Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

not even mike influences what i buy i like his shoes and his game ,but if you took mike out the picture id probally still cop 

because we all know mike cant dress to save his life

Kanye, Wayne, jayz, wale, and other contributed to the "celebrity sneaker stalker" phase of hypebeasting which started 5-7 years ago and this is why the game has gotten so crazy.

Point taken but they started a fire as I stated the brand has now transcended them. They help hook'em now these kids are here and will soon be men and woman. Meaning the celbs did their work. Now these kids are here out of habit and the ole mighty dollar. Not what kayne or wale wore this week. But their own habits, hypebeasting, passion, hustle.

What im saying is I feel that bubble is far from bursting its a habit now it's ingrained into the current Pop culture of our current youth to run out and cop kicks. Nike will do their best to make sure that stays this way also with new tricks

Like better supply on hype releases like these
The remaster ish
The limited ish will never stop though drives hype

not even mike influences what i buy i like his shoes and his game ,but if you took mike out the picture id probally still cop 

My man Mike don't need to dress for nobody. That's the last of his worries lol

This is true, I was sitting near him at a Yankees game in a box and he was dressed in this terrible suite and dude had a fedora and was actin like a douche the whole game. His chick was serious though.

Last edited:
hold up ya'll were getting free shipping this morning on fnl*?? these price authorization amounts looking type low

Last edited:
Kanye, Wayne, jayz, wale, and other contributed to the "celebrity sneaker stalker" phase of hypebeasting which started 5-7 years ago and this is why the game has gotten so crazy.

Point taken but they started a fire as I stated the brand has now transcended them. They help hook'em now these kids are here and will soon be men and woman. Meaning the celbs did their work. Now these kids are here out of habit and the ole mighty dollar. Not what kayne or wale wore this week. But their own habits, hypebeasting, passion, hustle.

What im saying is I feel that bubble is far from bursting its a habit now it's ingrained into the current Pop culture of our current youth to run out and cop kicks. Nike will do their best to make sure that stays this way also with new tricks

Like better supply on hype releases like these
The remaster ish
The limited ish will never stop though drives hype
I'm not denying that, the original point was real simple. I said a lot of extra people comin for six's since Kanye made em infamous on the Internet years ago, then peeps started actin like it wasn't true, or that we said ye the only reason people want 6's. People just need to read and not overreact.

Last edited:
Stopped by my local HOH a little before 6pm. Line about 20+ deep waiting for unclaimed pairs. Looked like they were raffling them off. Didn't stick around. Seemed pretty chaotic.

Crazy come up for me today. This never happens.

Woke up at before 5AM try and cop off of NDC but I fell victim to the site crashes and lost my spot in line. After about an hr and a half of tryingi just went back to sleep. Called a local Finish Line because I heard that they had a lot left over and they said to check in with their IG account because they would post when they are available :\
Decided to get wise so I called back later and asked when was the last time for pick ups for the raffles and they said noon. Looked at the clock and it was 12:01! Flew down to Finishline and there was already a line inside the store. And they had a bunch of pairs behind the counter. Didn't look too good for me. Somehow I asked to right coworker ( cause we all know there are some that do not want to help at all). Told him I needed a 13 and he said I think I got you, hold on. He help out 2 other customers in the area and then went to the back. In that time I overheard two other coworkers tell customers that they were sold out. Saw another coworker walking around with a box and it was a 13! Asked him if those were taken and indeed they were. Finally the guy initially helping emerged from the back room from what seemed like an eternity ... and with him my sz 13's! ! Right before I was about to purchase another coworker came up to him and whispered something and my guy was like oh no its ok i got these for him. My heart did stop for a second because I thought he was gonna try to block this transaction that was about to take place. Dude pulled out the handheld scanner, rang me up and my come up of the year took place. This kinda luck never happens so I am super stoked even 6 hours later!

Dude really bought 15 pairs of 6s? SMH

The paint gonna crack no matter how many you stock so I hope he just stocking for trade bait. I

I got 4 pairs of 2010s 1 varsity red and 3 infrared black, and they all cracked around the same time. Put on one of my two stocks on and it cracked immediately , even though I broke them in initially.

Lots a love hate relationship with 3s 4s 5s and 6s. They just don't last long.

Last edited:
The way I see it, celebrities have been wearing Jordan's since the 80s.  When I was growing up, seeing a picture of a movie star or musician wearing a pair of Jordan's (back when MTV actually played music videos), I always thought they wore the shoes because they were a fan of Jordan, his game, and his shoes.  Kind of like a sign of respect and admiration.  

I remember the celebrity cameos in Michael Jackson's "Jam" video, and many of them were rocking the 7s, which further elevated that music videos as one of my favorites growing up.

Now-a-days, the younger generation were not fortunate to see Jordan play games live or on TV, and see the impact Jordan had on the game and media worldwide. Many youngin's (not all) might think that if a celebrity wears Jordan's then it must be something cool, and then follow suit and want to wear them as well because that's where their influences come from.  

In that sense, you can't really blame the younger generation in being influenced by these rappers/celebrities.  I just wished that they took time to appreciate history and how it shapes the present and future.  Jordan brought the game to another level, and everyone should be made aware of how much Jordan impacted the world beyond the shoe culture.

C'mon 80s kids: we all wanted to "Be Like Mike" and emulate everything he did, ate, drank, and endorsed. 

Let's try to educate the younger generation, not bash them.  We were all young, naive and ignorant at one point of our lives.

Last edited:
For as much as people hate kayne.....

They seem to be inspired by him enough to buy up whole stocks of shoes

STOP ITS ALMOST COOL TO SAY HOW MUCH YOU HATE KAYNE.....

DOUBT EVERY YOUNG PERSON IN AMERICA WANTS TO BE HIM.

Long story short the hype of jordans has transcended what any celb can do for the brand. Unless it's limited ish they wear. Kids like shoes cause it's the holidays its hyped.

many kids into shoes are looking into history and others because it's a black and red shoe.

Which matches their limited clothing supply that they brought to match their other red and black shoes.
I LOVE Kanye as an artist but to buy certain clothes or sneakers because he has worn them is wicked corny. Be yourself. For example: That APC x Kanye collaboration which was real overpriced but people bought it just because of Kanye.

Back
Top Bottom