BLACK MAN SHOT WHILE JOGGING IN GEORGIA

Which mod came into the Last Dance thread, having NOT watched the doc, and told everybody to stop talking about race?

KHUFU KHUFU nawghtyhare nawghtyhare Who was it? :lol:
Ask that guy up there.

He had a problem with me stating that all white people are indeed racist, and that Jordan's image was created to pander toward that demographic.

Dwalk is Black????

giphy (1).gif

He's black in the way Elaine Chao is Chinese, Nikki Haley is Indian, Marco Rubio is Cuban, etc. Just another one of the worthless wastes of melanin that turn to white bootlicking and Republican ideals because people of their own kind have roasted them since birth

i agree that racist is racist lol. That said, the label African American ain’t even accurate. Why can’t we just be Americans? If Africa is the cradle of human beings then we all African Americans. I’m good with black. **** Jesse Jackson lol
For real. 😂
I just try to avoid describing someone by using their race. Or using any generalizations based on race. Not bc I'm afraid of offending someone, but just bc that really shouldn't be something that needs to be pointed out.
That part.

I have always taught my son that if he's trying to point someone out, use clothing or accessories. Words like fat, skinny, black, African American, Mexican (which he wouldn't even know, anyways, making it even more problematic as a reference to pointing someone out), white, Chinese (again, might not even be accurate)… I've always taught him to stay away from those kind of descriptors.

'These 3 guys came in, one had a red baseball hat on, 1 of them was taller than the other 2, all 3 of them were wearing shorts, one of them had a blue backpack and I think another one had a green backpack. Did you see them? Anyways, I think they go to my school.'

That's a good enough set of descriptions to reference whoever he's talking about for whatever he wanted to tell me about them. I've always taught him to stay away from 'These 2 black guys came in and this 1 Mexican guy. One of the black guys was really fat, the other one was tall and skinny'… that's just all bad, just allllllll bad.

Quarantine protesters going to protest the protesters who are protesting against the killing of Ahmaud. Bet on it.

"Why can't they just get a job instead of protesting" (while protesting for hours in military cosplay for the "right" to go to the beach whenever they want to)

I have no idea.

KHUFU KHUFU , DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican , dwalk31 dwalk31 , @marikomorose , do you refer to yourself as Woke or Hotep?

Or have I misunderstood something and you recognize that intent matters, that simply using the term POC is not always offensive, dismissive, and ignorant?

Am I?

Nah. I'm sure most of those folks would be mad you included me :lol:

I'm a black conservative. So I am probably far from that. But I understand how the POC terminology can be used in an offensive way.

But if you didn't mean any harm by it, that's all you can really do. You know your heart bro.

EDIT:

I say Black.
I want to be called BLACK.

This, period.

He's black in the way Elaine Chao is Chinese, Nikki Haley is Indian, Marco Rubio is Cuban, etc. Just another one of the worthless wastes of melanin that turn to white bootlicking and Republican ideals because people of their own kind have roasted them since birth

dont forget rafeal Cruz

I HATE the word "African-AMerican." It sounds like someone is FORCING themselves to NOT say the wrong thing.

I say Black.
I want to be called BLACK.
Sometimes they ARE forcing themselves to not say the wrong word, but the wrong word doesn't always end in -ger. Not saying the wrong thing could be as simple as 'I don't know if you hate 'black' and I better say African-American, or if you hate 'African-American' and I better say black. Or just American. Or if you think 'American' diminishes your ancestry, so I better say African. I'll just say African. Oh, you're Dominican?'

And I know the easy solution there is 'See? That person should have just said black.' But I don't know if you just haven't seen it or what, but I have seen white people get grilled for saying black, like heavy handed heat for saying what you just said you prefer.

Put it to a poll. I guarantee there will not be a unanimous decision among black people even in just this thread on whether they prefer to be called black, African American, African, American, or don't care as long as it's not a white person calling them -ger or -ga.

For real. 😂
That part.

I have always taught my son that if he's trying to point someone out, use clothing or accessories. Words like fat, skinny, black, African American, Mexican (which he wouldn't even know, anyways, making it even more problematic as a reference to pointing someone out), white, Chinese (again, might not even be accurate)… I've always taught him to stay away from those kind of descriptors.

