Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

Yeah I use to rock with apple too, but not anymore. I have a custom blown out Laptop PC that I bought 2.5 years ago, and it is still better then anything apple can put out currently.  Sooner or later when people feel like they are being swindled out of there hard earn money, they look for other companies to rise up and offer them something better.

Fortunately for Nike when people get fed up with Jordan Brand quality they run straight to Nike and buy their product, because they got the market cornered. I know my Jordan collection has slowed down over the last year or 2, but my overall collection has grew substantially.

I have found myself lately only buying Jordans that I had when I was growing up.  But now I cant even wear my Jordan around the house during the day to break them in, because of the paint and the creasing. But I can wear my Lebrons for 30 days straight around the house and break them in before I ever step outside or onto the court.
Trueeee,

People forget bout Reebok, Ewing, New Balance, Adidas, Supra, Radii, Asics and the list goes on. Believe it or not there is more out there than Nike and Jordan.

Weird thing tho, I got my Lebron XI Elite and sole started to separate a little on the chrome after about a 4h basketball session (clean indoor). Maybe Im unlucky.

All I gotta say is protest with your money and don't buy if you have that much of a problem with it. And if your not buying, honestly why follow this thread to voice the same opinion over and over in different ways. The quality is not changing for this release. Do what you gotta do, wait on them remasters, whatever. Yes, I'm taking that standpoint on this subject. Can't be on team complaint knowing damn well I'm getting 1 if not 2 pairs of these regardless. This is JB were talking about here. Now Nike brand is a different story because they have no business dropping sub par retros on some while good quality on others. It's about the bottom line and capitalism with JB though (and NIKE) so you guys should choose your battles wisely. If you haven't wrote an essay of your disdain to JB demanding change or better yet stopped buying, then the jokes on you. No need to come in these threads time and time again with the same ol inevitables. Voice your opinion once or twice and move on. Crazy how dudes pay more time, energy and attention to detail on tennis shoes than they do the details in their own daily life's. Sometimes just enjoy and appreciate the fact that we even get retros for nostalgias sake. I consider it a luxury.

Last edited:

All in all , it was a calculated move on JB part when Jordan took over his brand. There is no way he would of been able to pull this off if he didnt have a semi monopoly on the basketball shoe game. And if he knew people weren't following his brand like he was the pied piper.  There is no way Reebok would have stayed afloat, if they started making retros with inferior quality to maximize their profits. No other shoe company would be able to pull this type of  switch-a-roo off. If Apple started making cheap i-products another tech company would come in in a heartbeat and bump them out of their spot. But in the end this can ruin a persons product loyalty, which is a very slippery slope. Some people are getting fed up with 5 wears then cracking and are looking to more up to date lines/technology, such as Lebrons, Kobe, KD's. But being the smart business man Jordan is , im sure he will come up with an idea to get us all back in line to the tune of his flute. Maybe he will bring back the exact specs he used back in the day, and just call them "reMasters".  Who knows??? It could happen. Now that would be a genius business move!!!!
looks like apple has you under their spell lol. They DO make cheap I products..... They just camoflouge them to look fancy with a high price tag to suck everyone into the idea that they must be great. Just like Nike and their retros. They have gathered so many fanboys that they will never be dethroned. and same with nike. There are plenty of companys out there that make better shoes but many people including me still buy nike instead. there are plenty of much better computers but many people still buy apple instead.

Time to play devil's advocate and get flamed like I'm in the pits of hell......

Am I the only one that has noticed the improvement in the choice of releases and in some areas of the quality? Someone above mention 2000-2003, but do you guys remember what happened after those short good years??? some of the worst quality ever and the DRIEST YEARS for any Jordan sneaker lover (No XI's for years when now we get them EVERY year and slew of lacklutster colorways those years).

Am I really the only one who has noticed that they are at least making an attempt to giving us what we want? Case in point: the 2010 infrared vs these set to release. As if they read every post in these threads,they went back and "fixed" everything from adding 3m to correcting the color and material.

We live in good times. Sure, they could be better, but when in JB retro history before could we say "I know for sure this year there will be a release close to OG form" or "I just thrashed my XIs. No big deal they release some EVERY year" or (Best of all) "I know this year we'll see a good retro run of the model that's in it's 23rd year". The answer is never...Never have we had it so good. Of course we PAY out the ***, but things are better now than they have been for a very long time.

I'm in no way saying that people should not complain. The complaints are what got things to where they are now. And I'm sure in my 9 years on these boards the bulk of my post have been complaints about things I was told over and over again would never change. but some of them have changed. So, I'm with you guys 100%! Keep pushing for quality products we know that they are capable of giving us. But all I'm trying to say is, don't forget how far we've come......
like the way u think fam...ppl tend to look at things from a negative perspective or a biased one most of the time.

The 80's & 90's will always trump the **** you grew up in. Clearly you love the 90's style because you're buying retros. Can't believe you accidentally received a rep for your crappy comment.

