Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

These are a Black Friday release? Hm... never purchased a JB Black Friday release before. I imagine it must be a nightmare though, right?

The BC-III Black Friday drop a few years back wasn't bad at all, for me, in-store and online.
The BC-IV was a little more hectic, in-store, b/c the "I Want To Be A Sneakerhead" trend was picking up mainstream steam.
After that drop I basically moved to online only.
Historically, Nike's Black Friday and Xmas releases have the biggest production numbers of the year, retro wise.
But it's beginning to look like GRs in 2014 are being produced in greater numbers, thus far.
Makes sense, considering Nike made its most lofty revenue projections ever, at the end of 2013. Nike is in overdrive this year.
:nerd:

If same numbers then easy cop. No demand/hype where i live and if theyre GR like the whites then we'll have them with plenty left over chillin :smokin

The BC-III Black Friday drop a few years back wasn't bad at all, for me, in-store and online.
The BC-IV was a little more hectic, in-store, b/c the "I Want To Be A Sneakerhead" trend was picking up mainstream steam.
After that drop I basically moved to online only.
Historically, Nike's Black Friday and Xmas releases have the biggest production numbers of the year, retro wise.
But it's beginning to look like GRs in 2014 are being produced in greater numbers, thus far.
Makes sense, considering Nike made its most lofty revenue projections ever, at the end of 2013. Nike is in overdrive this year.

You should note also that the BC III did not see a restock. It was a true QS in a sense. It came and went like a virgin on prom night.

Last edited:
Matt Powell said about 200k of the Infrared 23 was sold each week after the drop. Now I don't know if that was combined sales for the all infra and the white/infra but I'm betting it was just for the white/infra. With that said there was about 400k+ pairs of those made.

I'm sure Black/Infra will have similar numbers.

On his twitter he said 250K white Infrareds and 75K all red ones, which is basically exactly like the Laneys

Can't wait for this, hopefully it'll be another big GR so I can get a few pairs. Black infrared 6s are my grails.
They better get the color right for this, not as bright as the whites that released and not as dark as the previous retro.

You'll keep seeing more and more, in regard to numbers produced.
Last year MJ had his most lucrative year with Nike.
He made $90 Million, at least $75 Million of that was from Nike.
You KNOW how competitive he is.
He breaks that mark in 2014.

Last edited:

If that's what MN said, they're wrong. The material on the shoes in the pictures is a durabuck.. Those are the samples that were made a while back of the Infrareds with the Jumpman AIR on the back instead of Nike AIR.. JB made those pics and used them on their website to show the history of the shoes. Those aren't the 2010s.

EDIT: might be wrong on that, after looking closely. But I remember JB had quality shots that looked almost identical a while back.. I'm trying to find them

Yeah I'm pretty sure those are the Nike / JB pictures of those samples. The back on those is Durabuck, not a nubuck all around like the 2010s.

Last edited:
Lol these sat on shelves for while in 2010, I remember people were pickin em up at Ross. Back then I really thought JB had hit rock bottom. Now all of a sudden, these'll sell out instantly. Don't know how the dynamic changed in a short 4 years.

Lol these sat on shelves for while in 2010, I remember people were pickin em up at Ross. Back then I really thought JB had hit rock bottom. Now all of a sudden, these'll sell out instantly. Don't know how the dynamic changed in a short 4 years.

They sat because people weren't interested at the time. The materials weren't right.

But most importantly, they sat because it was before the Concords released- thus making it before the huge jump in the sneaker community.

How much does a DS pack go for now a days? The newer generation is thirsty for them. Still got mine on ice cause I was wearing my Black / Varsity Reds.. Glad I copped the pack.

Five words - Social Media Hype and Concords. 

March is a week away well get official pictures then so no rush. Those pictures on the site def arnt 2014 pairs tho

Long term that thing is the best. Foot locker doesn't have an all purpose one far as know you need a leather and a suede cleaner separately plus jason markks cleans way more shoes than that footlocker fnl stuff.

Only a matter of tome before the pictures of "he who shall not be named" come along and everyone needs them.

this. i copped the 2010 black/varsity reds at my local finishline a month after release. infrared pack didn't drop in my area back then.

these will sell out instantly this time. I'm gunning for 3-4 pairs myself. this is one of my top 3 favorite sneakers of all time. I could wear these everyday and not get sick of em.

Last edited:
this. i copped the 2010 black/varsity reds at my local finishline a month after release. infrared pack didn't drop in my area back then.

these will sell out instantly this time. I'm gunning for 3-4 pairs myself. this is one of my top 3 favorite sneakers of all time. I could wear these everyday and not get sick of em.

it never ceases to amaze me how dudes can say their going for 3-4 pairs with a straight face. Infrareds won't fill the void in your soul

Back
Top Bottom