Black Culture Discussion Thread

Walmart is closing stores in Washington, Oregon, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, DC, Hawaii, and Illinois.

Funny that the only time race/crime is brought up is when it comes to Chicago...

Notice how the reporter (at 1:20) says the "local expert" is blaming "crime" when he actually said no such thing (only mentions taxes and regulatory policies).

Last edited:
Is this fr though? Looks very fake.

Walmart is closing stores in Washington, Oregon, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Indiana, New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, DC, Hawaii, and Illinois.

Funny that the only time race/crime is brought up is when it comes to Chicago...

Notice how the reporter (at 1:20) says the "local expert" is blaming "crime" when he actually said no such thing (only mentions taxes and regulatory policies).

the loss prevention stuff does factor in, for sure, but the economic regulatory environment & tax situation of the city of chicago is key, it was kind of a big deal when walmart 1st made inroads into the city proper, most walmart were usually in suburbs around big cities and the city definitely was fighting walmart or at least was trying to ensure that them ‘walmart effect’ didn’t hit like it usually does

Cringe. LV benefits more from hiring him than he does. Another puppet in the grand scheme of the reallocation of black dollars into non black hands :smh:

Not sure that's true.

US$23.2 billion

LVMH reports an "excellent" start to 2023 with revenue of US$23.2 billion. LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has reported a recorded revenue of €21 billion (US$23.2 billion) in the first quarter of 2023, up 17% compared to the same period of 2022.

Both Pharrell and LV benefiting from the collab and I for one (being from Virginia) am glad.

Much success to the brother.

Not to sound negative, but I admit that White people (especially country music singers) love to sell beer to their own people.

Not to sound negative, but I admit that White people (especially the rich ones) love to sell wine to their own people.

Not to sound negative, but...

See how rediculous it sounds?

The way to make money is to supply a demand.

Nothing "easy" about it.

Supply and demand have nothing to do with skin color.

Marketing to a target audience/demographic is just business and cant be used to shame Black people logically.

No matter how its delivered, alcohol is the active ingredient in alcohol :lol:

The demand for alcohol has been here for a very long time.

According to a wonderful study appearing in PNAS, alcohol metabolism appeared in our primate ancestors between 7 and 21 million years ago, long before the human species existed.

The primate population that evolved to metabolize alcohol eventually gave rise, not only to humans, but also to chimps, bonobos, and gorillas, all of which share our ability to break down booze. It turns out that our kind has been able to tolerate alcohol for longer than we've been human.

Prohibition didn't fail because of Eazy E drinking Old Gold :lol:

Cringe. LV benefits more from hiring him than he does. Another puppet in the grand scheme of the reallocation of black dollars into non black hands :smh:

Ignore the messenger, but thoughts?

deuce king deuce king or anyone else

to me, both sentiments on somewhat on the same wavelength and i gotta admit that i’m also somewhat conflicted about both, superficially the question both ask is kinda about the utility of the black celebrity to sell ‘dysfunction’ pre-supposing that spending on/promoting expensive high fashion & alcohol consumption, especially in service of lining someone else’s (that’s not black?) pockets, are inherently negative things?

with the luxury brand ting, i don’t just think it’s really all that relevant in terms of how/where folks spend their money nor are most people paying any attention to it…then there’s the whole ambiguity of the celebrity creative/designer title aspect where because pharrell (taking nothing away from his experiences/successes in & around fashion for the past decades) is pharrell he seemingly gets an opportunity that more ‘qualified’ trained designers would not; such is life…it’s always cool to see a black person succeed when they are good people tho, and in this hyphenated time seeing folks move into all these different spaces and actually do/rep good work is inspiring

never been a drinker, so my bias/perception is already somewhat negative about alcohol generally, i guess…but i don’t begrudge anyone getting paid for endorsing the things they are already into, it’s only a ‘problem’ (it’s not like one can be forced to drink, folk have to make a conscious decision to drink and most people do drink relatively responsibly) when it’s hypocritical…but that’s more of a moral argument

No, no, lol the family has. It’s just our turns to take over the reins. I’ve told my cousins time and time again but them fools can barely stay free. Always in and out of jail. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The way to make money is to supply a demand.

Nothing "easy" about it.

Supply and demand have nothing to do with skin color.

Marketing to a target audience/demographic is just business and cant be used to shame Black people logically.

No matter how its delivered, alcohol is the active ingredient in alcohol :lol:

The demand for alcohol has been here for a very long time.

According to a wonderful study appearing in PNAS, alcohol metabolism appeared in our primate ancestors between 7 and 21 million years ago, long before the human species existed.

The primate population that evolved to metabolize alcohol eventually gave rise, not only to humans, but also to chimps, bonobos, and gorillas, all of which share our ability to break down booze. It turns out that our kind has been able to tolerate alcohol for longer than we've been human.

Prohibition didn't fail because of Eazy E drinking Old Gold :lol:
Black people definitely gotta start getting some gun advertising money then, we missing out on the bag.

Black people definitely gotta start getting some gun advertising money then, we missing out on the bag.

They definitely not having that again :lol:

1687878686969.png

They definitely not having that again :lol:

1687878686969.png

y’all heard of that dude colin noir tho? saw an ad with dude for some crazy souped up high tech gun locker/storage type deal 😂😂😂

*edit*

it wasn’t an ad but a youtube review, that was probably an ad in all likelihood 😂

Last edited:

To answer from my point of view DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican regarding Boyce Watkins post….many people drink and don’t have a drinking problem. Some do yes but not everyone who drinks has a drinking problem. At the end of the day people need to practice SELF CONTROL. Either you have it, need to improve upon it, or you don’t.

I view it no differently than someone who drives too fast that has a sports car. Just because you have a sports car doesn’t mean you have to drink fast. As the saying……..”where there is DEMAND…….SOMEONE will supply”

They love blaming EVERYTHING on rap. People
Been getting high and drunk for millennia.

Blame the Egyptians and Mesopotamians

I don’t even smoke or drink but damn, some people just miserable and always want to blame hip hop

Again, we ain’t the ones growing poppy seeds, coca leaves, (some us make moonshine) but they (people like Boyce) never blame the manufacturers.

Men like Boyce are Lowkey jealous that they’re not revered like athletes or rappers. Them dudes be seething mad that they don’t have that kind of lifestyle or admiration

Not sure that's true.

US$23.2 billion

LVMH reports an "excellent" start to 2023 with revenue of US$23.2 billion. LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has reported a recorded revenue of €21 billion (US$23.2 billion) in the first quarter of 2023, up 17% compared to the same period of 2022.

Both Pharrell and LV benefiting from the collab and I for one (being from Virginia) am glad.

Much success to the brother.
At least it’s not like Ciroc and Diddy. Not only did he not own Ciroc they played here for Casamigos and now completely took the brand away.

I don’t think Black people drink more because 50 Cent, or Diddy, or whoever, owns or is doing commercials for a liquor brand. Your drunk Uncle been an alcoholic before Ciroc dropped. If these Black owned brands disappeared, bottles are still going to get sold, more money would just go to the pockets of white owned brands so nothing has been solved.

Back
Top Bottom