Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

I knew about the increase months ago and I been saying I'm not paying the increased prices

Edit: except for the holiday releases i need most of them :lol:

Last edited:
Checked manifest today, seen this...

AJ Retro 6 blk/infrared 384664 023
11/28/14
$185

Not sure if posted

Naa.. I'm good if this turns out to be the price. These were the only shoes I was looking forward to this year but I think I'm going to draw the line. It's hard to justify spending $200+ after taxes on a retro, especially around the holiday season. Even a bigger slap in the face is how every other 6 this year is $170.. Call me petty, whatever, but unless I receive these as a gift or something, JB won't be getting 200 from me.

i mean i knew it was coming...especially next year...but i was expecting like 175...or 180....

so that means the colombia xi is 200? :lol:

:smh:

Naa.. I'm good if this turns out to be the price. These were the only shoes I was looking forward to this year but I think I'm going to draw the line. It's hard to justify spending $200+ after taxes on a retro, especially around the holiday season. Even a bigger slap in the face is how every other 6 this year is $170.. Call me petty, whatever, but unless I receive these as a gift or something, JB won't be getting 200 from me.
Although I was expecting $190 by this fall and the $185 seems slightly better, I will be passing on anything over the price of $170.

NIKE sees these J's selling for 50-100% over retail and want a bigger cut smh 
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
i mean i knew it was coming...especially next year...but i was expecting like 175...or 180....

so that means the colombia xi is 200?
laugh.gif

mean.gif
Yup, posted that in the Columbia thread

Although I was expecting $190 by this fall and the $185 seems slightly better, I will be passing on anything over the price of $170.
Everything up until the Black Infs is $170 for this year
Xi retail is 190 now
185? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
 I been saying I'm not paying the increased prices

....except for the holiday releases i need most of them  
and this is why JB gets away with the price bump.

I've noticed on this site particularly, people tend to give JB all this crap about price increases and decrease in quality and say "JB isn't having anymore of my money" but after saying that, they will say "After _____ and ________ and _________, I'm out!" Who are you guys kidding? 

If you guys truly want a return to form... stop buying, even the shoes you want, sometimes you gotta make a sacrifice for things to get better. 

But stop trying to kid yourselves, its like a fat kid who says a donut will be his last piece of junk food ever; "Oh i'll get this pair and im out.... oh and this pair... and this pair.... and this pair"... smh 
mean.gif

Glad. I can say its these columbias and Oreo's and im done.

Imo jordan should do it how nike did the nike+ some with higher quality materials some with out.

Glad. I can say its these columbias and Oreo's and im done.

Imo jordan should do it how nike did the nike+ some with higher quality materials some with out.

Isn't that what the whole "remastering" thing is? I think JB has been kind of playing around with the whole premium moniker for awhile now. (ie. Future Premium, bin 23 collection ect..) but I see your point.

idc, even with the price increase, count me in for 3 pairs of these.

My all time favorite shoe along with BC3s. Beat my 2010 Varsitys to death. 3 pairs are absolutely necessary to hold me over until the next time these retro.

Last edited:
185 USD for these?
Hope they do them justice. If they put suede/Nubuck on them, have strange shape and bad paindtjob, they can just keep them.
170 USD for retros with cardboard leather is already blasphemy. Now this is madness.
Madness? This is JB :frown:

I guess I will only buy new Air Jordans and not retros anymore.

Isn't that what the whole "remastering" thing is? I think JB has been kind of playing around with the whole premium moniker for awhile now. (ie. Future Premium, bin 23 collection ect..) but I see your point.

But I heard the remastering of Jordan retros won't happen before spring 2015.
If they already increase the retail now for current retros, I don't want to know how
much the increase in 2015 again.

@ Hypebeasts
you can have them, I'm out.

and this is why JB gets away with the price bump.

I've noticed on this site particularly, people tend to give JB all this crap about price increases and decrease in quality and say "JB isn't having anymore of my money" but after saying that, they will say "After _____ and ________ and _________, I'm out!" Who are you guys kidding? 

If you guys truly want a return to form... stop buying, even the shoes you want, sometimes you gotta make a sacrifice for things to get better. 

But stop trying to kid yourselves, its like a fat kid who says a donut will be his last piece of junk food ever; "Oh i'll get this pair and im out.... oh and this pair... and this pair.... and this pair"... smh :smh:

Well that's not flying with me like I said I'm only buying these holiday release at the price hike and that's it, I'm done with JB....I'm not about to go through all the online campouts, long lines and riots just to spend $200+ on a shoe AND by the way jB has been releasing shoes that's $200+ Almost every week....I'm good I can live without them

Last edited:
Even with other manufacturers step up their game and sell quality for half less, it's still tough to beat that retro look that everyone knows.  Everyone is not fond of change, even if it cost them more to stick with that they already know.

Let's be honest, the only way price will go down and we'll hit discount retro is if no one buys them.  People will keep buying even for more money than before if there are no good alternative.  Good alternative as in people going in droves for said alternatives.  As much as I dislike Kanye's big ego, I'm just hoping he releases something real good with Adidas to jump start and have a good alternative for people.  Then again there are way too many people in the world that loves JB so might just be an uphill battle that we won't win, at least not in our generation.

Back
Top Bottom