Black Culture Discussion Thread

Too many single women in the world to be going after a joint that’s in a serious relationship.

Also, that’s a great way to get shot by a crazy bf/husband. I’m good

What if the JOINT comes at you? Y’all need to stop thinking it’s always men. I was with my female cousin at a grocery store once. The chic in front of us was staring me down (of course she didn’t know my female acquaintance was my relative). Anyway, after we all cash out, me and my cousin walk out. Drop our stuff in the trunk.

(I see old girl who was eyeing me, getting assisted by a bag boy who helped her put her bags in her BMW). So, me and my cousin walk into Family Dollar, it’s all in the same shopping plaza.

Guess who walks in after us? Old girl in the BMW. So, me and my cousin are at the cash register about to check out. She tells me she forgot to get plates and asks me to go get some.

As I go get the plates, guess who followed me over there and literally HANDS me plates? Old girl who was in the grocery store. She was on my trail like a beetle. I’m like really? What if that wasn’t my cousin, but my real girlfriend?

Chic was bold as hell trying to get my attention/flirting.

Long story short, women are just as aggressive as men. Men can be in a relationship and women want you more.

A man like me? I’m smashing if she throws it at me. Chances are her dude is cheating too :lol:

My daughter was this close to missing Christmas this year. But I'm soft so she got presents...she didn't get her big ticket item though. It's in my closet until she straightens up.

Taking away dinner ain't traumatic (though I get her point) so missing out on gifts definitely ain't gonna cross my traumatic threshold. I bet those folks never had a whooping if they think that stuff is trauma.

Watkins be talking out his ***. The “Black community has more money than most countries”. Well yeah there’s more Black ppl in America than the total populations of most countries so that’s not shocking :lol:

I’m all for Black businesses, but that alone isn’t gonna fix our financial struggles in this country due to systemic racism. It’ll help, but it ain’t a cure all.

Watkins be talking out his ***. The “Black community has more money than most countries”. Well yeah there’s more Black ppl in America than the total populations of most countries so that’s not shocking :lol:

I’m all for Black businesses, but that alone isn’t gonna fix our financial struggles in this country due to systemic racism. It’ll help, but it ain’t a cure all.

Before discussing our financial struggles or systemic racism…….our biggest problem is and has been single parents households for the last few decades. We aren’t fixing anything within our community until we fix and get back to FAMILIES…..which is the foundation of any community. Getting rid of single parent households should be our only concern right now.

Before discussing our financial struggles or systemic racism…….our biggest problem is and has been single parents households for the last few decades. We aren’t fixing anything within our community until we fix and get back to FAMILIES…..which is the foundation of any community. Getting rid of single parent households should be our only concern right now.
The % of Black children living in two parent households is the highest it’s been since 1980 and it’s been trending up the last 10 years.

Guess what happened in the late 70s?
Mass incarceration. Which is a result of systemic racism. They’re inextricably linked.

The % of Black children living in two parent households is the highest it’s been since 1980 and it’s been trending up the last 10 years.

Guess what happened in the late 70s?
Mass incarceration. Which is a result of systemic racism. They’re inextricably linked.
Clarify what you mean by 'highest'. Although the percentage has increased from 39% to 42% in the last few years, it is still the same as the highest percentage recorded in the last 40 years. Over the last decade, the percentage has consistently remained in the high 30s and has only recently increased by a couple of percent.

Clarify what you mean by 'highest'. Although the percentage has increased from 39% to 42% in the last few years, it is still the same as the highest percentage recorded in the last 40 years. Over the last decade, the percentage has consistently remained in the high 30s and has only recently increased by a couple of percent.
He said, "highest since 1980."

The percentage of black two-parent households was higher in the 70s, but the 70s also coincide with the start of the war on drugs, which played a significant role in the decrease of percent of black two-parent households. The war on drugs was racially motivated.

Back
Top Bottom