I'm crying.
You're clearly one of the bitter old heads I'm referring to.
I was born in then 80s man.
What do I look like complaining if the shade of infrared is slightly off lol...it's close enough.
What does it change????!
Unless it's an utter travesty like the elephant print on the Sport Blue III's there's really no reason to complain.
Y'all talk just to talk....Housewives of NT.

all i wanna say is to paraphrase into 1 thing from what I said in the Adidas yeezii thread and remastering thread, companies like resellers are only looking for their profits and bonuses. difference is the manufacturers can take the initiative to change their practices and resellers are jobless exploiters...it's funny how companies didnt realize the huge profit potential they could have made since 85 to now from average demand with great quality producing "ok" profits to increased demand with poorer quality and record higher profits...must have been orchestrated from the get go...

its funny how companies can profit and save as much cents on their products while the economy is struggling :lol: and here we are 2014 forseeing what was inevitable

no mba required but it takes little sense to see if you are in the green to a great extent with the formula you have: bigger quantities, lower(cost efficient) materials, large net profits, the question is:

for a small amount of nike-jordan enthusiasts compared to the larger size of "newer" consumers that will buy the latest lower quality and misshapen nikes/jordans

are you (as head of jordan/nike brand) going to change anything so that it wont affect your net profit and time by even a little? (small differences could add up very quickly especially if you want to be efficient)

I actually think by reshaping these newer retros to the older ones it might require more material (costs$$) and time?. Or honestly there are idiots at the decision making table how the product really should be :lol:

By no means am I defending nike/jb but really its just an objective business model thats mathematically viable for businesses more than consumers. its not meant to be subjective or personal, but as loyal older enthusiasts who appreciate what the older products were and how they were worth the money we paid for them I'll say that we always can have the option of (reluctantly) modifying it the way we really wanted it even if it means that jb/nike still dont get the message. the only message nike/jb is getting right now are the numbers: quantity demand, msrp, and net profits. This is the future unless every nke/jb consumer stops buying EVERY release.

I pretty much have stopped buying current J's. And there's no reason why JB couldn't produce retros exactly like the OG's, their just shoes it's not that hard. If you think JB can't produce shoes with quality materials, the right shape and with the right shade of color your sadly mistaken.
@GirthBrooks,

I'm done with this convo after this, So read very clearly. & this goes out to all the haters that don't jack squat

@stevesteve72 makes a valid point & you're just being rude about it. I mean talk about being a hypocrite. Backwards thinking. Why wouldn't you want the best product for yourself & others? Why not have the original feel?

Want distasteful?

You need to get your motor mouth cleansed before you start putting words in my mouth & disrespecting real NTer's with reasonable contributions to the thread.

Steve's quote is the realist in this thread thus far. It's not like it's a secret. Nike & JB have been doing it for over 15 years now.
I'm crying.
You're clearly one of the bitter old heads I'm referring to.
I was born in then 80s man.
What do I look like complaining if the shade of infrared is slightly off lol...it's close enough.
What does it change????!
Unless it's an utter travesty like the elephant print on the Sport Blue III's there's really no reason to complain.
Y'all talk just to talk....Housewives of NT.
I'm going in

1. I'm not that old.

2. Why are you in this thread then?

3. I never complained about this infrared colorway. I happen to like the shade used this year.

4.What makes you think complaining about bulky EP is ok but not the shape, color, materials?

5. It's Nike Talk. We Talk the talk here & walk the walk in our shoes. Ok?

Do yourself a favor and beat it non og 80's boy.

Last edited:
Man at the end of the day guys, these are just shoes.  Nike and JB arent paying any of our bills, in fact we pay theres.  You like the shoe - cop it.  If you dont, then pass.  But the arguing and back and forth is just a waste of all your time.

Really think about it..they're just shoes.  Something you put on your feet to keep em clean from the dirty cement.

^^^ yeah your right they are just shoes. But most of us here on NT are shoe enthusiasts so we care a little more about shoes then the normal shoe consumer. Anyway in my defense I wasn't arguing just having a discussion, people like to confuse arguing and discussion. If no one on NT was arguing or having discussions it would be a pretty boring place :lol:

^^^ yeah your right they are just shoes. But most of us here on NT are shoe enthusiasts so we care a little more about shoes then the normal shoe consumer. Anyway in my defense I wasn't arguing just having a discussion, people like to confuse arguing and discussion. If no one on NT was arguing or having discussions it would be a pretty boring place
laugh.gif
Im here for the same reasons
happy.gif

Thanks

But for real... for some reason apart of me thought I was in the remastered thread for the last few pages so I apologize for contributing to the derailment. I just want the real deal for once.

laugh.gif
freestyle battles on the streets of NT!

Last edited:
That was all derailment?
Nah man, like SteveSteve said, some just need to learn the differnece between an argument or fight and dialogue.
I don't see anything wrong with what convos took place but, maybe that's why nobody likes me on here.
Nothing wrong with discussing and nothing wrong with disagreeing, those things shouldn't be taboo on a message board nah mean

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom