BLACK FRIDAY 2012

Any decent deal on Gaming desktops? well not strictly for gaming.. but allow to run some games

First, you have to figure out what you want in a TV. LCD, plasma, DLP, etc (keep in mind LED is not a new technology; it's a form of back lighting for LCD TVs). Then you have to figure out if you're OK with 720p, or if 1080p is a must. Then you need to decide on what size TV you want. Most importantly, you need to realize the following...
BLACK FRIDAY PRICES ARE NOTHING SPECIAL! It blows my mind that everyone has this perception a "Black Friday only sale price" MUST be some exceptional deal. In most cases, the slightest bit of research on these items would show you that's not true at all (hell, some of the items are made for a specific store ONLY for BF), and looking through all the ad scans that have already leaked so far, this looks to be the weakest year yet. You can find even better deals throughout the year if you know what you're looking for and you shop diligently. Usually, the only things I buy on BF are Blu-ray movies (eg. Fight Club will be $3.96 @ Walmart). For everything else, I check slickdeals.net daily just to see what deals people have come across. For example, I've been thinking about getting a steam mop for some time now, and last week, someone posted that Home Depot had a $130 Hoover (even on Amazon, it was $120) on sale for $48, which I snagged. I highly doubt anything will match that on Black Friday.

Thank you..May hold off in that case wasn't really too sure.

Best buy will pricematch the walmart ad correct? do i go to customer service or straight to check out?
I really want that 25$ fifa 13 and 11$ xbox live memberships, but i want to avoid walmart at all costs, lol.

No price matching on black friday weekend. Stores are way too busy for people to come in trying to match other stores prices. Best Buy i know for sure won't price match, can't say for sure about wal mart but i'm guessing they have the same policy.

Best buy will pricematch the walmart ad correct? do i go to customer service or straight to check out?
I really want that 25$ fifa 13 and 11$ xbox live memberships, but i want to avoid walmart at all costs, lol.

when I went in today and asked they said yes as long as it was exact same product and you came in during those hours.
Them being busy isn't going to stop them from doing their job and what they advertise of a normal policy.

she also told me I could buy what i wanted today and just bring the receipt in to get price reduction on black friday

Can some tech/TV savvy NT'ers give me the scoop on TV's.. Dude up there said avoid that toshiba just curious as to why? If anyone can point me in the direction of some similar deals would be much appreciated.

First, you have to figure out what you want in a TV. LCD, plasma, DLP, etc (keep in mind LED is not a new technology; it's a form of back lighting for LCD TVs). Then you have to figure out if you're OK with 720p, or if 1080p is a must. Then you need to decide on what size TV you want. Most importantly, you need to realize the following...

BLACK FRIDAY PRICES ARE NOTHING SPECIAL! It blows my mind that everyone has this perception a "Black Friday only sale price" MUST be some exceptional deal. In most cases, the slightest bit of research on these items would show you that's not true at all (hell, some of the items are made for a specific store ONLY for BF), and looking through all the ad scans that have already leaked so far, this looks to be the weakest year yet. You can find even better deals throughout the year if you know what you're looking for and you shop diligently. Usually, the only things I buy on BF are Blu-ray movies (eg. Fight Club will be $3.96 @ Walmart). For everything else, I check slickdeals.net daily just to see what deals people have come across. For example, I've been thinking about getting a steam mop for some time now, and last week, someone posted that Home Depot had a $130 Hoover (even on Amazon, it was $120) on sale for $48, which I snagged. I highly doubt anything will match that on Black Friday.

well then let me know when you find a 50" LCD for $300 because id love to see that

Thank you..May hold off in that case wasn't really too sure.

ehh.. i say find how much money you are silling to spend first.. then work around your price point..

I would never use NT as a source of advice/guide to buying anything expensive. There are tons of forums and websites with people that do this for a living that can offer you real advice with stats to back it.  I suggest visiting one of those before making a decision to shell out a lot of cash.

Looking forward to that PS3 bundle for $200. 

do tell my friend.

if you feel you're technically savvy, then you can do it yourself by following this guide (even tho this is for the fat ps3, this also applies for the slim)

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=70948

but if you feel that you might mess up, look up on craigslist in your area and you might be able to find a reputable shop that would fix it for you (for less of what SONY is asking you for)

the main thing is that you just need to replace the blu ray lens with a new one

Last edited:
Ive copped a few tv's via black friday...they still work just fine after years.
Anything man made can break. If u have doubts, spend that lil extra for a protection plan.

Why spend $300 for 50" when you can spend a couple hundred more on a 50" that will give you wayy better picture, longevity and connectivity.

Go to someones house who got a BF model TV and they'll swear its HD but stay looking like a SD feed. Then when it comes to watch a movie or play ps3, they gotta take the HDMI out the back of one and put into the other cause they come with one HDMI port. Then you deal with the all the clouding on cheap LCDs and all the jumping blacks on cheap Plasmas.

I dont know about you guys but I have HTPC set up to watch movies and tv series and I want the best picture I can get. and the $300 T.V.s are not getting you that.

Get that for kids or nephews.

So what is the best time to line up at walmart or kmart for thanksgiving day and the day after? And whats the odds of me getting the TV's? I hear they usually stock like 2 of those tvs just to pull people in
the store?

Also can i put the TV on layaway?

You can put the tv on Lawaway as far as going... I'd imagine people will be eating or doing whatever at 5-6 so i would go then honestly..

need to cop a new laptop on black friday

looking at that $300 Dell - is that the best laptop deal so far? :nerd:

need to cop a new laptop on black friday
looking at that $300 Dell - is that the best laptop deal so far? :nerd:

I'm in the same boat. Going to be checking out various resources to figure out what the best laptop deal is for the money

I still have my Black Friday TV from two years ago..and it's never given me any problems..i love it..it's a 40" inch Samsung LCD..it serves the purpose that I use it for..playin movies..watchin TV..i don't care about picture quality as much as y'all..eventually I would like an LED but until this one dies then I don't need a new TV

if you feel you're technically savvy, then you can do it yourself by following this guide (even tho this is for the fat ps3, this also applies for the slim)
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=70948
but if you feel that you might mess up, look up on craigslist in your area and you might be able to find a reputable shop that would fix it for you (for less of what SONY is asking you for)
the main thing is that you just need to replace the blu ray lens with a new one
'preciate the link but that's too much work just to play a game from 4 years ago.

Why spend $300 for 50" when you can spend a couple hundred more on a 50" that will give you wayy better picture, longevity and connectivity.

Go to someones house who got a BF model TV and they'll swear its HD but stay looking like a SD feed. Then when it comes to watch a movie or play ps3, they gotta take the HDMI out the back of one and put into the other cause they come with one HDMI port. Then you deal with the all the clouding on cheap LCDs and all the jumping blacks on cheap Plasmas.

I dont know about you guys but I have HTPC set up to watch movies and tv series and I want the best picture I can get. and the $300 T.V.s are not getting you that.

Get that for kids or nephews.

I feel the same way you do but to some it's not that serious.

Back
Top Bottom