Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

That was for a post that someone had up with pics of his shoes he bought from a reseller but now it's removed. It's a no brainer if your shoes come from a legit retailer, they are fine.

Lol I gotcha I was just saying for those who get there pairs from legit stores but dont see the stamp or qc sticker with theirs... Like some of those who question if the pair they got from Nike are fake

View media item 1323447
I just picked up my second pair. I was feeling a little guilty for paying 240 for these on Black Friday and didnt really want to UnDS em since I still have Varsity's so I went looking for a second pair. I wanted a worn pair since i Know they would be cheaper and i would feel better about wearing them with a DS pair in the stash. So after trolling and staying current on prices i ran across a dude with a worn pair who wanted 265. I hit him up on the of chance he would be down to drop the price  for quick cash, He responds 170, I meet him with 160 and the rest is history

Last edited:
I just picked up my second pair. I was feeling a little guilty for paying 240 for these on Black Friday and didnt really want to UnDS em since I still have Varsity's so I went looking for a second pair. I wanted a worn pair since i Know they would be cheaper and i would feel better about wearing them with a DS pair in the stash. So after trolling and staying current on prices i ran across a dude with a worn pair who wanted 265. I hit him up on the of chance he would be down to drop the price  for quick cash, He responds 170, I meet him with 160 and the rest is history

I was honestly more surprised dude didn't get anyone interested in the 10 hours it took me to meet up but deff , dont highball when you know how much you really want. Def was a merry xmas tho

I will say this tho Varsity's and Infrareds are 2 completely different shoes. I showed them to my father and he calls the Inf's the orange pair and the Vars the red pair. Even down to materials their 2 way different shoes.

Last edited:
View media item 1323447

View media item 1319840

View media item 1321268
Had to bust them out for Christmas. Went TTS on mine and its a little big but I'd rather have it big than too small
1jqhPrm.gif

Last edited:

How do yall keep the icey soles clean ? (I just started collecting last year so don't hate me) 
I just use dawn blue dish soap, cold water and a scrubbing brush.  I clean after every 3-5 wears.  Don't have time to do it after every wear.

They are going to yellow even if you just stare at em in the box over time.  So you might as well rock em.  I don't mind the yellowing.

I just use dawn blue dish soap, cold water and a scrubbing brush.  I clean after every 3-5 wears.  Don't have time to do it after every wear.

They are going to yellow even if you just stare at em in the box over time.  So you might as well rock em.  I don't mind the yellowing.
Doesn't water speed up the yellowing process?

Actually wearing em does also.

I wore my concords maybe 3-5 times since release day and they are still yellowed.

Grapes, Fire Red 5s, and white infrareds have been worn way more than my concords.  using my cleaning method, they have less yellowing than the concords that have been sitting in my closet.

To each their own.

Last edited:
Shoes are supposed to be worn and worn out, people act like shoes are more than what they are.
I think I will agree with you for this time and this time only.  People treating their shoes like kids treated their toys back in the day cause they were collectible..  Kids should play with their toys, and people should wear their shoes

i like wearing my kicks til their beat, and long after. it adds character. plus, id rather have a beat pair of J's than a brand new pair of k-swiss 
roll.gif
 at the end of the day im thankful that i get to wear $200 shoes...and im damn sure gonna get every cent's worth outta them lol

Last edited:
I HATE it when a buyer shows up to a meet with less than the agreed on price. Passive aggressive tactics like this make me walk away from the deal immediately. At most, have the courage to negotiate a little more face to face but be prepared to pay the full amount. I've run into this a few times when selling my old cell phones or computers on CL. I never hesitated to cancel it then and there. /rant

Back on topic. Planning on wearing mine for the first time after the new year. I can't remember for sure, but I think the OGs were my very first pair of Jordans back in 1991. 

View media item 1323447
Can't beat that. I need me a second pair now

I wore my concords maybe 3-5 times since release day and they are still yellowed.

Grapes, Fire Red 5s, and white infrareds have been worn way more than my concords.  using my cleaning method, they have less yellowing than the concords that have been sitting in my closet.

To each their own.
I have spoken about the Concords in the other thread. The concords, because of how hard they are to keep clean, have become one of my least favorite shoes. If they ever re-release I will never buy them again. I got the '01 and '11 concords and I have yet to wear or even try on my 2011 concords, but I'm scared to look at them in the box because I know they probably are yellowed now, like my 2001 ones are (below)

Last edited:

whenever I wear an icy shoe I just make sure there are no rocks in them and maybe wipe off a bit of dirt with a brush or a towel. I never put water to it in fear that it will do more harm than good if I store them and they are still a bit damp or something. my shoes even as much as 7 years old are still somewhat icy from the side view at least which is all that matters to me
eyes.gif
. don't go OD trying to keep them clean IMO, it's still going to yellow at a pretty similar rate. unless you are one of those people who rock icy shoes all the time then they will get wrecked quick

To each their own.

I have spoken about the Concords in the other thread. The concords, because of how hard they are to keep clean, have become one of my least favorite shoes. If they ever re-release I will never buy them again. I got the '01 and '11 concords and I have yet to wear or even try on my 2011 concords, but I'm scared to look at them in the box because I know they probably are yellowed now, like my 2001 ones are (below)
View media item 1287732

They look beautiful, that character :smokin

truthfully its awesome to restore any sneaker to its original form, better if its done professionally. I wish I could restore my 99-2001 3,4 and 6

i dont even bother trying to stop or slow down the yellowing process. i get my wears in, then once it sets in, get rid of them and wait for the next retro.

I thought I read somewhere the blue tint helps slow/eliminate the yellowing process. Can someone confirm that?

Back
Top Bottom