Black guy hair cuts

I've been fooled by online pics before.

Used Booksy to find a new barber in my area...

Booksy profile cut vs the cut I got in real life =

19a16e84ba50f5b865f1d82e74d91270.jpg

Went to a new barber Thursday and he gave me a nice cut but took one side back like a mf smh ..I wanna grow my hair back and give him a second chance but I can’t risk it

What do you mean he took one side back, like your line is lopsided? How is that a nice cut fam? Let that guy go with grace. :lol:

I forgot to caption that picture, but unfortunately he has that razor infection stuff on the back of his neck. Do you know if it is curable? My guy needs a new a look.

Apparently it is called "acne keloidalis nuchae" has anyone in here had that issue? I'd post a pic, but its disgusting.
I had a very mild case compared to what I saw online. Had a dermatologist give me cortisone shots in them, had an ex-girlfriend pull out each ingrown hair, stopped getting my neck lined up for a while, tried neosporin. I think what actually cured it was tend skin after cuts over and over. An older black guy once said it's a scab put neosporin on it, it cured his. I use tend skin on acne, and after I shave. Burns like a SOB on open cuts, but rather that than acne. The area should turn a light whitish color.
Oh yeah and for my 4c coily haired bredren -

SILK PILLOWCASES!

If not that then silk lined caps...

Trust me - you need it.
Mos def with the silk pillowcases, however because of the oil in my hair getting on the pillowcase then my face touching the pillowcase. About to start washing my pillowcase twice a week.

I had a very mild case compared to what I saw online. Had a dermatologist give me cortisone shots in them, had an ex-girlfriend pull out each ingrown hair, stopped getting my neck lined up for a while, tried neosporin. I think what actually cured it was tend skin after cuts over and over. An older black guy once said it's a scab put neosporin on it, it cured his. I use tend skin on acne, and after I shave. Burns like a SOB on open cuts, but rather that than acne. The area should turn a light whitish color.

Mos def with the silk pillowcases, however because of the oil in my hair getting on the pillowcase then my face touching the pillowcase. About to start washing my pillowcase twice a week.

Tea Tree oil works wonders for me.

Stopped using alcohol altogether.

No more bumps at all.

First step is to make sure I see my barber clean his tools before thinking about touching my head.

Far too many barbers go from head to head and even catch an attitude when you call them on it.

Switched to the satin cap. Found one with the adjustable belt type thing on Amazon and no forehead creases like wave caps.

Haven't looked back since.

Went to a new barber Thursday and he gave me a nice cut but took one side back like a mf smh ..I wanna grow my hair back and give him a second chance but I can’t risk it

Stopped allowing barbers to come anywhere near my hairline a few years back.

Keep it all natural.

Noticed one side of my hairline creeping up last year and slight lightness creeping up on my crown, got on that derma-pen wave, ordered Rogaine, and went to my dermatologist for a Finasteride prescription.

Was in denial for over a year blaming everything from barbers to hair products. Should have started sooner. Once again - my own insecurities.

Hairline stopped receding, baby hairs came in, and crown did a 180.

Modern science is amazing!

The trick is to get on it as soon as you notice and stay diligent.

It aint so much about reversing as keeping what you got.

If more grows in then great...but if you can stop it then thats a win in my book - especially since I have no facial hair game.

Cant be out here looking like Saitama if I can help it.

These videos helped me out a lot!

Even messed around around and started putting some on my eyebrows :lol:

Got me out here flexin...

bunny-disney.gif

I use to break out on da back of my neck from line ups until i switched to tapers like over 10 years ago lol

BRUH!!!!

Had a barber go to the back of my neck with T-edgers.

Didnt even know I was cut till I got home and felt those weps rising up.

Took pics and showed him.

Buddy had the nerve to say my skin is "sensitive".

Word B?

Dude saved that man’s life but I can’t rock with fibers. Some of it looks good but what’s the point if it’s only gonna last 2 days :lol:

Upkeep on that probably worse than on a luxury old school car

Dude is gonna need to take that MF to the shop every week. Idk man, maybe it’s worth it if you have the money to spend every few days :lol:

I could see it making sense for special events but I’d be too worried about the **** coming off

Dude is gonna need to take that MF to the shop every week. Idk man, maybe it’s worth it if you have the money to spend every few days :lol:

I could see it making sense for special events but I’d be too worried about the **** coming off
More like every 3-5 days

Not related to the video but I wish more barbers took pride in not using enhancements. I get that it's a reason to charge more but it's not necessary for most cuts unless you're just trash.

Man this looks like the GOAT trimmer

Oh a new challenger has emerged

Last edited:
The Babyliss clippers and trimmers are pretty legit from what I’ve seen. Pricey, but I supposed it’s worth it for the type of cuts you get. My uncle has them at his shop, but I’m not sure he uses them. Think he’s the creature of habit type who sticks to the old tried and true Andis T Outliners.

Yeah Andis wildin on price because of name. The babyliss not bad for new pro level cordless trimmers at around 150.

There's alot of video reviews out there and the consensus is that the Andis are great, but not worth the price compared to the Babyliss and many other good cordless trimmers.

My go-to trimmers are still Andis Slimline Pro and Slimline GTX. For comparison, I've also got Babyliss SilverFX and Wahl cordless Detailer, but mostly use them for balding, not putting in lines since they can cause irritation when zero gapped. I had the Andis cordless T Outliners and got rid of them.

Yeah I may cop the babyliss for bulk cleanup and lining. For cordless already got a bevel trimmer and wahl magic clipper, both pretty good but I feel the bevel doesn't hit as hard and gets minor snags. Amazing how far cordless has come though, don't think i'll buy a new corded.

Yeah I may cop the babyliss for bulk cleanup and lining. For cordless already got a bevel trimmer and wahl magic clipper, both pretty good but I feel the bevel doesn't hit as hard and gets minor snags. Amazing how far cordless has come though, don't think i'll buy a new corded.

I really think you'd be amazed at how good the Slimline Pro GTX are once zero gapped for under $80.

Back
Top Bottom