letting this **** rock like they not tryna exterminate us, displace us from our neighborhoods so they can buy up property for cheap.

You people are weird, just remember people in jail/prisons are still HUMAN beings. If they want to take fun photos to pass their time who are we to judge?

Did they say "hey we are taking pictures like this to promote prison"? no, they did not.

You people are weird, just remember people in jail/prisons are still HUMAN beings. If they want to take fun photos to pass their time who are we to judge?

Did they say "hey we are taking pictures like this to promote prison"? no, they did not.

obviously, it’s the context that drives both the interest & the ensuing criticism…negativity gets/goes much farther and by virtue of them being in jail ‘we’ will be more likely to judge them negatively off gp. it is one of the the gifts & curses of the our times, there doesn’t need to be some grand plan or conspiracy to promote negativity, people do this just fine on their own

Fluid is my guy but I don’t need to see pics of JAIL house activities to keep me from going in there :lol: :lol: :lol:

I already knew jail wasn’t for me

Back
Top Bottom