Black guy hair cuts

Man I’m paying $40 ($35 + $5 tip) for a fade and hot towel shave in the Bronx.

I’ll pay $50 for a fade, hot towel shave, black face mask, face cleanser with face massage, all of the extras. :lol:

I was paying $80 for in-home haircuts during the shutdowns. Reckless but I had to

Went to a new barber Thursday and he gave me a nice cut but took one side back like a mf smh ..I wanna grow my hair back and give him a second chance but I can’t risk it

What products yall using.? Wanna try something new. Been Using As I Am . Didnt like taliah wajiid

1632005404006.png

Bet ima look into it. The coconut hibiscus shea moisture and my hair didnt agree

I cant do coconut either.

Doesn't suit my hair type at all.

This product on the other hand is doing right on my hair.

Bonus - I add jojoba oil for an extra kick, especially for the coming winter.

Actually got a compliment over the weekend.

61tgEbdWNQL._AC_SS450_.jpg

I cant do coconut either.

Doesn't suit my hair type at all.

This product on the other hand is doing right on my hair.

Bonus - I add jojoba oil for an extra kick, especially for the coming winter.

Actually got a compliment over the weekend.

61tgEbdWNQL._AC_SS450_.jpg
I use that same exact jojoba. Do you put it on before or after the shea moisture?

barber used the top of the belt as a guide for the line up :smh:
I forgot to caption that picture, but unfortunately he has that razor infection stuff on the back of his neck. Do you know if it is curable? My guy needs a new a look.

Apparently it is called "acne keloidalis nuchae" has anyone in here had that issue? I'd post a pic, but its disgusting.

I use that same exact jojoba. Do you put it on before or after the shea moisture?

Actually mix it together.

Makes it work better.

About three to five drops is good on me.

Trick is to get to it as soon as possible after a shower so it absorbs better. Towel dry first then while still damp, apply.

At first I was too heavy handed - basically wasting product. Absorbs much better after the shower.

Good thing is it lasts all day.

I forgot to caption that picture, but unfortunately he has that razor infection stuff on the back of his neck. Do you know if it is curable? My guy needs a new a look.

Apparently it is called "acne keloidalis nuchae" has anyone in here had that issue? I'd post a pic, but its disgusting.

Main man gotta go to the dermatologist.

Its the only real way to address skin issues like that.

Fought acne all my life but "toxic masculinity" (meaning my own insecurities) kept me from actually going to see about it.

Finally went to see a dermatologist, he wrote a prescription, and I kicked myself dead in the *** for waiting so long to do it.

Could have addressed the issue years ago.

Same for my big toe nail - had toenail fungus since basic training (over a decade ago) - hiding my toe in beach sand was the line for me.

Went to the pediatrist, she wrote a prescription, and a bottle of pills later I was contemplating open toed sandals :lol:

Bottom line - see about yourselves fellas. No need to suffer if a Doctors visit has the chance to fix it.

I hope he gets the help because stuff like that is a nuclear bomb on self esteem for some folks.

Oh yeah and for my 4c coily haired bredren -

SILK PILLOWCASES!

If not that then silk lined caps...

Trust me - you need it.

What products yall using.? Wanna try something new. Been Using As I Am . Didnt like taliah wajiid
There’s two black owned companies you can find in Walmart with good products. One is called Curls and the other is Mielle Organics. I use their products faithfully. I also see Walmart starting to get some quality brushes from Kiss along with the durags.

Went to a new barber Thursday and he gave me a nice cut but took one side back like a mf smh ..I wanna grow my hair back and give him a second chance but I can’t risk it
You know who else gave his barber a second chance, SAS.
usatsi_13886207.jpg

Actually going to my barber this weekend that took one side back to far. Going to tell him don't touch the front. T minus 2 weeks until it all comes off for good, just need a shape up to keep it neat.
Fellas lead me to a tutorial regarding edging and trimming beard.
Never really looked for a tutorial, but best advice I can give from doing beard and goatee for decades is start small. Early on cut less off, put the clippers down check different angles in the mirror and judge. You don't have the eye yet to be able to eyeball. The good thing is it's facial hair it will grow back. Good luck son doing your own cut is so satisfying, loved trimming up and shaping my beard.

Man I’m paying $40 ($35 + $5 tip) for a fade and hot towel shave in the Bronx.

I’ll pay $50 for a fade, hot towel shave, black face mask, face cleanser with face massage, all of the extras. :lol:

I was paying $80 for in-home haircuts during the shutdowns. Reckless but I had to
Man you ain't never lie, about to be glorious never having to throw out that $40 every two weeks. I swear salary went up over the years but so did cost of a cut.
83173e27-f254-409f-990d-908f7896a8f8_text.gif

Main man gotta go to the dermatologist.

Its the only real way to address skin issues like that.

Fought acne all my life but "toxic masculinity" (meaning my own insecurities) kept me from actually going to see about it.

Finally went to see a dermatologist, he wrote a prescription, and I kicked myself dead in the *** for waiting so long to do it.

Could have addressed the issue years ago.

Same for my big toe nail - had toenail fungus since basic training (over a decade ago) - hiding my toe in beach sand was the line for me.

Went to the pediatrist, she wrote a prescription, and a bottle of pills later I was contemplating open toed sandals :lol:

Bottom line - see about yourselves fellas. No need to suffer if a Doctors visit has the chance to fix it.

I hope he gets the help because stuff like that is a nuclear bomb on self esteem for some folks.
Perhaps, my experience can be the same as yours.

Back
Top Bottom