Black Culture Discussion Thread

Idk man unless Dapper Dan took over NY they day he got there, I think black folks been on Gucci before even that. Blazing Saddles came out in 1974.

Bully on the Block on X: #Shoutout to Cleavon Little for rocking that #Gucci  saddle bag in the old west!!! #Blazing… https://t.co/St2NRE8Dm9  https://t.co/2Rucdpk0vG / X

Basically meaning this was already a stereotype.

Idk man unless Dapper Dan took over NY they day he got there, I think black folks been on Gucci before even that. Blazing Saddles came out in 1974.

Bully on the Block on X: #Shoutout to Cleavon Little for rocking that #Gucci  saddle bag in the old west!!! #Blazing… https://t.co/St2NRE8Dm9  https://t.co/2Rucdpk0vG / X

Basically meaning this was already a stereotype.
Facts.

Aside, Walt Frazier was pushing Rolls Royces in the early 70s. He didn't need hip-hop to make it cool. It already was...to rich people.

sports-2011-03-nba-package-clyde-frazier-frazier_628x434.jpg

download667.jpg

Vice President Kamala Harris and rapper Fat Joe led a White House discussion Friday on easing marijuana penalties, with Harris saying it’s “absurd” that the federal government classifies marijuana as more dangerous than fentanyl, the synthetic opioid blamed for tens of thousands of deaths annually the United States.

Harris, a former state prosecutor in California, also criticized the federal classification of cannabis as “patently unfair.” The government currently is reviewing how it classifies marijuana, and Harris urged that the process be wrapped up as quickly as possible.

Fat Joe, a Grammy-nominated artist and philanthropist whose real name is Joseph Cartagena, moderated a subsequent closed-door discussion that included Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear and individuals who received pardons for prior marijuana convictions.

Cartagena opened the roundtable by saying he’s hot on the issue of price transparency in health care “but, today, when the vice president calls me, I stop everything.”

He got a little ahead of himself when he proceeded to dismiss journalists so the closed-door discussion could begin, prompting Harris to tell him to “hold on” because she had a statement to make, too.

Joe Biden could end all this foolishness with an executive order.

Last edited:
"What is peak Blackness? What does the best of us look like?", are questions that need to be posed to our youth.

I’m more embarrassed at the fact that she doesn’t see anything inappropriate or wrong about her actions. People really out there rabid a*** minds out here :lol: :lol:

Eh…….I have more of an issue with her cranberry hair as opposed to her rap career that is going nowhere. However, for what she does….rather use to do as a teacher of the young I would prefer her to be more professional but that’s just me. Meaning no hood rich rap videos.

Want to be everything EXCEPT black. Man, I wish it was the 70s where black women embraced the natural and Afro.

That colorful mess and the lashes be looking crazy

Respectibility politics is racism. I think it's fair to want to be professional and critique professionalism with that lens. Professionalism, like health and many other things is viewed primarily through its proximity to whiteness

The teacher messed up by not doing her rap thing on the low…Teachers have to still keep a certain image or pretend to have that image outside of the classroom else it’s gon be issues, just one of these type of jobs

The teacher messed up by not doing her rap thing on the low…Teachers have to still keep a certain image outside of the classroom else it’s gon be issues, just one of these type of jobs

Social media is the death of a lot these so called “professionals”

Exactly. They literally sign off in it their employee had books. People in certain positions think they shouldn’t be held to certain standards. It’s not the case

The teacher messed up by not doing her rap thing on the low…Teachers have to still keep a certain image or pretend to have that image outside of the classroom else it’s gon be issues, just one of these type of jobs
She put the kids in the damn video

You think a parent gonna hear that and think “wow, I’m sure this person will have a positive influence on my child”. She’s a cold idiot.

No one becomes a rapper to be on the low. Contrary to KRS-One.
The type of rapper she’s trying to be yea it’s hard to be low key, but this isn’t true for every body trying to rap…It’s teachers out there in the studio on their off time trying to make it and nobody but their circle knows

And it’s more about the image anyway, doubt parents would complain too much if shorty was rapping bout Jesus instead of trying to be a hot girl and throwing up signs with students in the vid :lol: …I’ll bet this the attention she wanted anyway, knew what she was doing

As a teacher I get it but it's dumb. You're holding people you're paying the bare minimum to some of the highest standards of any profession in the country.

With that being said I don't agree with her actions, she also shouldn't have involved the students once that line is crossed you're now mixing your job as an educator and they have grounds to terminate your employment. If the students weren't in the video I would be on her side.

I’m more embarrassed at the fact that she doesn’t see anything inappropriate or wrong about her actions. People really out there rabid a*** minds out here :lol: :lol:
I mean when you live in a world where we have attempted to "empower" everyone for doing what the hell they want and removed shamed from shameful behavior; OF COURSE she doesn't think what she is doing is wrong.

She has students in her video and she is cussing. Pretty clear to me there's an issue.

Back
Top Bottom