Black Culture Discussion Thread

Im not with it (interracial adoption) ..to each their own , the vibes always came off odd to me though ( the white dude brad pitt & the chick he was married to was on that tip..adopting black babies) vibes always came off funnystyle to me

I agree it does give off funny vibes. I remember one time in Harlem, I saw like 3 white families with adopted black children in the same day - almost seemed like accessories to them. That, along with the gentrification had me thinking a lot that day.

Brought it up with my boys, and their argument was what if these white families actually did provide a better situation for these kids than what they came from?

Last edited:
Thoughts on Interracial Adoption? (Also referred to as Transracial Adoption)

I'm from a small rural area and this family in my area adopted two black children. (The family is very country, raise cattle and farm for a living.) I (myself interracially adopted (Korean) ) have had talks with my parents that these children will have experiences that their parents can't relate to. They might have identity issues. My parents disagreed with me.
ezgif-6-c5ae8fe3bcc7.jpg

They will definitely have identity issues.

Will never forget this Black girl I went to middle school with who was adopted, she never hung with Black people and she used to go tanning. She was dark skin but wanted to be like her friends and use the tanning beds. :smh:

You just end up raising a educated fool, with a better "lifestyle". I know a few of black women (mainly Caribbean) that are disconnected with what blackness actually is. The parents are usually the problem. These women went to high profile colleges, or lived in white neighborhoods and figured that's what's needed for them to succeed, only to be discriminated when they reach that law firm or whatever high end job they get.

If there is a disconnect with non interracial parents raising children can you imagine the madness on the flip side.

They will definitely have identity issues.

Will never forget this Black girl I went to middle school with who was adopted, she never hung with Black people and she used to go tanning. She was dark skin but wanted to be like her friends and use the tanning beds. :smh:

Smh girl was lost

The New York Renaissance "Rens" were the 1st fully all black, black owned professional Black American basketball team founded in Harlem & formed in 1923.
1589401116919.png

Back
Top Bottom