Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

No they didn't. This is a total internet myth that youngsters believe because they aren't old enough to remember.

The XI's wouldn't have retroed 4 years after their original release if they didn't sell well originally.
Not a youngster bro, nearly 30, I was there.

For those who have been wearing these, how have they held up? Scuffing easily? Wearing in well?

Personally, haven't had a chance to break them out yet!

Not a youngster bro, nearly 30, I was there.

So you were 9 when they released.

What other Jordans sold better than the XI's? IX's? X's? XII's? None of them did.

The point is that NO shoes were a nation wide instant sell out like is common these days. The XI's sold very well originally.

So you were 9 when they released.

What other Jordans sold better than the XI's? IX's? X's? XII's? None of them did.

The point is that NO shoes were a nation wide instant sell out like is common these days. The XI's sold very well originally.
yes they def were. I had og 12s and 13s. Not 11s tho. It's not like they sold out the day they came out across the country tho which is just what I thought u meant. I remember going into footlockers and seeing bred, concord, and Columbia 11s on shelves. My buddy that's 32 just told me the other day about when he got his OG columbias back when they dropped off the shelf. Maybe some areas were different. I know that the AJ11 is the greatest selling air jordan of all time. It's my favorite. And the bred 11s are my favorite air jordan ever. And i still don't have a pair. 11s changed the game.

Last edited:
Thanks, the 6s has to be one of my favorite Jordans but why are the white ones so disliked, is it because the get dirty too fast or because of the quality of them?

aint nothing wrong with them. Theres the usually poor qc pairs that got through.

But the picky dudes came out for this release. Some of y'all look at these like its a rare antique item and you're looking for them to be a perfect shoe.

If some of y'all were as picky with your women. Jergens would be sold out.

I appreciate that. I feel like it's old. Just feel old sometimes in the sneaker community with all these teenagers buying these same shoes.

I get what you're saying. I think you're "middle age" in the sneaker community. I'm old (40) in this thing.

In real life, you're young. I still feel young dammit!

I get what you're saying. I think you're "middle age" in the sneaker community. I'm old (40) in this thing.

In real life, you're young. I still feel young dammit!
We'll if it's true what they say and 40 is the new 30 and 30 is the new 20 then we should both be happy. And your right WE ARE YOUNG DAMNIT.

aint nothing wrong with them. Theres the usually poor qc pairs that got through.

But the picky dudes came out for this release. Some of y'all look at these like its a rare antique item and you're looking for them to be a perfect shoe.

If some of y'all were as picky with your women. Jergens would be sold out.
Understandable, at least people got these at retail are satisfied because some of us unlucky ones have to pay $100+ over retail to get them and to the second part
laugh.gif

casper90403 casper90403
R ryanjumpman420
Just a number and a state of mind. We ok. You know i like wearing these retros along with the kids, especially 1s. When given the chance i like to let them know what was going on when they first came out. Most kids dont even know anything let alone dunk contests, 63 on the celtics or 72-10. That space jam is really a crapper (sweet shoes though). Most enjoy the history.

Last edited:
No they didn't. This is a total internet myth that youngsters believe because they aren't old enough to remember.

The XI's wouldn't have retroed 4 years after their original release if they didn't sell well originally.
Yep they did, everything sat on shelves back in the 90's for months and months, some for years. The Xl's were no different, I saw pairs sitting even after the Xll's came out and I love people saying "they changed the game" they changed nothing, it was just the next Jordan model, that was always more expensive the most of the other kicks, which btw were almost all great too. Dudes talking about the Xl's like they are some kind of a alien shoe or something, introduced the carbon fiber plates and stuff, funny, I remember picking up a pair in the store and looking at the outsole, my first thought was - What, did JB bought the Graphlite tech from Reebok, or they started finally putting their own version there. The only new thing was the patent leather, which was ether loved or very hated, even back than, for me personally and for most of my friends, they looked like a pair of marching band shoes, the Black and White pair that is, what people call the Concords now, no one called them that till 2000. That being said, I do like the Black and Red colorway and cant wait for the lows next year. 

Back
Top Bottom