BLACK FRIDAY 2012

Now that i decided to grab that 60 inch led the 22'd can come fast enough.  i really hope i'm able to get one, i'm thinking the little more expensive tv's are easier to get.. cause everybody goes crazy for the 100$ to 200$ tv deals i could be wrong tho

And I might be talking out of line here, but when I worked for Best Buy years back, Dynex and Insignia were made by LG at the time.

son, these people dont know what there talking about. bought a sony on black friday 2 years ago, its on 14 hours a day for 2 years straight, not a single problem was had,

thanks

Obviously YMMV, but brands like Dynex, Insignia, and Emerson are notorious for malfunctioning and being unreliable.

Why do you think stores are eager to unload them for pennies. Vizio may be the only exception. They are a budget TV brand but far more trustworthy than the aforementioned.

Patience will definitely pay off next week. TV deals will be aplenty but some of the best ones will not be in store. All of us should have considerable training in online releases. Treat this no different. Get on slickdeals, follow a deal scavenging twitter account and be ready with card in hand.

Enjoy time with the fam, fill up on good food, and be ready to pounce...in the confines of your home.

Obviously YMMV, but brands like Dynex, Insignia, and Emerson are notorious for malfunctioning and being unreliable.
Why do you think stores are eager to unload them for pennies. Vizio may be the only exception. They are a budget TV brand but far more trustworthy than the aforementioned.
Patience will definitely pay off next week. TV deals will be aplenty but some of the best ones will not be in store. All of us should have considerable training in online releases. Treat this no different. Get on slickdeals, follow a deal scavenging twitter account and be ready with card in hand.
Enjoy time with the fam, fill up on good food, and be ready to pounce...in the confines of your home.

I hear ya. If you really want a nice tv then patience is needed. Set a price you're willing to spend and specs you're willing to do/do without.

I myself am in the market for a 42-46 LED with ATLEAST 120hz and 1080p. Right now they're not in the price range I want. They WILL be eventually though.

Actually I try to do that with everything I buy and not fall into hype. I hate feeling disappointed on missing something I really wanted just cause I couldn't wait another few weeks/months.

Hmm, Had my Dynex for YEARS now and it is crisper than ever especially on the HDMI setup.

Dynex is Sony and Insignia is Samsung. Best Buy has those companies make televisions for their brands just at cheaper cost. So yes, is the chance of them malfunctioning or breaking higher?????? Yes, cause they use cheaper parts. but the screens and the majority of the working parts, are the same ones in the televisions from their namesake at 200 dollars more just for the name.

I would tell the next person to buy a Samsung television. Especially if they act how some act on here. I have been perfectly content with the Dynex and the Insiginia televisions for movies, Video games, and even setting up my Macs with them.

It all goes by the individual. But for those to say they are overall crap compared to buying that Sony or Samsung, then continue paying that extra money to have Sony or Samsung plastered to the front of the set to feel you have a superior television.

Last edited:
son, these people dont know what there talking about. bought a sony on black friday 2 years ago, its on 14 hours a day for 2 years straight, not a single problem was had,
thanks
wish sony would put that quality in all their stuff... my PS3 slim jus went out last night!!!

SMH and on the eve of Black Ops release!!!

The same negative nancy's wait a year so they can enter Black Friday threads and lecture people on how stupid they are for wanting the televisions that are on sale.

Get off your high horse and exit the thread please. We understand you are "trying to look out" for people, but all you are doing is coming across as arrogant and demeaning. You guys treat everyone whose interested in cheap tv's as if they are idiots.

Maybe we don't care about "top notch" specs. Maybe we're not ballin like you and don't want to spend 1600 dollars on a Samsung Smart TV.

We just want some damn televisions to put in our bedroom or give to the kids in our families to enjoy. Who cares if its 60HZ instead of 120HZ... how is that going to matter any less to an 11 year old boy who wants to plug in his new ps3 and play some video games?

Seriously... stop raining on everyones parade. We know they arent the best TV's, we're not ******ed, but they get the job done and they are cheap.

Please back the hell off. :smh:

The same negative nancy's wait a year so they can enter Black Friday threads and lecture people on how stupid they are for wanting the televisions that are on sale.
Get off your high horse and exit the thread please. We understand you are "trying to look out" for people, but all you are doing is coming across as arrogant and demeaning. You guys treat everyone whose interested in cheap tv's as if they are idiots.
Maybe we don't care about "top notch" specs. Maybe we're not ballin like you and don't want to spend 1600 dollars on a Samsung Smart TV.
We just want some damn televisions to put in our bedroom or give to the kids in our families to enjoy. Who cares if its 60HZ instead of 120HZ... how is that going to matter any less to an 11 year old boy who wants to plug in his new ps3 and play some video games?
Seriously... stop raining on everyones parade. We know they arent the best TV's, we're not ******ed, but they get the job done and they are cheap.
Please back the hell off. :smh:

I agree. Its cool when money isn't really an object, but if it is you may have to settle like I said above. When I bought my Dynex in 07, thats what I could afford. I wanted HD and at the time I think that was still selling for 500 or so.

