Black Culture Discussion Thread

That Cam stuff really bothers me man.

You are in the presence of a living legend and THIS is *** we treat HIM?

"They" aren't doing that to their legends. They wouldn't do that to a damn Mark Brummel. It's sad man.

Don't see that type of stuff at the Manning camp at all. They kick kids for showing up late too.

Cam gotta stop letting these kids get comfortable with him too. He's had a few situations on video where he going back and forth with 'em. Kick they lil bad *** out.

That Cam stuff really bothers me man.

You are in the presence of a living legend and THIS is *** we treat HIM?

"They" aren't doing that to their legends. They wouldn't do that to a damn Mark Brummel. It's sad man.
"They" are disrespecting their own parents and yelling at them like "Shut up, Sarah! You can't tell me what to do!"

Please don't try to make it seem like disrespectful *** ungrateful kids are a black thing :lol:

Don't see that type of stuff at the Manning camp at all. They kick kids for showing up late too.

Cam gotta stop letting these kids get comfortable with him too. He's had a few situations on video where he going back and forth with 'em. Kick they lil bad *** out.

it’s the unfortunate downside of being an accessible/somewhat amenable personality & i would suspect maybe sees himself in some of these kids as he has a similarly brash/confident persona but he ain’t nip that in the bud when it started, so now it probably provokes line stepping & the kids know they can get a reaction out of him

As my Dad taught me growing up…….”the more you do for a ***** the less they appreciate you”. Hopefully Cam does the right thing and shuts this camp down permanently. Let these little ****** suffer.

Most likely this incident is another direct result of single parent households yet again. The vast majority of these dudes grew up with no father in the household so of course they aren’t going to respect a grown man out in public.
Nah, you can't let the few eff it for the many and tuck your tail and run at the first sign adversity. He needs better security or something but no need to shut it down off of one incident unless I'm missing a backstory on this.

"They" are disrespecting their own parents and yelling at them like "Shut up, Sarah! You can't tell me what to do!"

Please don't try to make it seem like disrespectful *** ungrateful kids are a black thing :lol:

Not sure how you came to the conclusion THAT was what I was implying but ok.

Was it a camp or tournament? I reading different stuff. Whatever teams were involved in the fight should be invited back.

Yea Cam shouldn’t shut down the camp but keep it strictly business…The attendees pay, he shows em somefootball stuff and dips…No choppin it up or extra’s, that’s why folks don’t be wildin at other camps

Nah, you can't let the few eff it for the many and tuck your tail and run at the first sign adversity. He needs better security or something but no need to shut it down off of one incident unless I'm missing a backstory on this.

You just proved my point. The fact that you say Cam “needs better security” is a sign that he needs to be elsewhere and set it a camp where all the kids and more importantly the parents will truly appreciate his efforts. If you “need security” at a 7 on 7 football camp you are dealing with the wrong kids and on the wrong side of town.

We need more black people to have a Joe Clark mentality when it comes to dealing with certain kinds of black kids……”and that’s why I threw those BASTARDS out…..and that’s all I’m going to say!!”

My bad. The "They" is usually a pretty obvious and clear meaning given the context here. But if that's not what you meant, ok.

Yea just notice how others replied to what I said. That was more in line with what I was implying.

I was speaking about the respect given to their athletes @ their camps.

Not about them cussing out their parents which is true but irrelevant to this discussion.

I think we need to address the elephant in the room. Who raised these children? Everyone wants to talk about Boomers and Gen Z, but its US. Millennials. My generation is terrible at parenting.

You just proved my point. The fact that you say Cam “needs better security” is a sign that he needs to be elsewhere and set it a camp where all the kids and more importantly the parents will truly appreciate his efforts. If you “need security” at a 7 on 7 football camp you are dealing with the wrong kids and on the wrong side of town.

We need more black people to have a Joe Clark mentality when it comes to dealing with certain kinds of black kids……”and that’s why I threw those BASTARDS out…..and that’s all I’m going to say!!”

Throw em out, carry a bat (a bat is a form of security imo :lol: ) but don't shut it down because of those 5 *** hats. Not everybody on the wrong side of town wants to be there.

Last edited:
I think we need to address the elephant in the room. Who raised these children?

