Black Culture Discussion Thread

can anyone any black financial experts outside of Boyce and Claud Anderson?

im curious

edit: Stacy Tisdale

any more??

'Martin' Star Tisha Campbell-Martin Pulls the Plug on Marriage
0222-tisha-campbell-martin-duane-husband-divorce-tmz-getty-5.jpg

http://amp.tmz.com/2018/02/22/marti...n-files-for-divorce?__twitter_impression=true

"Martin" star Tisha Campbell-Martin has filed for divorce from her husband of 22 years.

Tisha, who played Martin Lawrence's wife in the '90s hit, filed divorce docs in L.A. Thursday against her husband, Duane Martin. The two got hitched in 1996 and have two sons together, Ezekiel and Xen.

Tisha tells TMZ, "After 27 years of being together and two amazing children, it pains me to announce that I've filed for divorce. It's an emotional time and I graciously ask for privacy for me, our children and the rest of our family."

We recently got Tisha out with fellow "Martin" stars Martin Lawrence and Tichina Arnold on the heels of rumors the show was making a comeback. They didn't totally spill the beans ... but they came pretty close.
giphy.gif

Racism is Literally Killing African-American Mothers
The chronic stress of racism endangers black moms of all kinds — from Serena Williams to Erica Garner.
8402600896_3d86533357_z.jpg

https://inequality.org/great-divide/racism-killing-african-american-mothers/

At first glance, tennis star Serena Williams and the late activist Erica Garner don’t have much in common. They lived different lives on different ends of the socioeconomic spectrum.

But as black women in America, they both shared horrifying stories due to complications from childbirth.

Our country spends more on health care than any other high-income country — but still holds the worst record for maternal mortality in the developed world.

This maternal health crisis is driven by the high rates of African-American women who die while pregnant or within one year of the end of a pregnancy. Black mothers die at three to four times the rate of white mothers due to pregnancy-related complications.

While existing health disparities can add to the risk, one recent study found that racism is a major driver of the gap.

An issue brief published by the Center for American Progress suggests that stress induced by racial discrimination plays a significant role in the high rates of black women’s maternal mortality.

This trend remains consistent across all education levels and socioeconomic statuses, putting all black pregnant women at risk — from Serena Williams to Erica Garner — regardless of their income and health care access.

As one of the world’s top athletes, Serena Williams takes magnificent care of her physical health. In a Vogue piece on her childbirth experience, her pregnancy was described as “enviably easy.” But things took a turn for the worse the day after Williams’ daughter was born by an emergency C-section

After Williams suddenly felt short of breath, doctors discovered that she had several blood clots settled in her lungs, leading to a six-day health scare that included her fresh C-section wound opening up, internal bleeding in her abdomen, and the tennis star ultimately spending her first six weeks of motherhood unable to get out of bed.

Erica Garner, a 27 year old activist, became nationally known after her father, Eric Garner, was killed by Daniel Pantaleo, a New York police officer, in 2014. The officer, who put the unarmed and unresisting Garner in a fatal chokehold, was never charged and remains an NYPD officer.

Sadly, such trauma and injustice was all too common for Erica. She died in 2017 from complications from childbirth just months after giving birth to her second son. The cause of death was an asthma attack that triggered a heart attack, which ultimately ended her young life.

Although these women represent two radically different stories, one thing they have in common is racial and gender discrimination.

Williams has dealt with derogatory comments for years in the public eye — even while pregnant. In April of last year, former tennis player Ilie Nastase publicly humiliated Williams with a racially charged comment directed towards her unborn child.

As an activist, Garner could not escape the stress of institutional racism. She faced enormous amounts of stress after her father passed away, but that didn’t stop her from becoming a prominent figure in the fight against police brutality.

The New York Times reported that the frustrations of Garner’s activism, in the face of mounting injustice, took a terrible physical toll on her. “I’m struggling right now with the stress and everything,” she said. “This thing, it beats you down. The system beats you down to where you can’t win.”

Both of these black women’s stories highlight an important problem: America can invest trillions of dollars in our health care system, but racism is literally jeopardizing black women’s survival after giving birth.

If we really value the health of our country’s people, then it’s time to create real solutions to America’s deeply rooted systemic racism. Or else racial disparities will continue to bring down our health outcomes, no matter how much we spend.

Erica Garner fought non stop for justice for her pops, while as great as Serena is she receives a ton of hate and racism. What human being wouldn't feel the stress of those situations?

So wait time out....

