Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

You are absolutely correct. I'm not sure if you were in the Air Jordan 1 Black/red thread, because they were so adamant that Kanye was the reason why they are so popular. :rofl:
Nah I wasn't in that thread but like @Anthracite8s said I have no idea why people are so obessed with this dude he the way he dress to me is just plain wack...

You are absolutely correct. I'm not sure if you were in the Air Jordan 1 Black/red thread, because they were so adamant that Kanye was the reason why they are so popular. :rofl:
He really is a major reason for why they're so hyped now though. Everyone knows 1's would sit for the most part before & now look at them. He is not the sole reason for their increased popularity imo but you can't deny that his influence didn't have something to do with it. Not a Kanye Stan BTW Lol.

Last edited:
He really is a major reason for why they're so hyped now though. Everyone knows 1's would sit for the most part before & now look at them. He is not the sole reason for their increased popularity imo but you can't deny that his influence didn't have something to do with it. Not a Kanye Stan BTW Lol.

I disagree, Jordan Brand's popularity has drastically increased over the years. If that was the case, then how come the banneds were not as hyped as the 2013's and Kanye has been wearing them way before the banneds came out?

I disagree, Jordan Brand's popularity has drastically increased over the years. If that was the case, then how come the banneds were not as hyped as the 2013's and Kanye has been wearing them way before the banneds came out?

IMO the Ban1s was more a bait/ litmus test shoe.. To see if ppl would pay more for a truer OG and better quality shoe.. Ppl had to actually be into sneakers to know about the ban joints, it's not like those shoes were a raffle type shoe... Sleezy had nothing to do with the ones, ig hype and blogs had a lot to do with it

I think 2011 was when sneakers became mainstream. First it was the galaxies and then the concords. Then in 2012 the yeezy 2s released and people became fascinated with kanye because of all the waiting for his 2nd sneaker. At least that's how I see it

That is why I stated he is not the sole reason for their increased popularity but a major part of it. I have seen countless instances on social media as to why I say that but I'm on mobile & my phone's being trash so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree for now.

Last edited:
Those v reds are so terrible, not even Yeezus can make them work, well, not in them leather pants anyway.

That is why I stated he is not the sole reason for their increased popularity but a major part of it. I have seen countless instances on social media as to why I say that but I'm on mobile & my phone's being trash so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree for now.

That is why I disagree. Kayne had little to the increased popularity of JB. That is the man himself who is arguably the greatest of all time. If it was not for his greatness, there is no way that JB would have lasted this long.

IMO the Ban1s was more a bait/ litmus test shoe.. To see if ppl would pay more for a truer OG and better quality shoe.. Ppl had to actually be into sneakers to know about the ban joints, it's not like those shoes were a raffle type shoe... Sleezy had nothing to do with the ones, ig hype and blogs had a lot to do with it

I agree with your entire statement, the blogs, IG and youtube do play a significant part. But it starts from MJ himself. Without him, the sneakers will sit alot longer.

That is why I disagree. Kayne had little to the increased popularity of JB. That is the man himself who is arguably the greatest of all time. If it was not for his greatness, there is no way that JB would have lasted this long.
You're saying it like I discredited Jordan for the popularity of his shoes. OF COURSE he is where it all started. Also we were talking about the increased popularity of the Jordan 1 specifically & not JB as a whole. You're seriously going to act like Jordan 1's didn't use to siiiiit at stores? No offense but I'm assuming you're an older head that doesn't do social media (Twitter/IG) much... because if you had been active on those two outlets since at least '12 you'd see where I'm coming from regarding the Jordan 1 specifically.

Last edited:
Yeezy single handedly made these the greatest air jordan of all time
smokin.gif
Words cannot describe how angry you made me, hypebeast allert, this is a bait.

You're saying it like I discredited Jordan for the popularity of his shoes. OF COURSE he is where it all started. Also we were talking about the increased popularity of the Jordan 1 specifically & not JB as a whole. You're seriously going to act like Jordan 1's didn't use to siiiiit at stores? No offense but I'm assuming you're an older head that doesn't do social media (Twitter/IG) much... because if you had been active on those two outlets since at least '12 you'd see where I'm coming from regarding the Jordan 1 specifically.

Yes Air Jordan 1's sat and pretty much everything until the limited 6/11 DMP. Then after the DMP, some sat and some did not. The thing these days is that everyone in general wants to be a collector. But these black/red's was going to sellout regardless because plain and simple, black/red colorway plus OG branding means instant sellout. In addition, with the banneds came out two years prior although limited helped it. Because if the younger generation don't buy the black/red's, we older heads will still eat them up because we appreciate the black/red colorway and it started JB.

Last edited:
how in the uffing hell did this dude get brought up in the thread? yall want ye wearing sixes go back to 2010-11 please.. that n is pushing that german brand :lol:

no hate to kanyeezy but too many plastics out there hyped up for these and it aint gonna make it easier by posting the posterchild for hypebeasts

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah they are releasing 1/2 mill+ of these, you could put every Ninja on the Billboard charts in a pair of these for all I care, if the hype is too strong and I miss, well I just miss.

What do you guys think the Most overused phrase is here...

"need two pairs"

"my body is(I'm) ready"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom