Black guy hair cuts

Some women might offer to retwist :nerd:
Wait. Were all those times girls asked to re-twist my hair & me declining b/c "I could do it myself" was blocking my own alley oops?
oh my.gif

Wait. Were all those times girls asked to re-twist my hair & me declining b/c "I could do it myself" was blocking my own alley oops?

Some will ask on a business tip but others are down. Same thing if randoms stop/interrupt you to ask how long you've been growing your hair is or asking you to take it down so they can see how long it is.

One chick acted like she knew how to retwist but didn't. Ended up getting top so 🤷‍♂️

Had my hair in two strand twists since Independence day. Got my first retwist this past Friday. For those with locs in here how do yall keep your barber from pushing your line back? I still have my temp fade but I don't want to get that front taper a lot of guys with locs end up getting.

Think imma just go no retwists from this point on and let it do what it wants.
Go no retwist for awhile anyway, I cut my dreads last year because my roots got thin from too many retwists. I could have combined dreads but I was ready to cut them anyway. That shower after the chop was damn near orgasmic. The Brooklyn fade curly fro is the wave right now.

Been getting cuts every two weeks since the pandemic started but before I was getting a cut every week when I was actually going into the office for work.

My hair texture is like carpet, after a week it’s usually time. I get a skin fade and try to keep it short on top but my hair grows back so damn fast. Frustrating because I know some folks that can go 2-3 weeks without a cut and still look decent as long as they line it up.

Go no retwist for awhile anyway, I cut my dreads last year because my roots got thin from too many retwists. I could have combined dreads but I was ready to cut them anyway. That shower after the chop was damn near orgasmic. The Brooklyn fade curly fro is the wave right now.
I think once your hair has some length and has fully locked, that’s the best time to go months without a retwist

So i text my barber this morning to check his availability for Monday or Wednesday cause I’m going to NYC next Thursday. Received an automated message about this number no longer receiving messages. Log onto IG and see he passed away. He was a good and funny dude man.
Whens last time u got cut by him?

Been getting cuts every two weeks since the pandemic started but before I was getting a cut every week when I was actually going into the office for work.

My hair texture is like carpet, after a week it’s usually time. I get a skin fade and try to keep it short on top but my hair grows back so damn fast. Frustrating because I know some folks that can go 2-3 weeks without a cut and still look decent as long as they line it up.
I usually go once a month, but with one barber I'm currently going to, **** looks rough after one week. Been going every two weeks ever since.

Planning on going to my homeboy in a couple of weeks if he doesn't get his **** together.

This sounds stressful. Couldn’t image getting a cut every week. I’ve been trying to go every three weeks now cause my girl :lol:

New barber(homeboy) charges $40 for haircut and beard.

Guess we were spoiled when everything was $20 and less.

Back
Top Bottom