Black Infrared VI's returning in 2014. NO GM TALK!

I got a PayPal email that said I placed an order with FNL but no email from FNL tho. If I miss out, oh well. Anyone care to explain?

Just woke up to an email from SP with my tracking info. Shipped UPS... Paid $183 shipped... :nthat:

Didn't get e-mail tracking from FNL but per another user's experience I went ahead and tracked it online and it has been SHIPPED!

Did you actually get to the "Your order is placed" screen for Finishline? If not, you order was not placed, but Paypal authorized your payment. It will reverse in a couple days if it has not already.  Your payment was declined by Finishline so the order did not go all the way through (sometimes it can't be helped, depends on the day, really).  If you did get to the final order page with an order number, then call finishline to see what's up.
I got a PayPal email that said I placed an order with FNL but no email from FNL tho. If I miss out, oh well. Anyone care to explain?

Crazy come up for me today. This never happens.

Woke up at before 5AM try and cop off of NDC but I fell victim to the site crashes and lost my spot in line. After about an hr and a half of tryingi just went back to sleep. Called a local Finish Line because I heard that they had a lot left over and they said to check in with their IG account because they would post when they are available :\
Decided to get wise so I called back later and asked when was the last time for pick ups for the raffles and they said noon. Looked at the clock and it was 12:01! Flew down to Finishline and there was already a line inside the store. And they had a bunch of pairs behind the counter. Didn't look too good for me. Somehow I asked to right coworker ( cause we all know there are some that do not want to help at all). Told him I needed a 13 and he said I think I got you, hold on. He help out 2 other customers in the area and then went to the back. In that time I overheard two other coworkers tell customers that they were sold out. Saw another coworker walking around with a box and it was a 13! Asked him if those were taken and indeed they were. Finally the guy initially helping emerged from the back room from what seemed like an eternity ... and with him my sz 13's! ! Right before I was about to purchase another coworker came up to him and whispered something and my guy was like oh no its ok i got these for him. My heart did stop for a second because I thought he was gonna try to block this transaction that was about to take place. Dude pulled out the handheld scanner, rang me up and my come up of the year took place. This kinda luck never happens so I am super stoked even 6 hours later!
Homie glad u eating with us. Congrats bro

Did you not notice from the pics too that it was pretty much leather around the ankle bubble? Was a nice surpise
Just noticed :lol:

Footlocker told me they cAn start selling unclaimed pairs at 6
That's why I said you gotta ask. Some stores sell unclaimed pairs after 4p, after 6p, or re raffle. By me they've been re raffling all releases
I always wanted the back to be leather like the OGs but I'll take this lil niblet from JB...

you wish
roll.gif
nah i doubt it will stay as it is
smokin.gif
gonna go up by 500% at least, dont sleep

The way I see it, celebrities have been wearing Jordan's since the 80s.  When I was growing up, seeing a picture of a movie star or musician wearing a pair of Jordan's (back when MTV actually played music videos), I always thought they wore the shoes because they were a fan of Jordan, his game, and his shoes.  Kind of like a sign of respect and admiration.  

I remember the celebrity cameos in Michael Jackson's "Jam" video, and many of them were rocking the 7s, which further elevated that music videos as one of my favorites growing up.

Now-a-days, the younger generation were not fortunate to see Jordan play games live or on TV, and see the impact Jordan had on the game and media worldwide. Many youngin's (not all) might think that if a celebrity wears Jordan's then it must be something cool, and then follow suit and want to wear them as well because that's where their influences come from.  

In that sense, you can't really blame the younger generation in being influenced by these rappers/celebrities.  I just wished that they took time to appreciate history and how it shapes the present and future.  Jordan brought the game to another level, and everyone should be made aware of how much Jordan impacted the world beyond the shoe culture.

C'mon 80s kids: we all wanted to "Be Like Mike" and emulate everything he did, ate, drank, and endorsed. 

Let's try to educate the younger generation, not bash them.  We were all young, naive and ignorant at one point of our lives.

Yes and no.

I was a fan of Magic, but I was never going to buy a pair of Magic's kicks.

I knew kids who liked Dominique, who would never buy Brooks and then Reebok's.

People even liked Jordan, but weren't buying up every Jordan.

Times were a lot different then.

You bought kicks you liked. Look at the Agassi, how many people cared about tennis? There was no hype. Kicks weren't limited. Kicks weren't going to sell out. You went to the store and got your favorite thing in the store. Totally different from today.

Wasn't gonna get these. Went to the mall and stopped by FNL. Had a size 11.5 left. Last in the store. Someone didn't claim their pair and they looked alot better in person. Walked out with em. These> 2010s :smokin

Back
Top Bottom