For most people these tvs are more than fine. Especially if you've had a tube for 20+ years. Hell we bought 2 HD's for my bar, but no HD signal and people think the picture looks better than our SD, when to me, it doesn't. I'm the minority though, I'm a geek for these things.

After 5 years of the 1080i, 60hz, I'm ready for the 120, 1080p. it WILL make a difference for what i do on a regular basis. I just have a price in my head and until it gets to that, I'm good with what I got.

cats just trying to justify spending absurb amounts of money for a TV...

aint nobody got time for dat.

IDK what cats are talking bout i got a 32inch Dynex and its going on 4 years strong

:rofl: ok

real talk though, what are you guys doing to these TV's that make them die so fast. I know PLENTY people who have bought cheap tv's or BF tv's who still have them years later.

Hell, a couple years ago, I bought a cheap iSymphonique 26 inch tv, and its still going strong. So what is the difference? What do you do to a TV that it only lasts a year?

I sold my 60" Sharp Aquos LCD that I purchased last Black Friday through Best Buy for $800. I was able to sell it for $800 (Thank you CraigsListGods), and ended up with the LG 55" LED Smart/3D.

So you guys cry about variants but want a subpar electronic? ok. Your logics are A+.

Same crybabies saying we're mad cause we bought a better T.V. are the same ones bashing people for buying androids.

Bunch of misinformed people on NT and when people try and help, you guys act like babies.

It's your money. Waste it as you see fit.

IDK what cats are talking bout i got a 32inch Dynex and its going on 4 years strong

roll.gif
ok
real talk though, what are you guys doing to these TV's that make them die so fast. I know PLENTY people who have bought cheap tv's or BF tv's who still have them years later.

Hell, a couple years ago, I bought a cheap iSymphonique 26 inch tv, and its still going strong. So what is the difference? What do you do to a TV that it only lasts a year?
I want to know too. Ive had a 42" Haier in my bedroom for the past 5 years. Picture quality is still on point.

So you guys cry about variants but want a subpar electronic? ok. Your logics are A+.

Same crybabies saying we're mad cause we bought a better T.V. are the same ones bashing people for buying androids.

Bunch of misinformed people on NT and when people try and help, you guys act like babies.

It's your money. Waste it as you see fit.

Big difference though. Its not necessarily a subpar electronic if thats all they're looking for. Big screen, HD hook up. I don't think anyone doubts that the higher numbers are better, but the majority doesnt care. Its like saying a Hyundai nowadays won't last as long as a Ford. A dud is a dud, every company has them.

A variant Jordan is a fake shoe, a replica. Those tv's aren't saying what they're not.

I was in that majority 5 years ago when I went Dynex. I've now had 5 years of HD, hundreds of blu ray hours and I've realized I want better specs so I'm gonna have to cough up the top dollar to get what I want.

Big difference though. Its not necessarily a subpar electronic if thats all they're looking for. Big screen, HD hook up. I don't think anyone doubts that the higher numbers are better, but the majority doesnt care. Its like saying a Hyundai nowadays won't last as long as a Ford. A dud is a dud, every company has them.
A variant Jordan is a fake shoe, a replica. Those tv's aren't saying what they're not.
The merchants are also not telling you that you're getting a low-end T.V.

Half of you think LCD and LED are different. They're the same thing.

Why wouldn't you want the best picture available? No one is saying to spend 3k on a t.v. but theres better options for only a few hundred more.

Samsung has low end 550 series tvs that offer the minimum then they have 6xxx, 7xxx and top tier 8xxx series with all the bells and whistles.

There's options. Black Friday has tricked a lot of you into buying because it's in an ad.

Next time when you're target...check the SALES TAG card in the aisles of the things on "SALE". It'll say originally 1.99, on sale for $1.89. They trick you into thinking a Sale sign means you're getting a deal.

I'm gonna just leave it alone cause I'm just a negative nancy. But whatever. do what yall want.

What he is trying to say is that those off brand TVs are like shopping at Payless for shoes. Yeah sure your Dynex is a TV, buts no Sony.. You get what you pay for. Those off brand TVs are cheap all year round.The point of BF is to get a quality product cheap.

Back
Top Bottom