Black Culture Discussion Thread

1571523286491.png

I’m to the point where we shouldn’t care about who claims their blackness, leave those people alone. If Hispanics don’t wanna claim their African ancestry and hide their dark skin family members then lettem. A lot of them are right, they’re not black they’re mestizos, and even those people claiming a black card for supportive benefits and N-word passes, see that Gina Rodriguez chick.

I say let them be but also they need to stay away from us and from our culture, simple.

Thoughts?

Not going to comment on the dating aspect of her discussion, but I do agree with the speaker that the vast majority of “woke/hotep” individuals be doing the absolute most.

The reality of life is that you have to do the best you can with the circumstances you’ve been dealt.

It’s ridiculous and unrealistic the make the assertion that anyone who participates in “The System” is complicit with “The System’s” beliefs and morals.

99.9% of the people in this World don’t have that choice, are wise enough to acknowledge as such.

Not going to comment on the dating aspect of her discussion, but I do agree with the speaker that the vast majority of “woke/hotep” individuals be doing the absolute most.

The reality of life is that you have to do the best you can with the circumstances you’ve been dealt.

It’s ridiculous and unrealistic the make the assertion that anyone who participates in “The System” is complicit with “The System’s” beliefs and morals.

99.9% of the people in this World don’t have that choice, are wise enough to acknowledge as such.
yeah i was w/ here until a certain point. this video has sent me into a bit of wormhole so i'll probably post more. i'm moreso going into these w/ the intent of hearing out these women's pov's rather then agreeing or disagreeing.

I’m to the point where we shouldn’t care about who claims their blackness, leave those people alone. If Hispanics don’t wanna claim their African ancestry and hide their dark skin family members then lettem. A lot of them are right, they’re not black they’re mestizos, and even those people claiming a black card for supportive benefits and N-word passes, see that Gina Rodriguez chick.

I say let them be but also they need to stay away from us and from our culture, simple.

I'm cool with lations but the ones that pick and choose when to bring up their African side are funny. They'll deny being black all day, damn near get offended when you mention where they come from but when they want to talk like us it's "My grandma, and my poppa are black".

Nah, don't work like that. You can't deliberately separate yourself from being black then try to latch onto the cool parts of being black.

Last edited:
Like I said before, indoctrination and white supremacy arent exclusive to ppl outside of the United states and ppl here shouldnt blame the victim.

You have plenty of ****s and shucking and jiving stateside.

We are divided for a reason. We should never lose sight of things and we should always remember why things are how they are and who did this to us.

We cannot progress as a ppl without uniting all of our ppl IMO.

There is so much ignorance surrounding what it means to be a latino and for that matter what it means to be black outside of America and where black ppl are in this world that most ppl IMO arent qualified to speak on it. We need knowledge of self badly.

African and proud

Never forget what was done to all of us. They can never take the African out of us. I dont care what a few ppl stateside said or how ninjahood comes across on here. We are who we are. African.

Personally I do not consider myself African.

I'm Black.

TBH I've never met anyone from any country in Africa (and I've even dated women who were 100% Nigerian and 100% Eritrean) who considered me African either...for a very real reason...and Im more than OK with that...because it's true, I'm not African, even though I'm ADOS.

There is a difference.

That difference is one that Im extremely proud of.

Personally I do not consider myself African.

I'm Black.

TBH I've never met anyone from any country in Africa (and I've even dated women who were 100% Nigerian and 100% Eritrean) who considered me African either...for a very real reason...and Im more than OK with that...because it's true, I'm not African, even though I'm ADOS.

There is a difference.

That difference is one that Im extremely proud of.
I'm w/ u on that homie. I'm American Black and I'm proud,

How are you not African?
The transatlantic slave trade didnt take the African out of you.

The way you speak/pronounce certain words, the music all of us listen to, erc. Directly comes from west Africa.
Ignorance exists on both continents. Nigeria is a colonized country. The United states is also colonized. Adricans are Africans.

White people will win if we embrace what they've done to us and continue the divide they created.

How are you not African?
The transatlantic slave trade didnt take the African out of you.

The way you speak/pronounce certain words, the music all of us listen to, erc. Directly comes from west Africa.
Ignorance exists on both continents. Nigeria is a colonized country. The United states is also colonized. Adricans are Africans.

White people will win if we embrace what they've done to us and continue the divide they created.
It's just that i don't have any connection to Africa, I'm just way too far removed from the continent by like 400yrs. That's why I have a problem w/ being called "African American." I'm not African. And if I were then what type of African am I? Cameroonian, South African, Ethiopian, Egyptian, etc? It's just too broad & ignorant of a term. Not to mention I think it is racist as hell.

I'm American that just so happens to be Black and a American descendant of slavery. Myself and the average Cameroonian likely have nothing in common from a cultural stand point. I'm black and proud of the culture that black americans have built for ourselves. Our influence can literally be seen all the world. We're shifting the paradigm bro. America is just as much as my home as it is that little b*itch david duke.

Our people are destroyed from a lack of knowledge :smh:

Our true heritage and culture was stripped, and stolen for those of you in the know, now our people have to cling to a color. Just because our people were IN west africa, doesn't mean they were FROM west africa. Example: so called black people are currently in america, but are they from this land? NO. But because our people have no idea who they really are, and the so called white man has pounded the slavery/africa narrative into our mind/body/spirit, we just blindly claim "africa" and "black".

Why did most of the ads for slave auctions say NEGROES for sale instead of "africans" for sale?

negroes-for-sale.jpg

Also, the land mass known as "africa" got it's name from a caucasian roman general named Leo Scipio Africanus after he defeated Hannibal in the second Punic Wars, and named the land after himself. Prior to that, it was known as the land of Ham. Who is Ham?

Ham - The progenitor of the dark races; not the Negroes, but the Egyptians, Ethiopians, Libyans and Canaanites.

Not the Negroes? Hmmm...

We are in the age of information brothers, it's time you fact check every bit of "history" the so called white man pushes on you.

vile devils come in all colors .....trust no one
black unity in a time of peace is a myth
it would be silly to classify yourself to a whole race of folks who have nothing in common but color of skin when no one is actively pushing us off the edge of the cliff
ABK/EBK
I only wanna be brothas and sistas when it comes time to kill and die...show me then
Shout out to them Haitians Nat, Harriet and Soukjorner doe....
P0031_image0003.jpg

Last edited:
vile devils come in all colors .....trust no one
black unity in a time of peace is a myth
it would be silly to classify yourself to a whole race of folks who have nothing in common but color of skin when no one is actively pushing us off the edge of the cliff
ABK/EBK
I only wanna be brothas and sistas when it comes time to kill and die...show me then
Shout out to them Haitians Nat, Harriet and Soukjorner doe....
P0031_image0003.jpg
u really believe in the "race war" when race relations are actually improving?

Back
Top Bottom