Black Friday 2013 Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

which tv is better the LG or Vizio? 
In this case vizio it's a smart tv offers more for its value
LGs have better quality from what I've seen in person. Vizios look washed out, while LGs are more crisp. Samsung had the best picture quality that I saw.

Smart tv features are gimmicks.

If you already own something that allows you to access amazon intstant, netflix, hulu, etc, you have a "smart" tv.

Last edited:
LGs have better quality from what I've seen in person. Vizios look washed out, while LGs are more crisp. Samsung had the best picture quality that I saw.
If you already own something that allows you to access amazon intstant, netflix, hulu, etc, you have a "smart" tv.
My work uses both of the tvs and can't tell the difference. Vizio looking washed out is an absurd statement

Last edited:
Vizio is good stuff for the money 9/10 times.

I need to get up at Kohls and see what's good with those memory foam pillows :nerd:

My work uses both of the tvs and can't tell the difference. Vizio looking washed out is absurd statement
Your work not being able to tell the diff. doesn't discount what I said.

I went to walmart yesterday and glanced at the tvs for some time. 

I stand by my statement. 

So for the people now that camps out, they are fools. lol what will you do with the tents and tv you brought along? someones gonna steal it and also where do they bathe?

They don't bathe...probably have a watcher to hold down the fort while they penetrate the building.

Your work not being able to tell the diff. doesn't discount what I said.
I went to walmart yesterday and glanced at the tvs for some time. 
I stand by my statement. 
Guess we have to agree to disagree

Last edited:
LG is a re-branded Zenith/Goldstar product.

Their TVs are good, but you have to spend more to get the best version.

Read the specs on the TVs you're buying. Don't spend more on a 1080p set if you're getting a sub 32" screen.

Gonna try & hop on this best buy deal. I got gift cards & some store credit and hopefully after taxes I can get it below $350

You can't accurately judge picture quality in a store. The settings on the picture are way off and the store lighting has a negative effect as well.

You can't accurately judge picture quality in a store. The settings on the picture are way off and the store lighting has a negative effect as well.
most of the settings at Big Box stores are set at energy since they're on all day. But, if you're copping a 32 and below, you wont notice 1080 from 720 cause of the size.

I'm lazy so it irks me when they sell T.V.s with only one input.

I have both types of tvs in my home, so I could easily compare them.

I would expect the LG to look better from what I saw in the store.

As I said, I glanced at the several different tvs from both brands for a while. Samsung's tvs looked the best.

I wasn't there with a notepad checking for gamma, judder, etc.

So the notion that I went to walmart to accurately judge said tvs is false.

LG is the better brand in terms of what I've read about their tv manufacturing process.

Vizio is the best generic brand.

Typical iYen :lol:

You said you went to Walmart and looked at them.. not that you owned one of each brand. So that's what I said you shouldn't judge how they look in stores. It's a common mistake a lot of buyers make "This one looked brighter, so it's better", except they can easily manipulate the settings to make the TVs they want to sell look better. And I'm sure you know this, but it's for those who might not and assume the TV that looks "the best" in the store will be the best for their home.

Last edited:
Typical iYen
laugh.gif

You said you went to Walmart and looked at them.. not that you owned one of each brand. So that's what I said you shouldn't judge how they look in stores. It's a common mistake a lot of buyers make "This one looked brighter, so it's better", except they can easily manipulate the settings to make the TVs they want to sell look better. And I'm sure you know this, but it's for those who might not and assume the TV that looks "the best" in the store will be the best for their home.
You said you can't accuratly judge a tv in the store. That was not my intention.

Some tv brands can do what you described(manipulation), but that'll be harder to do if the tv's panel isn't as good as it's competitor's.

I get what you're saying, but I had already read tons of reviews of samsung, sony, lg, vizio led tv reviews before I went to walmart to "judge" the picture of said tvs.

In fact, my amazon tv wishlist was primarily filled with LG/Vizio tvs. Those were the brands I paid most attention to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom