Black guy hair cuts

I go with pure natural oils. Some of those products got a lot going on in them.
Yeah I used to get this but I heard it bad for the scalp. D926673D-8D99-4548-AC5A-7FEC7ECA7554.jpeg

I haven't been to my barber in a couple months and went to book an appt last week and saw the price went up to $75 from $40

I was originally paying $50 total, $40+ tip

This just gives me more reason to keep my skills sharp with cutting my own hair, been practicing it for years now at this point

Decided to walk into a barbershop for the first time in years since I’m visiting my brother in Indiana. Damn guy charged me $15 for a lineup plus $5 in tip. That would have got me a full haircut in Mississippi.

So I’ve got two stand twist this summer and it seems like I have to get them retwist every 2 weeks because of frizz and before I get haircut. Is a retwist every 2 weeks excessive? I’m hoping with fall and winter, I can go a month without a retwist.

So I’ve got two stand twist this summer and it seems like I have to get them retwist every 2 weeks because of frizz and before I get haircut. Is a retwist every 2 weeks excessive? I’m hoping with fall and winter, I can go a month without a retwist.

If you’re trying to loc them then yeah 2 weeks is excessive.

If not then I’d say that’s pretty normal.

Is she blow drying your hair after washing it before twisting it? Also is she giving you bigger twist or smaller ones and are you wearing something over your head as you sleep? All of this makes a big difference.

No to the blow drying, bigger twist and I do sleep with a durag on.
I've been had my hair for about two and a half years and whenever she doesn't blow dry it it looks terrible within a week or two. Tell her to start blow drying your hair so that it shows it's real length. It's not manly but I put on a bonnet because the durag used to smush my hair and that also contributes to a frizzy look. Also consider not getting them so big as well unless she blow dries it..

My lady would always wash, retwist, then leave me under the blow dryer for 30-40 minutes with the clips still in my head. Then braid them into barrel twists. They were clean for a week at least, then I would take them out and wear the locs curly for a day or two before washing hair. Retwists every two weeks is overkill, I got mine retwisted once a month and was told that was too often. The styles look cool but you’ll damage your scalp long term and thin out your roots going overboard with retwists. Future and Young thug both got weak dreads at the scalp from all those years of frequent retwists.

Dreadlocks aren't supposed to be neat like braids/cornrows.

ESPECIALLY in the earlier stages before they mature. Which will vary based on your hair texture.

Cousin just came back from the motherland. He was paying $2 for cuts. Same **** you get in the states. Obviously cost of living is different but still :lol:

Anyone use ceramic blades on their trimmers? Been reading they don't heat up on the T-outliners
I’ve never been able to get sharp lines with ceramic trimmer blades. I like them on my clippers because I feel like they leave smoother blends and softer guidelines that are easier to fade out.

Back
Top Bottom