BLACK FRIDAY 2012

really??? what happened? ylod? how long you had it?
It lasted a full year and two months. Then one day after an update I put in CH2K8 and my blu ray wouldn't read. It felt like life laughed at me for not getting a two year warranty. I called SONY customer service and they told me to pay $125 for a replacement and a 3 month warranty. That's my 3rd PS3 in a little under 5 years. The HDD still works so still I watch movies, play demos and go online but no discs.

You're not going to find a laptop with a ssd for a boot drive in it for less than $500 black friday or not. the most you might get is a laptop that has ssd caching which is better than a regular 5400 rpm laptop but still doesnt really compare to having a ssd as a main boot drive. So paying the $300 for the 14z & spending another $100 on a 128GB ssd is still the cheaper option.
I think you'll need a laptop with a AMD A-10 apu or an intel cpu & a dedicated gpu (which will run you over $500) to play batman & street fighter and tolerable settings
I'm not sure how good AMD A8's would handle those games although target will have a 15.6" gateway with an A8, 4GB of ram, 500GB hd & Windows 8 for $350.
Since you have a ps3 i would still just get the 14z since its $50 cheaper, has the more powerful cpu & is lighter.
Ok that makes sense then, I really appreciate the help, and I'd rather not have a gateway, the dell seems like a stellar deal.
"whyhellothere" im going to PM you

I went to the store today, and I was laptop shopping, the lady said why don't I just buy the laptop today. come in during black friday at a random time, and get the price adjustment since you have 30 days on your receipt.

Then I was like.. well thats darn good idea.
Thing is how many stores will let you do that???
They'd let u do a price adjustment before they want you to return whatever your getting.

Last edited:
I'm about to go nuts on games and blu rays this year. I'm personally not a fan of the products made just for BF like tv's and laptops but they seem like great deals for those who don't mind and are in the market for some of the stuff.

Best part about it is that it will all be done from the comfort of my own home. Best Buy and Amazon ftw!!

It lasted a full year and two months. Then one day after an update I put in CH2K8 and my blu ray wouldn't read. It felt like life laughed at me for not getting a two year warranty. I called SONY customer service and they told me to pay $125 for a replacement and a 3 month warranty. That's my 3rd PS3 in a little under 5 years. The HDD still works so still I watch movies, play demos and go online but no discs.

sounds like your blu ray lens burnt out

you can easily replace that

Wanna get that 60 inch vizio. Is it in store only or will it be available online? What are the odds I will be able to cop?

Can some tech/TV savvy NT'ers give me the scoop on TV's.. Dude up there said avoid that toshiba just curious as to why? If anyone can point me in the direction of some similar deals would be much appreciated.

Is Amazing Spider-Man on blu-ray gonna be on sale? If not, i'm gonna get it soon or should I wait until after Christmas? That's all I want maybe an external HDD.

The screens fail after a couple years on Toshibas. You'll wake up one day and press power...hear sound...no picture.

99.9% of all BF T.V. deals are stripped down, low end T.Vs they're trying to blow out.

for $300 bucks it's not much money for the size but quality and connectivity are gonna be limited.

Best buy will pricematch the walmart ad correct? do i go to customer service or straight to check out?

I really want that 25$ fifa 13 and 11$ xbox live memberships, but i want to avoid walmart at all costs, lol.

Best buy will pricematch the walmart ad correct? do i go to customer service or straight to check out?

I really want that 25$ fifa 13 and 11$ xbox live memberships, but i want to avoid walmart at all costs, lol.
i woner as well and is it vice versa will walmart let you price match a best buy ad?

vizio are GREAT american made tvs..... avoid "high end tvs" seriously a waste of money... no one needs internet on your tv, beside its a waste of money considering OMED and all that new tech is gonna come out soon anyway, 1080p is 1080p

Amazon's lightning deals next week are all you need to know.

Looking to snag a tv and a portable hd.

vizio are GREAT american made tvs..... avoid "high end tvs" seriously a waste of money... no one needs internet on your tv, beside its a waste of money considering OMED and all that new tech is gonna come out soon anyway, 1080p is 1080p
roll.gif

strong post
My bad. I just laugh when people act as if a T.V. is just a T.V.

I just got a e8000 for $300 more than the 7000 and I can't stop playing with the motion controls, the picture is just gorgeous. True blacks, real reds. And my girl can skype with her mom laying in bed. We sold a lot of our peripherals soon after cause netflix, amazon, internet is all done through the T.V. and oh..I have more than 1 HDMI input
laugh.gif

Can some tech/TV savvy NT'ers give me the scoop on TV's.. Dude up there said avoid that toshiba just curious as to why? If anyone can point me in the direction of some similar deals would be much appreciated.

First, you have to figure out what you want in a TV. LCD, plasma, DLP, etc (keep in mind LED is not a new technology; it's a form of back lighting for LCD TVs). Then you have to figure out if you're OK with 720p, or if 1080p is a must. Then you need to decide on what size TV you want. Most importantly, you need to realize the following...

BLACK FRIDAY PRICES ARE NOTHING SPECIAL! It blows my mind that everyone has this perception a "Black Friday only sale price" MUST be some exceptional deal. In most cases, the slightest bit of research on these items would show you that's not true at all (hell, some of the items are made for a specific store ONLY for BF), and looking through all the ad scans that have already leaked so far, this looks to be the weakest year yet. You can find even better deals throughout the year if you know what you're looking for and you shop diligently. Usually, the only things I buy on BF are Blu-ray movies (eg. Fight Club will be $3.96 @ Walmart). For everything else, I check slickdeals.net daily just to see what deals people have come across. For example, I've been thinking about getting a steam mop for some time now, and last week, someone posted that Home Depot had a $130 Hoover (even on Amazon, it was $120) on sale for $48, which I snagged. I highly doubt anything will match that on Black Friday.

Back
Top Bottom