Black Culture Discussion Thread

I think the issue is more so the message to black folk. That you not somebody or successful until you drop racks at these corny european 'high fashion' luxury brands.

This shh is by design if you really delve into it. These black celebrities are propped up to influence black consumers. Black folk love to consume but don't produce. Scroll through social media and you see black folk wearing plain tees with big european brand letters on the front like celine, balenciaga, gucci, LV etc. Ish is bizzare.

Bernard Arnault is the richest man in the world through LVMH catering to black folk. Let that sink in.

There are two types of people in this world, producers and consumers and the producers have most of the wealth and power.

White, Asian, Arab, Indian, etc. all buy designer products. Even the ones with logos plastered on them. I was just in Lisbon and seen a crew of White dudes and an East asian family buying out the LV store.

LVMH doesn't need Jay-Z wearing a LV jacket to influence those groups when the biggest names in sports are the face of the campaign. Fun fact, they're not Black.

1710278660341.png

1710278751906.png

Its a have an have-nots things across all cultures.

Man, Floyd don’t owe Mfers s*** (and I’m not even a Floyd fan) (sugar ray Leonard all day)

The same people who be accusing people like Floyd don’t do s*** for their community. Won’t even have a conversation with a homeless person or buy them a black and mild or natural ice. Won’t even speak to their fellow neighbors or just lend a ear to people with lesser finances.

More importantly….. THEY DON’T HOLD THEIR FRIENDS OR FAMILY to the same standard.

I’m sure Floyd has done a LOT for black people. He’s inspired a lot of young boys and girls to be boxers.

I’m sure Floyd does tons of charitable stuff, he just doesn’t broadcast or want attention for it. Floyd been stunting for 20+ years. Folks got issues for real

People just dense

If your algorithms are only showing you folk dripped out in designer logos, you need to follow other account of successful black people (that aren't rappers/athletes/influencers) to broaden your view.

White, Asian, Arab, Indian, etc. all buy designer products. Even the ones with logos plastered on them. I was just in Lisbon and seen a crew of White dudes and an East asian family buying out the LV store.

LVMH doesn't need Jay-Z wearing a LV jacket to influence those groups when the biggest names in sports are the face of the campaign. Fun fact, they're not Black.

1710278660341.png

1710278751906.png

We are the taste makers.

We put the stamp on what is "cool"

Where do you think this man got this from

I just take issue with how folks handle wealth in general. 2 grand will change that man life over there but you're sitting on 2 bill net worth, not doing much. Then again i'm nowhere near that situation.

1710278660341.png

1710278751906.png

This shh is even more insulting to black folk. Y'all wear it and give them free advertisement without being compensated and they pay Messi and Cristiano to be 'the face' of the brand.

Mfs really love being slaves and not being compensated :smh:

I can assure you the company that was created before slavery ended was not made cool because of Black people
And I can assure you brands like Rolls Royce that were about to be extinct survived because they were made cool by black people

...in 2022, for every $100 in wealth held by white households, Black households held only $15.

There are many reasons for this and consumerism is not the main factor.

Gucci's impact on "Black Wealth" is inconsequential compared to the efforts of the Federal Government of the United States.

Redlining, hiring and housing discrimination, biased lending standards, sharecropping, the war on drugs, the war on crime, welfare, the destruction of the black nuclear family, etc.

vs.

A rich man's shopping trip?

Word?

How that man (or anyone else) spends their money is none of our business.

Net housing equity, followed by business equity, drove the largest portion of wealth accumulation for Black Americans from 2019 to 2022, as shown in Figure 3. However, racial disparities in homeownership continue to throttle this growth, with only 44% of Black individuals owning a home, compared to nearly 73% of white individuals—a vestige of discriminatory housing practices such as redlining and blockbusting.

The largest disparity in wealth growth was in stock equity, which made up nearly 30% of white wealth but only 4% of Black wealth. This is indicative of the impact of intergenerational wealth divides resulting in the average white family possessing more investment capital than the average Black family.

But tell me more about Floyd Mayweather's shopping bag as if we were bobbing and weaving with that man in the ring.

Last edited:
This is that soft white liberal racism that bothers me. They think they are doing us a favor by allowing us to be authentic/natural. Nah. You nip that behavior in the bud and tell them, "Don't say that." We can't do that in the real world so why let us do it here?

This shh is even more insulting embarrassing for black folk. Y'all wear it and give them free advertisement without being compensated and they pay Messi and Cristiano to be 'the face' of the brand.

Mfs really love being slaves and not being compensated :smh:
Fixed. They haven't made anyone do anything. They JUST started advertising to us. WE do that. Don't blame them for people poor decision making.

Folks buying designer clothes is on the very low end of the issues…And also it’s a good amount of black brands that ppl spend money on too, says more about yourself if you not coming across them and just see LV or gucci all the time

+

=

American YouTuber, Kai Cenat has appealed to Nigerians that he is in the country for peace after being told network providers MTN, GLO, and Airtel will humble him.

YouTuber has been seen in a video complaining that some Nigerians keep scaring him and that he will be humbled by MTN, GLO, and Airtel.

It appears that Kai Cenat is not aware that MTN, GLO, and Airtel are network providers as he was heard in the video pleading not to get beaten up.

malcolm-x-angry.gif

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
I was interchanging Gucci and LV/LVMH as companies in regards to black people making BOTH brands cool.
Yeah I wouldn't interchange the two.

As far as Gucci I have no problem with folks saying Dapper Dan made it cool ... to cats in Harlem.

Back
Top Bottom