Black guy hair cuts

How much should it cost to get my hair dreaded? Want to say I'm about 4-5 months into letting my hair grow out.

haircut by a surgeon who is a part time barber.
cucutcut.jpg

How much should it cost to get my hair dreaded? Want to say I'm about 4-5 months into letting my hair grow out.
You need another 3 months. Then go see a loctician, shampoo/part and twist you up to get you started. $40.

To get it started, it should 100 max. Depend on the locticians status. And you can dread your hair right now. You dont need another 3 months :lol:

To add on to what tay1 tay1 , you shouldnt wait until your hair gets long. The end of the lock wont be tight and your ends will be puffier. I understand not wanting to go through the “ugly” phase though.

Where you located pa and that’ll also determine how much it’ll cost but I’ll say $60-70 would usually be the norm. But like others said, go head and get loc’ed up now that way you your hair will start to lock up early and be trained. Make sure you know that if you go for large size dreads then that’s it but if you start small then you can combine them later.

You need another 3 months. Then go see a loctician, shampoo/part and twist you up to get you started. $40.

To get it started, it should 100 max. Depend on the locticians status. And you can dread your hair right now. You dont need another 3 months :lol:

Someone told me anywhere from $100-$250(in Houston lol), but if it's cheaper than that, I'll try to get it done next paycheck, just have to find someone who knows how to do it.

Someone told me anywhere from $100-$250(in Houston lol), but if it's cheaper than that, I'll try to get it done next paycheck, just have to find someone who knows how to do it.

Check out a person named Damian Walter. I been watching his videos and wanted to get my hair dreaded by him. Hes super knowledgable and takes his stuff serious. I dont know his prices tho.

Love em. I had cheap Wahls when I first started cutting, so it's hard to compare. Which model do you have? My outliners (with promate blade) have been on standby since I got the Bevel Trimmers. May actually sell them soon.
Is the bevel that good? Do you get a closer shave than the outliners?

What yall using for lineups? I just broke t liners and im open to trying something new.

Decided to give this haircutting thing another chance since i couldn’t get in touch with my barber. What say ye NT fam?
Tossed some Shea Solutions from Dollar Tree on top for shine. Think i like using that more than the As I Am Double Butter Cream & Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie.
C3C327C0-AB76-4A5B-BF8B-F69B1A44D365.jpeg

Is the bevel that good? Do you get a closer shave than the outliners?

They cut closer stock but if you zero gap the Andis correctly, they're about even. I haven't really used my Andis since I got the Bevel but that's because I prefer the wireless trimmers.

It's about to get a little spicy in the wave community. Has anybody actually supported any of these brands/Wave YouTubers mentioned in the video? I've been waiting to hear about Goat Drip Butter since I don't plan on paying $60 for anything hair related. Maybe one of you rich NTers have it in the collection.

This brings a tear to my eyes... I had braids in HS but I was on my wave wish back in grammar school and have been on my wave game since I cut my hair my in 2010...

Glad the youngstas are embracing the durag swag and wave game again... those DS5 cuts are phase/fad 360s are 4 ever

Back
Top Bottom