Now we are getting somewhere. As I said earlier, the answer is single parent households……and lots of them unfortunately. Most of these kids CAN’T respect a grown black man……..because they were never around, parented, or involved with one growing up. Situations like this end up being the end result.

Throw em out, carry a bat but don't shut it down because of those 5 *** hats. Not everybody on the wrong side of town wants to be there.
Negative champ. If that community or those kids want athletes like Cam or others to step in and help out with events like this then even the kids that were not involved fighting Cam should have jumped in and stopped the other kids fighting Cam.

That video is a bad representation on not just those kids fighting but that ENTIRE football camp and participants. Black folks can’t continue to just to isolate themselves and say “nah that ain’t me…..it won’t effect me”……cause eventually it will. If you with someone and that person does something messed up…..that’s on you as well for rolling with that person.

…..and if those kids don’t want to be on that side of town then they need to start acting like it then.

Last edited:
Now we are getting somewhere. As I said earlier, the answer is single parent households……and lots of them unfortunately. Most of these kids CAN’T respect a grown black man……..because they were never around, parented, or involved with one growing up. Situations like this end up being the end result.

Negative champ. If that community or those kids want athletes like Cam or others to step in and help out with events like this then even the kids that were not involved fighting Cam should have jumped in and stopped the other kids fighting Cam.

That video is a bad representation on not just those kids fighting but that ENTIRE football camp and participants. Black folks can’t continue to just to isolate themselves and say “nah that ain’t me…..it won’t effect me”……cause eventually it will. If you with someone and that person does something messed up…..that’s on you as well for rolling with that person.
So the Joe Clark mentality was just something for you to say but not actually mean, Joe was on the wrong side of town if you didn't know. It's easy to say **** them kids when dealing with young brown and black men.

As my Dad taught me growing up…….”the more you do for a ***** the less they appreciate you”. Hopefully Cam does the right thing and shuts this camp down permanently. Let these little ****** suffer.

Most likely this incident is another direct result of single parent households yet again. The vast majority of these dudes grew up with no father in the household so of course they aren’t going to respect a grown man out in public.
I agree with a lot of what you say on here Duece, and this paragraph is no different.

I would add the caveat that I don't think it's necessarily the single parent problem, as a product of a technical "single" parent household (raised by my pops) even though I had both parents in my life.

I think the real issue is a no-parent household. Truth is parenthood isn't about being in the house but actually raising the child. The problem isn't lack of fathers, but a lack of true mothers too. Parenting doesn't take money, it takes time, care and maturity. Severely lacking in our communities.

…..and if those kids don’t want to be on that side of town then they need to start acting like it then.

I agree with a lot of what you say on here Duece, and this paragraph is no different.

I would add the caveat that I don't think it's necessarily the single parent problem, as a product of a technical "single" parent household (raised by my pops) even though I had both parents in my life.

I think the real issue is a no-parent household. Truth is parenthood isn't about being in the house but actually raising the child. The problem isn't lack of fathers, but a lack of true mothers too. Parenting doesn't take money, it takes time, care and maturity. Severely lacking in our communities.

not saying these thing aren’t problems that need addressing, but a few of the vids that have went viral w/kids getting out of pocket w/cam were kids that weren’t black nor did they look like the were from ‘that side of town,’ granted you can’t tell these things from a clip but i would think the disrespect of cam has more to do w/the internet norm of trolling bleeding more into real world interactions…

I think we need to address the elephant in the room. Who raised these children? Everyone wants to talk about Boomers and Gen Z, but its US. Millennials. My generation is terrible at parenting.

There's a lot grown children raising children out there.

I do kinda think we may have overcorrected a bit. There was a period where folks didn't recognize the negative effects of social media and attention across the board, but now they are starting to.

Might as well wait for Cam Newton to speak on it himself.

From the video I saw, the person who assaulted Newton was no "youth"...had a full beard :lol:

Edit:

Last edited:
Everyone who is your color is not your kind.

It is best to learn that early and never forget it.

The fact that those are grown men who haven't learned that yet, and are so shocked by this information that their voices have reached high octaves, is very telling of them more so than others.

Directing "We all we got" energy to someone you've never met before is wild.

What do you mean by "we"?

Self defense would have applied if Cam slept one of the adult perpetrators. Emphasis on adult :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom