Black Google Engineer "Google hires the whitest black candidates"

Where does Neil deGrasse Tyson or Barrack Obama fit in ?

The author of the article is a software programmer at google. Best believe that most of her peers in her department will have traits such as being nerdy, geeky, not so gracious social skills, and also male - regardless of what race.

I've been in the software division of a $40b engineering firm for the past 13 years. It's geek culture unless your job is in a non-technical division of that company (e.g. HR, marketing, sales, law etc.).

No, he did not. If you understand his rankings, he least identifies with being Black, than being one of the other. He sees himself as an immigrant, which is the furthest thing from the truth.

So in your opinion, what the person identifies with is the end all be all?

So is Rachel Dolezal blacker then Ben Carson?

So in your opinion, what the person identifies with is the end all be all?

So is Rachel Dolezal blacker then Ben Carson?
It goes much deeper than that, and it isn't an opinion. Rachel Dolezal can claim to be whatever she wants, but her ancestry speaks differently. Carson speaks to an existence that denies his ancestry, which is his choice. He has turned his back on what he is, just like Dolezal.

It goes much deeper than that, and it isn't an opinion. Rachel Dolezal can claim to be whatever she wants, but her ancestry speaks differently. Carson speaks to an existence that denies his ancestry, which is his choice. He has turned his back on what he is, just like Dolezal.

But, he's black right?

That's an opinion though.

A judgemental one at that.
there is no way that you actually believe that its a reach given the history of this country and black identity.
black ppl were stripped of everything...then every single time we've attempted to claim a mere piece of our identities the powers that be step in and dismantle the whole thing. every time.

so with that said, given history itself, its a stretch to say that there are black ppl that will do anything to appease white ppl in order to feel included?

This ain't a surprise. White folks have always hired the people they feel are "safe".

That's why some of these jobs have a bunch of qualifications when it comes to black people. Can't wear your hair like this, can't dress like that. Meanwhile white people are allowed to go to work bummy as hell. They want brothas to take the bass our voice and sound like them so they can feel comfortable. They criticize black women when they wear a dress that hugs their curves but if a white chick wore it nobody cares. They do it in schools, they punish young black kids for having fades and design haircuts. It's just another tool they use to make black culture seem "bad" and you have to look, act, talk like them. None of that works though. They still won't fully "accept you". They'll tolerate you. It's a lot of brothas that act and talk how they want and still deal with racism.

It's another form of programming. A lot of white people don't like any culture that they're not familiar with. Especially black. They got a weird love/hate/jealous/obsession with black culture.

BTW, there are several names that would have popped up on this thread, that seem to no longer post here.
@blastercombo
Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius
@hand2handking

This is a bit of a concern to me.

Oh I'm at work dawg. This might be my first post today.

there is no way that you actually believe that its a reach given the history of this country and black identity.
black ppl were stripped of everything...then every single time we've attempted to claim a mere piece of our identities the powers that be step in and dismantle the whole thing. every time.

so with that said, given history itself, its a stretch to say that there are black ppl that will do anything to appease white ppl in order to feel included?

I get that.

But 99% of the time that label is casted on blacks who are simply doing nothing but being themselves.

Not simply appeasing the white man.

You see a successful ***** who doesn't speak with a slur and who hangs out with mostly white people, you think what?

You automatically assume they "tryna be white".

It's more then likely a social class thing and more then likely they've been ostracized from your circle of "black" anyway.

If Google is so white and old hire Black people like them, why do you want to work there so bad? It sucks working with people that don’t get you on a cultural level.

This ain't a surprise. White folks have always hired the people they feel are "safe".

That's why some of these jobs have a bunch of qualifications when it comes to black people. Can't wear your hair like this, can't dress like that. Meanwhile white people are allowed to go to work bummy as hell. They want brothas to take the bass our voice and sound like them so they can feel comfortable. They criticize black women when they wear a dress that hugs their curves but if a white chick wore it nobody cares. They do it in schools, they punish young black kids for having fades and design haircuts. It's just another tool they use to make black culture seem "bad" and you have to look, act, talk like them. None of that works though. They still won't fully "accept you". They'll tolerate you. It's a lot of brothas that act and talk how they want and still deal with racism.

Agreed, but that's not his fault he's more appealing to whites.

He most likely has done nothing out of character to garner that attention.

Not purposely, or with the attention to cater to the white man.

No just something that has always struck a nerve.

I actually battled this identity crisis growing up because idiots I grew up with had a certain idea of what black was.

Can u expound on this identity crisis u had growing up???
And why THIS stuck a nerve
I’m intrigued

No just something that has always struck a nerve.

I actually battled this identity crisis growing up because idiots I grew up with had a certain idea of what black was.

If you would have been at the back of that bus? You are Black. Carson seems to feel as if he was riding in the front without confrontation. That is the problem.

So disheartening when blacks label each other as cornball brothers or "acting white".
You must fit the description lol. It’s one of those things that’s like if you do eh and if you don’t eh. Basically who cares not like outside of the net you’ll really hear it unless you’re young since being realistic majority of people roll with similar style people.

Back
Top Bottom