BLACK FRIDAY 2012

I would never use NT as a source of advice/guide to buying anything expensive. There are tons of forums and websites with people that do this for a living that can offer you real advice with stats to back it.  I suggest visiting one of those before making a decision to shell out a lot of cash.

Looking forward to that PS3 bundle for $200. 

:nerd: such as? besides slickdeals, fatwallet and pricewatch

Gon try and grab 2 of those $78 tvs from Walmart for the bedroom and my daughters room. Gon also try and get my daughter that $179 laptop. Its a Compaq but a 4yr old don't need a top of the line laptop.lol.

Tempted to use my upgrade for the S3 instead of the Nexus 4 so I can get that Walmart giftcard.

Needless to say, after I eat, I'll be out Walmart on turkey day

Why spend $300 for 50" when you can spend a couple hundred more on a 50" that will give you wayy better picture, longevity and connectivity.

Go to someones house who got a BF model TV and they'll swear its HD but stay looking like a SD feed. Then when it comes to watch a movie or play ps3, they gotta take the HDMI out the back of one and put into the other cause they come with one HDMI port. Then you deal with the all the clouding on cheap LCDs and all the jumping blacks on cheap Plasmas.

I dont know about you guys but I have HTPC set up to watch movies and tv series and I want the best picture I can get. and the $300 T.V.s are not getting you that.

Get that for kids or nephews.

not that serious, this isnt for the living room. its for a bedroom that will get little use out of it. im not hooking up a blue ray or any dvd to it. maybe an xbox

i got a decent tv now but want a bigger one. $300 for a 50" led/lcd is amazing. that all. if it lasts more than a year, money well spent.

Why spend $300 for 50" when you can spend a couple hundred more on a 50" that will give you wayy better picture, longevity and connectivity.

Go to someones house who got a BF model TV and they'll swear its HD but stay looking like a SD feed. Then when it comes to watch a movie or play ps3, they gotta take the HDMI out the back of one and put into the other cause they come with one HDMI port. Then you deal with the all the clouding on cheap LCDs and all the jumping blacks on cheap Plasmas.

I dont know about you guys but I have HTPC set up to watch movies and tv series and I want the best picture I can get. and the $300 T.V.s are not getting you that.

Get that for kids or nephews.

not that serious, this isnt for the living room. its for a bedroom that will get little use out of it. im not hooking up a blue ray or any dvd to it. maybe an xbox

i got a decent tv now but want a bigger one. $300 for a 50" led/lcd is amazing. that all. if it lasts more than a year, money well spent.

Two years ago I copped a Black Friday TV for my bedroom to replace a tube TV.

Don't do it.

What brands are u guys talking about w/ these bad black friday TVs b/c I bought a HP plasma back n '08 & never had a problem. Are toshiba TVs that bad, thought it was a good brand

Last edited:
whats the best LCD or LED deal

looking for something bigger then a 50 for my mom

Last edited:

Ah, yes. That guy. Granted that's a good price for 50" of real estate on a TV, I looked up the model number, and as suspected, it's a very low end model TV with weak specs by today's standards.

For starters, there's the screen refresh rate, which is used to try to eliminate the motion blur inherent to LCD televisions (this can really be seen while watching sports, or movies/video games with a lot of fast paced action). The higher the refresh rate number (60hz, 120hz, 240hz), the more blur it eliminates. Unfortunately, this TV uses 60hz, which is the lowest rate you can get. 60hz is what most TVs came with when LCDs first hit the market almost 2 decades ago. Hell, even 120hz is old now.

Then there's the paltry 6000:1 contrast ratio, especially with LED back lighting. Granted the validity of such numbers is debatable since there's no true standards for contrast ratio figures, it's still WAY below what most LED TVs claim today.

In other words, since most people don't know/understand what to look for on specs, they took old school technology and slapped LED backlighting into it to make it sound really impressive since most people don't realize that LED isn't some "new TV technology", but rather a different lighting system for LCDs. Even the LED part's not impressive considering it's edge-lit as opposed to full array. Now if you don't give a damn about picture quality, then by all means, knock yourself out. But also keep in that the ad says minimum 4 per store. Very few stores will stock beyond the minimums, which means you have next to no chance of scoring one anyway.

Well i said i was passing this year.... i lied i'm gonna go for that 60 inch led from walmart decided to sell the lcd i picked up last year on  CL. somebody allready made me an offer so i'm gonna take it and put that money towards that 60inch.. only thing is i hope i get it cause if i don't i will be a** out with no tv in my living room i could always just use the 42 inch i have in my room but don't really want to do that..but if worse comes to worst and i don't get that tv ill be ok.. but i don't see why i wouldn't get it everybody usually goes for the 40 inch deals u never know tho 

Last edited:
need to cop a new laptop on black friday
looking at that $300 Dell - is that the best laptop deal so far? :nerd:

I've been hearing thats the best deal thus far and spend more money for an ssd its a very good computer for a good deal

vizio is actually pretty decent

if its not sony or samsung, then i would get a vizio

Last edited:
If you have anymore info or ads, please post them so I can post them on the first page. Thanks

A week and a half to go. . :smokin

Back
Top Bottom