'These 3 guys came in, one had a red baseball hat on, 1 of them was taller than the other 2, all 3 of them were wearing shorts, one of them had a blue backpack and I think another one had a green backpack. Did you see them? Anyways, I think they go to my school.'

That's a good enough set of descriptions to reference whoever he's talking about for whatever he wanted to tell me about them. I've always taught him to stay away from 'These 2 black guys came in and this 1 Mexican guy. One of the black guys was really fat, the other one was tall and skinny… that's just all bad, just allllllll bad.
Yep, if I can't say "Hey Remember Mike, he was..." without saying black, shame on me.

You keep peddling that same nonsense. Are YOU black is a better question. Mine doesn't wash off and I've had to live as a black man, a 6'2 black man, in America, all my life.

Cut the noise just because you disagree with my politics.

IMG_9499.jpg

a9B00do.gif

I totally get DWALK, totally. I am raging Black, but even I was questioned if I were truly Black, by a WHITE GUY on this site. But DWALK is about his money, and he has hitched his wagon up to the party that he thinks is gonna help him to get that paper. However, not all money is good money.

Y'all know how I stand, Black first. DWalk is Black, and I have a funny feeling that if we had to throw down in the war? He'd be down with US, and that is because he knows their secrets, methods.

At least I'd hope so.....:lol:

I understand why/how a White Person wouldn't know WHAT to call us due to us (legally) being called different things at different points over the last 70 years.

I get it.

I wouldn't want to be called "American." ~ :lol:
It's also that there are a few different opinions/preferences on what verbiage to use even among black people, legality be damned.

It's also that there are a few different opinions/preferences on what verbiage to use even among black people, legality be damned.
Yea, I get that. Everyone doesn't like to be called the same thing.

So I GUESS, yall saying AA is the right things to say.

I totally get DWALK, totally. I am raging Black, but even I was questioned if I were truly Black, by a WHITE GUY on this site. But DWALK is about his money, and he has hitched his wagon up to the party that he thinks is gonna help him to get that paper. However, not all money is good money.

Y'all know how I stand, Black first. DWalk is Black, and I have a funny feeling that if we had to throw down in the war? He'd be down with US, and that is because he knows their secrets, methods.

At least I'd hope so.....:lol:

Uncle Tom was actually the good guy in the book but......Sheesh!

Stowe's Tom is brave, strong, and good. He saves the life of and is a good friend to Little Eva, his slaveholder's frail young daughter. After Tom is sold to the evil Simon Legree, he is whipped to death for refusing to divulge the whereabouts of some runaways.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican P Present alchemist iq alchemist iq debso debso

darthska said:
There are people who can only filter the approaches and responses of others through a lens of race; they don't know how to take someone's character for who they are.

Consequently, these people need to apply race to others in order to even have a conversation with them about even favorite cereal flavors or effing furniture design. Literally every conversation to them needs to take place with their knowledge of the races of everyone talking. Their bullying demands that everyone disclose their race are non-stop because they can't function in the conversation otherwise.

Consequently, sometimes these people just go ahead and apply race to others and if the 'accused' doesn't deny it, they figure that must be it.

Some people. Not anyone in particular.

These little racists feel really comfortable around these parts, especially when certain moderators are clearly present. I've noticed that when Methodical Management is around, the little racist detractors are nowhere to be found, and the site is moderated much differently. In threads like this, the Last Dance thread as well, there should be no room for a moderator that is not well versed on the Black experience in america. If you do not understand intersectionality, if you do not understand that Black people cannot be racists, if you cannot grasp that all white people are indeed racists, and what that truly means? Then you should not have the power to suggest when someone is wrong until you are educated on said subject, and you should not be able to wield any power, no control of how the conversation should go, at all, ESPECIALLY when they are refusing to learn that they are wrong.

You deserve to be banned

Yea, I get that. Everyone doesn't like to be called the same thing.

So I GUESS, yall saying AA is the right things to say.

I'm not sure who 'y'all' is referring to, because I'm speaking on a complicated dynamic, not for a specific group of certain people.

And I'm not saying AA is right. I'm sticking with what P Present said, that intent matters.

Back
Top Bottom