Black Google Engineer "Google hires the whitest black candidates"

She didn't expound on how these hires are "acting white". Is it the way they dress, talk, music they're listening to? Are they not blasting trap music at their desk?

How in 2019 is she saying something like this instead of appreciating that she has black coworkers?

She didn't expound on how these hires are "acting white". Is it the way they dress, talk, music they're listening to? Are they not blasting trap music at their desk?

How in 2019 is she saying something like this instead of appreciating that she has black coworkers?
read my posts in this thread.
those coworkers are pawns, some of which that end up blocking other black ppl from being promoted, some are used as tokens to "show" that these companies are "inclusive" etc. etc.

its like we aren't able to be our (true) selves, we have to be like somebody else in order for us to be fake accepted and then used. who wants to lose themselves in the process?

and before anybody says it, the types she's talking about are indoctrinated and may or may not realize that they operate, sound like, think like, etc. someone else in order to make others feel comfortable/make themselves feel comfortable/to appease someone.

its so sad. they took everything from us; even our identities and our self worth.

I think its pretty simple and applies to the other non whites they hire too, Patagonia, avocado toast, happy hour, glamping etc.

also, ninjahood stays in these types of threads like son is sting from the rafters looking down pointing his bat...choosing the right time to drop down.
son doesn't want to claim being black but has a lot to say about things pertaining to black ppl.

26225863836e95eed947752b48ba6231e52e7abc_hq.jpg

you can take us out of Africa but you can't take the African out of us. I see you.

Yeah I was a little confused by that. She said they hire black people like them, but never said what it was. Also she's black so did she make the same realization about herself? Anyway she's speaking on what she see's at her work environment. Completely different then what I see at the tech company I work at.

Real problem is whiteness being the default.

A guy= white male.
Any non white "guy" would need a color description as a modifier.

Idk if its because I'm black, but I never thought that. I always you race as a descriptor and I don't see a problem with anyone else doing it. I hate, especially when talking to why pee pole, when someone is obviously avoiding it. "You know, the tall guy....he has a low cut...kinda slinder..", I'll just say, "The black guy?", just to get it over with.

dont flatter yaselves, i participate in all new threads, this being no exception.
me personally
i think even though u dont consider urself black
which is fine
thats ur prerogative
but i do believe
and i could be wrong
but u at the very least can identify with black folks
me and u
even though ur dominican
and im black
we probably have a majority of things in common
or that we can talk about
than things we cant
like say me and asian person
or u and a white person

White people have the advantage of not having to think about their whiteness.

Black people have to think about every action in relation to their blackness. Overthinking. More of a mental load.

So to find people that are more like them means finding black people that don't think about being black. Typically ones who grew up priveleged or sheltered to not be like that. And blacks are usually the first to reject those type of black people from black spaces, experiences.
It's a sad state of being.

That's why you always find the black corporate types that discovered their blackness through their work and professional experience later on in life.

I re-read the article and I think I get what she's saying. I don't think it has to do with the Blackness of the individual employee but the hiring criteria/practice of companies like Google skewing white. For example let's say a majority of white people in the tech industry go to a private college and volunteer at a food shelf as an extra curricular activity. They'll hire a Black person that meets those criteria instead of a Black person that say went to a public college and volunteered at the boys and girls club or tutoring under privileged kids or something like that. In other words they'll hire a Black person that did exactly what they did in school and what not instead of a Black person that might be more involved with the Black community. One candidate isn't "more Black" or "acting White" .
Could be completely wrong though.

For those that dont want to read she's basically saying Google only hires the cornball brothas word to Rob Parker. Those that have been in the startup/tech scene should know about how these companies do when they talk about "cultural fit"

https://atlantablackstar.com/2019/0...iant-only-picks-the-whitest-black-candidates/

“This is my problem. I feel like they hire the whitest black candidate,” the California native opined. “They hire someone who’s exactly like them, but Black.”
...........but they're still black, soooo.... and that's a step in the right direction. Shawty needs to drink some water, that sodium high for no reason.

I re-read the article and I think I get what she's saying. I don't think it has to do with the Blackness of the individual employee but the hiring criteria/practice of companies like Google skewing white. For example let's say a majority of white people in the tech industry go to a private college and volunteer at a food shelf as an extra curricular activity. They'll hire a Black person that meets those criteria instead of a Black person that say went to a public college and volunteered at the boys and girls club or tutoring under privileged kids or something like that. In other words they'll hire a Black person that did exactly what they did in school and what not instead of a Black person that might be more involved with the Black community. One candidate isn't "more Black" or "acting White" .
Could be completely wrong though.

That's 100% of what she saying. In tech (and in most industries) people tend to hire like-minded people. If all the bigwigs at your company went to a certain School or engage in certain activities they're naturally drawn to people with similar interests and it's hard for people who don't fit that mold to get hired or advance in those organizations.

What I take offense to is that she says those people are " the whitest black people" or "not black enough" when they're just black people with different interests than her or what she expects black people to be doing

Reactions: wr
me personally
i think even though u dont consider urself black
which is fine
thats ur prerogative
but i do believe
and i could be wrong
but u at the very least can identify with black folks
me and u
even though ur dominican
and im black
we probably have a majority of things in common
or that we can talk about
than things we cant
like say me and asian person
or u and a white person

fair.

So to find people that are more like them means finding black people that don't think about being black. Typically ones who grew up priveleged or sheltered to not be like that. And blacks are usually the first to reject those type of black people from black spaces, experiences

Jalen Rose VS Grant Hill.

That's exactly the issue, big tech and startups would rather hire Grant over Jalen even tho both have degrees from Prestigious top tier Universities but would deem 1 more of a "cultural fit" over the other

Jalen Rose VS Grant Hill.

I know that's how they operate, just calling them out on their hypocrisy in preaching diversity but not wanting true diversity with the way they choose their candidates

culture & fit is a factor at da workplace.

this is why Melo aint on a team right now.

I think this is just a cry out for a women who needs a man :lol: :rofl:

She either backed up and ain’t getting no penis, or she scorned, or doesn’t attract the type of guy she wants.

I’ve figured it out

I think this is just a cry out for a women who needs a man :lol: :rofl:

She either backed up and ain’t getting no penis, or she scorned, or doesn’t attract the type of guy she wants.

I’ve figured it out

her IG there, surprised none of da detectives posted her pics, her looks cute.

Back
Top Bottom