Black Friday 2013 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna go with the 60" vizio from walmart for BF. Can't beat a 1080p 60" smart TV with a qwerty remote for under $700

I'm definitely not about to camp out, just gonna stroll in around 6:30 for their guarantee card, hope it works out 'cause I've been dreaming about a big *** TV for awhile.

:lol:

when i worked at best buy

I use to turn customers off with plasmas by increasing the black levels , turning down the brightness, moving up the warmth, and toning down the sharpness :smokin
"why do they look so dark and orange?"
tv noobs
:rofl:

Last edited:
:lol:

when i worked at best buy

I use to turn customers off with plasmas by increasing the black levels , turning down the brightness, moving up the warmth, and toning down the sharpness :smokin
"why do they look so dark and orange?"
tv noobs
:rofl:

Yeah most people always say Plasma sucks and LED is way better. Only reason is because when they look at Wal-mart the LED's are brighter :lol:

LED vs Plasma really to me breaks down to where the TV is going to be at. If it is a darker room without much light exposure, a Plasma would be the better choice. If there are windows with plenty of light coming in, an LED is going to be a better choice.

As for Vizio's, my brother just picked this up a few weeks back and side by side my 240hz 3d Sony that is almost twice the cost, I'd take the Vizio hands down.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/m-serie...93400050018_categoryid$abcat0101001&cp=1&lp=2

Samsungs have always had a more vibrant picture than most other brands, but more vibrant doesn't mean a better picture. LG's are decent, but they try and pass off TV's at 120hz that are "true motion" that are actually 60hz TV's so be sure to research before purchasing from them.

IMO, the Sony Bravia LED has the sharpness picture I've seen this year(non-4k.) The only flaw I could find was that the clarity wasn't as sharp if your viewing angle wasn't linear with the tv. If my living room wasn't so open I would have copped, still might for the bedroom.

^well played. If your hellbent on having a smart tv experience cop a Apple TV or roku. I use apple tv personally, mainly for Netflix and pandora. I need to get it jailbroken soon.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go with the 60" vizio from walmart for BF. Can't beat a 1080p 60" smart TV with a qwerty remote for under $700

I'm definitely not about to camp out, just gonna stroll in around 6:30 for their guarantee card, hope it works out 'cause I've been dreaming about a big *** TV for awhile.

Might as well go at 6

Might as well go at 6
i got this tv last year, and i really like it.. picture is awesome, and all the apps work perfect for me.. walmart had put the deal up on the site a couple times through out the day last year, so that's how i got it..  id say look out for it on the site during the day just incase they do it this way again

Last edited:
Any deals on any Power Beats by Dre
nerd.gif

Haven't seen anything around
nerd.gif
monster usually has a friends and family sale going on after black friday.. just subscribe to their emails and wait for it.. ive gotten mine for nearly half the price.. 

so is this LG tv a true 120 hz or not??

I've been reading that its not. There's not even a 120hz printed anywhere on the box

I'm deciding if I should make a trip out to Walmart since this have 6 left as of 15 minutes ago

^walmart.com says that the tv is 120hz. I wouldn't be surprised if the tv is actually 60hz.

Whether the tv is 120hz or 60hz shouldn't be a deal breaker for you. If you watch a lot of sports, maybe not having a true 120hz tv might be a hinderance to your sports watching. But for everything else, the tv should be able to handle it.

Last edited:
would cop that LG for $450 if i could get rid of my sony 37" i bought on black friday a few years ago

gonna cop my mom the original ipad mini. they are gonna hve them online for $250 shipped

hopefully no tax :lol:

solid deal

gonna cop my mom the original ipad mini. they are gonna hve them online for $250 shipped

hopefully no tax :lol:

solid deal

Where?

Staples.com starts tomorrow til Wed.

Buy.com will have it for that price on black friday.

Ebay.com will have them for $240 on ebay on black friday.

a lot of other places will have near that price as well.

i was gonna buy it for $300 at walmart plus the $100 gift card but im not going to the store, sitting with a bunch of idiots and sit in line for god knows how long.

ill just save $50 or so bucks and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom