Black guy hair cuts

What’s the best clippers for beard maintenance between cuts? Just to line it up and keep it a neat length
Most important for me is having a good range of guard lengths

I have gotten a couple generations of wahl lithium ions and they’re fine but the guards always go from like from 1-3 to 6 to 10 :lol:
Clippers would be for maintaining length and trimmers would be for lining up. If your budget will allow, there’s a new Bevel clipper/trimmer combo that does both by swapping the blade. There’s some decent videos on YouTube that show how it works.

Clippers would be for maintaining length and trimmers would be for lining up. If your budget will allow, there’s a new Bevel clipper/trimmer combo that does both by swapping the blade. There’s some decent videos on YouTube that show how it works.
Seems like clippers are what I’m looking for. Any suggestion?

Barber really done lost his mind, dude trying to charge $45 for a cut. Let that sink in for a minute before I add for a BEARD!!!!

Shaping up a beard is now $45!!! I been going to him for YEARS, probably 7/8 when I was getting a routine hair cut, he jumped around to different shops. He recently moved to this kiosk type setup. It is one room with a sliding door, has a TV mounted on the wall, undermount fridge. Setup like a little apartment, but it is a whole office floor with different hair dressers each having a separate room. He switched up to 30 middle of last year for a beard. I was already coming home so I didn't see a reason to go for a beard cut except maybe once a quarter.

Checked his prices last week he bumped them to $45 for a beard. I thought it was wild but most barbers around here trying to charge that for the beard. Did find a spanish spot that does a hot towel, and shave for $20. He pulled out the spray ink for one spot, I was like naw I'm good. I might have found my new monthly spot for $20.

My barber charge $75. I dont pay it but I guess when you cut celebs they can charge that.

My cousin in law cuts Grant Hill & whole TNT staff. He charges $150 & now you can only book mobile service which is $250

To me it reaches a point of diminishing returns with cuts like it can only be a certain level of good. Even if its perfect every line is crisp and angle right, i pay 38$ for a ***** who i feel at worse is like 93% (A minus), you cant be 2 or 3x better therefore I cant pay that much

Can someone put me on some beard maintenance. My **** be dry and nappy. Need a good routine.
My routine:

Wash with a beard wash 3 times a week
Comb it out right out the shower
Combine argan oil and beard balm in my palm and rub through my beard
Comb through it again, then brush

I comb, brush and moisturize on days I don't wash it as well

Last edited:
I don't use any products in my beard. Just regular body wash when I shower. I keep it 1-1.5 guard length and brush it.

Rocking a beard like this when I get older :smokin

shutterstock_editorial_10049544cx_huge.jpg

Barber really done lost his mind, dude trying to charge $45 for a cut. Let that sink in for a minute before I add for a BEARD!!!!

Shaping up a beard is now $45!!! I been going to him for YEARS, probably 7/8 when I was getting a routine hair cut, he jumped around to different shops. He recently moved to this kiosk type setup. It is one room with a sliding door, has a TV mounted on the wall, undermount fridge. Setup like a little apartment, but it is a whole office floor with different hair dressers each having a separate room. He switched up to 30 middle of last year for a beard. I was already coming home so I didn't see a reason to go for a beard cut except maybe once a quarter.

Checked his prices last week he bumped them to $45 for a beard. I thought it was wild but most barbers around here trying to charge that for the beard. Did find a spanish spot that does a hot towel, and shave for $20. He pulled out the spray ink for one spot, I was like naw I'm good. I might have found my new monthly spot for $20.

Damn for a beard?! Sheesh buddy is taxing. Decided to try and grow out this facial hair of mine for fall/winter months. Wondering if I should still be paying my barber $40 plus tip for just cut moving forward. I probably will, but saving money is always a plus in my book.

For my folks with longer hair, y'all getting tapered on the sides/back? Been doing my own shape up, but I haven't risked tapering the back since I started growing it last year.

Back
Top Bottom