BLACK FRIDAY 2009!!! THE FALL OUT!!! STORIES & BOUNTIES!!!

Originally Posted by KiiidThrash

Originally Posted by sinser13

Karmaloop Info:
got this from some site.
"The Karmaloop Black Friday Sale will go live on November 27, 2009."
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
what was there sale last year?
everything 50% off.
EVERYTHING?
nerd.gif

Here we go, it was an employee
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/shopping_blog/2008/11/wal-mart-employ.html

Click here to find out more!
California Consumer
To live and buy in L.A.

« Previous Post | California Consumer Home | Next Post »
UPDATED: Wal-Mart employee dies on Black Friday after being knocked down by shoppers
November 28, 2008 | 11:03 am

** UPDATE: Wal-Mart just released an updated statement from Hank Mullany, a senior vice president and president of the company's Northeast division. Itincludes this passage: "We expected a large crowd this morning and added additional internal security, additional third party security, additional storeassociates and we worked closely with the Nassau County Police. We also erected barricades. Despite all of our precautions, this unfortunate eventoccurred."

** UPDATE: A "personal dispute" at a Palm Desert Toys Us at 11:30 a.m. left two men dead from gunshot wounds. Read the full story here.

It's every Black Friday shopper's and security guard's worst nightmare.

Overeager shoppers jostling to get into a Wal-Mart on New York's Long Island trampled an employee to death this morning in the rush to snatch some gooddeals.

Also caught in that chaos at the Valley Stream, N.Y., store: a 28-year-old pregnant woman and at least three other shoppers who suffered minor injuries.

According to a police statement, the death happened at 5:03 a.m., minutes after Wal-Marts across the country opened their doors to the holiday rush.

The employee, a 34-year-old man, suffered "an undetermined death" when a "throng of shoppers ... physically broke down the doors, knocking himto the ground," according to the statement. He was declared dead at a nearby hospital at 6:03 a.m.

Wal-Mart was tight-lipped about the accident, saying in a statement that its officials are still working with Nassau County Police. The statement called thesituation "tragic," added that the employee was working for a temporary agency and confirmed that several customers were also injured.

At a Best Buy in the Glendale area this morning, frustration and impatience caused several small fights to break out in the crowd before doors opened,according to police officers patrolling the front of the store.

--Tiffany Hsu

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

do these people (who line up 24-48hours) have real jobs and just take DAYS OFF or purely resellers?

i work for the government and we get paid for today and tomorrow and im pretty sure there are many people in college who dont have jobs and are on break, inaddition to those who dont have a rel job due to the economy

Plan on going to BestBuy around 11 pm. If the line is too big, I'm leaving. I'm gonna do most of my shopping online though. Maybe head out to BellevueSquare around 10 or 11.

anoyone have any idea what time Footaction or FTL opens? I know my local mall opens at 6 but idk if those stores will be open yet.

Originally Posted by 35KD

Plan on going to BestBuy around 11 pm. If the line is too big, I'm leaving. I'm gonna do most of my shopping online though. Maybe head out to Bellevue Square around 10 or 11.

dont even bother

Is there a Constant flow of customers all day? Like I`'d expect most places thatopen at 4 or 5 to be dead by 12 pm

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Is there a Constant flow of customers all day? Like I`'d expect most places thatopen at 4 or 5 to be dead by 12 pm

When I used to work at Circuit City we had constant flow of people all day.

Originally Posted by marcgrat

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

When I used to work at Circuit City we had constant flow of people all day.

Yea I work at Best Buy and Us and Wal Mart will be the craziest, I work in Computers to Make things worse. Thats wild I thought it would usually just be ODcrazy at the beginning then die down.

I'm gonna try and rob the people camping out tonight in front of all these stores
devil.gif

Spoiler [+]
Nah i'm jus playin

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Originally Posted by NEIGHB0RH00D

Any deals at H&M?
this is answered like 3 pages back

I googled many sites and they say 20% off 50$ or more but I've also read that people are getting emails about 50% off. Any confirmation for this? Trying tohelp out my brother.
Thanks.

^you can attempt, and maybe you'll get lucky and the line isnt too long.
i wouldnt count on it though.

Originally Posted by jretro23

Originally Posted by Rafool

Originally Posted by sinser13

Karmaloop Info:
got this from some site.
"The Karmaloop Black Friday Sale will go live on November 27, 2009."
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
what was there sale last year?
everything 50% off.
EVERYTHING?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Hopefully its like that this year.. I def need some more tees

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by 35KD

Plan on going to BestBuy around 11 pm. If the line is too big, I'm leaving. I'm gonna do most of my shopping online though. Maybe head out to Bellevue Square around 10 or 11.

dont even bother
hey, speak on what you know--I live in a quiet suburb and it was pretty chill.

I did my shopping online already. Got a blu ray player for 149 with Watchmen for free and a rack of dvd's from Best Buy and Amazon. None of those deals inthe ads for Best Buy are worth getting up extra early and fighting a mob of people over. Plus all the hot products that are cheap have bad customer ratings.

Yo tell me if this is true cuz my boy keep telling me this.

He says that you can go online to bestbuy and order the hp latop for 179 at midnight?

Is this true? I didnt even see it in the ads

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

I did my shopping online already. Got a blu ray player for 149 with Watchmen for free and a rack of dvd's from Best Buy and Amazon. None of those deals in the ads for Best Buy are worth getting up extra early and fighting a mob of people over. Plus all the hot products that are cheap have bad customer ratings.

zack and miri gone
alien.gif

Back
Top Bottom