Them Broward pigs and racist media have the time and resources to run up in Kodak Black's house full swat geared out for some BS.

Then the judge tells him he needs to move out of that neighborhood??
Hmmm I wonder why??

Meanwhile Broward County blew off the numerous 911 calls from Nikolas Cruz's residence and a Broward Deputy is even fired/resigned for not
taking action at the school shooting???

Florida....Hold this racist *** L
giphy.gif

Ummm no we are not....shes going to stay in Minnesota with her French husband.
The French are not allowed in Wakanda...because the French are one of the biggest oppressors of Africa and Haiti.

frances-surya-bonaly-with-her-mother-suzanne-after-winning-the-silver-picture-id685190829

3BBD83B600000578-4078970-image-m-26_1483220612247.jpg
Man I could care less who she marries. She was raised around nothing but white people. I'm more interested in what she represents to little black girls who want to figure skate. We going to just start eliminating every black person who married or dates white? Mellody Hobson married George Lucas who spent his own money bringing red tails to the big screen because Hollywood wasn't interested in an all black movie. Should we get rid of her too? Maybe Diana Ross or Michael Jackson or Prince or half our iconic athletes who were with white people.
I'm all about strictly dating and marrying a black woman but I won't project my preference on anyone else. Especially those who face adversity and break barriers allowing other black people to get in. I wish we all would marry black, but I'm more concerned with being given equal opportunity to succeed

So wait time out....

Them Broward pigs and racist media have the time and resources to run up in Kodak Black's house full swat geared out for some BS.

Then the judge tells him he needs to move out of that neighborhood??
Hmmm I wonder why??

Meanwhile Broward County blew off the numerous 911 calls from Nikolas Cruz's residence and a Broward Deputy is even fired/resigned for not
taking action at the school shooting???

Florida....Hold this racist *** L
giphy.gif

Broward top 3 most corrupt country in the USA

Ummm no we are not....shes going to stay in Minnesota with her French husband.
The French are not allowed in Wakanda...because the French are one of the biggest oppressors of Africa and Haiti.

frances-surya-bonaly-with-her-mother-suzanne-after-winning-the-silver-picture-id685190829

3BBD83B600000578-4078970-image-m-26_1483220612247.jpg

I feel you but I wouldn't discredit what she did just because she is swirling.

Young black girls in figure skating and gymnastics are still praising the political and athletic stance she took with those flips.

Man I could care less who she marries. She was raised around nothing but white people. I'm more interested in what she represents to little black girls who want to figure skate. We going to just start eliminating every black person who married or dates white? Mellody Hobson married George Lucas who spent his own money bringing red tails to the big screen because Hollywood wasn't interested in an all black movie. Should we get rid of her too? Maybe Diana Ross or Michael Jackson or Prince or half our iconic athletes who were with white people.
I'm all about strictly dating and marrying a black woman but I won't project my preference on anyone else. Especially those who face adversity and break barriers allowing other black people to get in. I wish we all would marry black, but I'm more concerned with being given equal opportunity to succeed

Oh don't get it twisted you right she hella talented and did something incredible.
She is French so of course she was surrounded by them....but as far as Wakanda?
Naw only black men and women unity and companionship....
Interracial relationships are a beautiful thing....
But for a black man and woman especially in America to become one through all the BS oppression and hardships that come with being black in America.
To work together and survive and create more black children together is an even more beautiful thing....

So yea like I said shes welcomed to Wakanda.....without him though:lol:
She gonna have to remarry:rofl:

One of the most recent additions is a black owned underwear company. I post this because basic clothing is something we desperately should be owning. Simple stuff like this, t shirts, socks, etc. Then clothing brands.

'Martin' Star Carl Anthony Payne's Down for Reboot, Talks Netflix

021018-carl-anthony-payne-kal-1080x608.jpg

http://www.tmz.com/2018/02/11/martin-star-carl-anthony-payne-reboot-netflix/

Carl Anthony Payne says the "Martin" show transcends time ... and since he's all in for the show making a comeback, there's no better place than Netflix.

We got Martin Lawrence's pal leaving Mastro's on Thursday night and asked him, first and foremost, if the reboot's gonna happen. Carl dances around the question for a bit before we ask him if he'd be into it. Carl says NO. QUESTION. ABOUT. IT.

He says Martin 2.0 is long overdue and even makes a strong pitch for Netflix to pick up the show. TMZ broke the story ... the "Martin" cast reunited at Morton's ... fueling speculation a reboot's in the works.

Back
Top Bottom